What were Entei, Suicune and Raikou before they were revived?

Destati

Yeah the fight is just my speculation but I figured that'd make sense as to 'why' Ho-oh would go out of its way to revive those pokemon. And by your logic if a human did start it would spark a battle between the two. Why would Ho-oh even be there? isn't his perch the Tin tower lol

As for the events that they represent are the following:The lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned in the tower, and the rain that put it out.

Edit:

anyways I'm guessing that Ho-oh just gave them their current shape based on pokemon he already knew. If the pokemon world has legends about how these pokemon appear I doubt the ones revived from the tower are the only ones of 'their' species.

Edited by Kaarosu
Random thought

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that they died in the fire is what supposed to make them special. The Phoenix rising from the ashes deal. That is what Ho-Oh is after all. He mourned the lose of the three pokemon so he revived them and gifted them with the powers they have now.

Something doesn't have to be special to start with to be special later. There are tons of folk tails where something completely normal becomes something of great importance later on. Even more so in Japanese and Chinese culture. They have so many interesting Fairy Tails.

Good point. I just don't know any details leading to what these Pokémon might have been before the tower was burned to the ground. Could they have been Raikou, Entei and Suicune all along? Why did they get reincarnated to be all powerful? Why not just make them themselves again?

But Raikou isn't that fast itself, but it does seem understanding, and Suicune doesn't seem all that intelligent, Arcanine suites Entei very well, they are both lion like, with they're manes, and such.

Hey, Suicune is pretty intelligent!!! Remember 4Ever???

• 2 weeks later...

hmm was there ever a pokemon episode about the brass tower and stuff? Normally the protagonist trio would come to a city then find something unusual then they maybe ask around to find out what happened/how it happened, then maybe someone (like Officer Jenny or some old person) tells them about the legend of the 3 dogs and stuff?

If you get what I'm trying to say :P

I'm getting this out of logic since a lot of stuff is revealed in pokemon through somebody else's wisdom.

Discuss my opinion?

did anyone ever consider that suicune, entei, and raikou could have possibly been humans that were killed in the fire and Ho-oh revived them in the form of beasts? just a thought but that is something that i considered when i first heard this story.

According to the anime Ho-oh is pissed at the humans because "Humans tried to steal Ho-oh's power along with all other pokemon which led to the fire in the Tin tower. Three pokemon were caught in the flames unable to escape in time. Watching in sadness and disgrace Ho-oh drew upon the powers of nature and its own ancient power and it created new lives for them. The reincarnation of the northern winds Suicune, the reincarnation of a volcano Entei and the reincarnation of thunder Raikou. He sent these three pokemon to observe humans and wait for the day when pokemon and humans's hearts beat as one. Only then will Ho-oh come back." -Eusine

Oh and the only things that survived that fire were the bells that team rocket stole which are supposed to only ring when Ho-oh returns.:kikkoman:

Edit:

When watching the episode the part where they're being reborn as the three legendary beasts(dogs/cat don't care) they seem to be small pokemon. (http://liquiddeath.com/Legend.mp4)

Edited by Kaarosu
Random Observation

According to the anime Ho-oh is pissed at the humans because "Humans tried to steal Ho-oh's power along with all other pokemon which led to the fire in the Tin tower. Three pokemon were caught in the flames unable to escape in time. Watching in sadness and disgrace Ho-oh drew upon the powers of nature and its own ancient power and it created new lives for them. The reincarnation of the northern winds Suicune, the reincarnation of a volcano Entei and the reincarnation of thunder Raikou. He sent these three pokemon to observe humans and wait for the day when pokemon and humans's hearts beat as one. Only then will Ho-oh come back." -Eusine

Oh and the only things that survived that fire were the bells that team rocket stole which are supposed to only ring when Ho-oh returns.:kikkoman:

Edit:

When watching the episode the part where they're being reborn as the three legendary beasts(dogs/cat don't care) they seem to be small pokemon. (http://liquiddeath.com/Legend.mp4)

Hmm so my theory was just a little bit off. It doesn't really show us what they was before the fire but at least I was right about the episode xD

Bulbapedia says that it was 3 pokemon but since its like Wikipedia anyone can edit it :P

though it does provide other information like how Rattata are wild pokemon on both 1F and B1 of the tower at all times. So it is more possible that it was 3 Rattatas that was killed in the fire.

My theory is that they where three humans who went to the tower ages ago to do research.

When something or someone burns the tower (maybe this person knew what they where searching for and didn't want them to know it) causing these three humans to die, Ho-Oh who watches this tower burn and sees these three humans die when it wasn't their 'time'. So he revives them as three dogs to watch on people. They where all given special powers (Suicune turns up when there is something happening to water etc.) And as Entei was that girls dog he went back and looked after her.

Or something like that.

But with all your peoples posts et cetera it seems my theory is just me being a complete idiot.

We've already been over that Ho-oh hates humans. Why would he reincarnate humans if he hates them? It is most likely 3 Ratatta since the tower has tons of them.

He hates humans but everything feels emotion so maybe Ho-Oh felt a bit sad.

man this thread could last a lifetime and the only person who knows the truth is the creator of pokemon himself T.T looks like we will never know the full story T.T UNLESS the anime (lol) tells the rest of the story when they return to johto (yes they will have ash and friends return to johto for some reason or another because pokemon anime is what brings in their monies and the games as well) and then they might explain in more detail about the legend. doubt it tho