Shiny GTS [Now with Gen V support!] (Now announcing Shiny DTS!)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok !! here's the full error code ;)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4313/completeerror.jpg

Thanks for helping me :)

It looks like the Charmander is not valid. I don't know more than that sadly.

l recently got problems with the GTS again and something is really wrong with the receive it never works and that blue screen return everytime l try the Receive Mode.

Also it stopped sending pokemons now too.

Errors:

First - http://i51.tinypic.com/sawsaf.jpg

Second - http://i55.tinypic.com/2ik4n0o.jpg

Thanks for help in advance.

If you're receiving Pokemon...I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I'll test it again to make sure it works with my game and with the latest code compilations I have. As for the sending, it looks like there is an issue with the randomized sender (again). I don't know what the deal is this time sadly...I'll have to check it out and see what I can discover. Thanks for all the reports guys!

It looks like the Charmander is not valid. I don't know more than that sadly.

and how can i get valid pokemon ? i'm downloading all pokemon from pkmdb.com ... can you tell me another pkm database where i can looking for some valid pokemon?

thanks for all ^_^ and sorry for my english :P

and how can i get valid pokemon ? i'm downloading all pokemon from pkmdb.com ... can you tell me another pkm database where i can looking for some valid pokemon?

thanks for all ^_^ and sorry for my english :P

Just make sure the Charmander is of the proper format for the Generation you want. If you want to distribute to a Generation IV platform, make sure all Pokemon files are Gen IV format. The same applies for Generation V.

Just make sure the Charmander is of the proper format for the Generation you want. If you want to distribute to a Generation IV platform, make sure all Pokemon files are Gen IV format. The same applies for Generation V.

OK, then .. !!

How can i transform this gen I,II,III,IV into gen V?

thanks !!

ummm i have mac and apparently that ir-gts is the equivilent for mac but is there away to change it so that ir-gts uses a public ip? i know this is in the wrong thread but i dont know where the right thread is.

I just recently started getting a problem with the DNS IP again... I had it before and my IP disappears and it randomly came back the next day but its happening again and its been about almost 2 weeks I've tried deleting the program and re-downloading it... still no luck...

Here's what it does: http://i.imgur.com/amuII.png

I pull the IP address from an external source which might be down. The solution is to just manually locate it yourself (from a site like www.whatsmyip.org) and type it in by hand. That is outside of my control and no amount of re-downloading can fix that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I could probably rig up a version to do that next time if enough support for it comes in.

I think that nearly all people who use this program just use it for private, so it is not necessary, it would be nice if you could do this :)

In which program language is it written?

Not sure if I'm reading certain parts here right. This app isn't set up to allow just LAN connections? You have to have it connected to the internet? I hope not, as IR-GTS works fine for me but has no option to send multiple PKMs to a game, and Shiny does, so I'd really like to be able to use it without setting up a server. If it is set up to do LAN connections, which I assume based on instructions but follow-up posts seem contradictory, I am only getting a 52110 and can't for the life of me figure out why (have tried both wireless and wired via ethernet, and then each of those on two separate routers). I have turned off all firewalls and even tried setting ports up with no luck (have had to set up port forwarding before for numerous computer games). I am running on XP SP3, and using a black version cart on a 3DS, if any of that matters, and all programs/firewalls off. I'm reasonably certain my ISP blocks the ports used since I time out testing them on external sites, but this shouldn't affect LAN connections. And, as I said, I can send files with IR, it just doesn't have the features and ease-of-use and visual appeal of Shiny GTS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Was using python 2.6, tried 2.7, same error.

I think that nearly all people who use this program just use it for private, so it is not necessary, it would be nice if you could do this :)

In which program language is it written?

Visual Basic .NET

oh snap that worked thank you very much

Glad to have helped! :)

Not sure if I'm reading certain parts here right. This app isn't set up to allow just LAN connections? You have to have it connected to the internet? I hope not, as IR-GTS works fine for me but has no option to send multiple PKMs to a game, and Shiny does, so I'd really like to be able to use it without setting up a server. If it is set up to do LAN connections, which I assume based on instructions but follow-up posts seem contradictory, I am only getting a 52110 and can't for the life of me figure out why (have tried both wireless and wired via ethernet, and then each of those on two separate routers). I have turned off all firewalls and even tried setting ports up with no luck (have had to set up port forwarding before for numerous computer games). I am running on XP SP3, and using a black version cart on a 3DS, if any of that matters, and all programs/firewalls off. I'm reasonably certain my ISP blocks the ports used since I time out testing them on external sites, but this shouldn't affect LAN connections. And, as I said, I can send files with IR, it just doesn't have the features and ease-of-use and visual appeal of Shiny GTS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Was using python 2.6, tried 2.7, same error.

The easiest way to do it is to set your DNS IP on the DS to the IP address of your computer. Then, on your computer, where Shiny GTS has the DNS IP, put the local IP of the computer [NOT 127.0.0.1]

For example, on my local server, the IP of my computer is 10.0.0.2; so in Shiny GTS & my DS's Primary DNS IP, I would put 10.0.0.2 there. That 'should' work in theory. I'll have to test it myself and then code in the extra support for it to make it easier for people to use it.

Keep an eye out for a possible update soon.

K didn't realise I had to enter ip in Shiny, works fine now. I kept getting invalid ip errors when I let it try to find the ip. Thanks very much.

Also, just a note because I've seen people asking about this, and I know it's a completely different program, but those having issues with pokegen, note, it does not load all the data if you just double click a file, you have to have the program open already and hit load from the menu to get it to load all stats properly.

Hi there, if anyone can give me a good answer to this:

Since it says here you have "Gen V Support", is it possible to PokéTransfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5 using Shiny GTS, or other programs? If so can you give me the link to a tutorial please?

Hi there, if anyone can give me a good answer to this:

Since it says here you have "Gen V Support", is it possible to PokéTransfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5 using Shiny GTS, or other programs? If so can you give me the link to a tutorial please?

ShinyGTS does not have any migration control. You have to do that by hand. The support is sending Gen V files to Gen V games, sorry.

Hi formlesstree4, Do you have any plans on making release of this on MAC OSX? (just wondering) since l recently got a iMac and really interested in continue use this on my new computer.

You can PM me answer if you like.

Thanks

W-T

I'll check to see if the program is Mono compatible. Part of me feels it isn't, but if it is you should be able to run the current version on Mac OSX just fine.