Regarding Hatched Pokemon Trashbyte

xeomyr

after doing some research on the hatched pokemon's trashbyte in Diamond ..

i figure out that hatched pokemon has its own trashbyte string ^^

yeah, it's true ^^

at first , when it is an egg .. the trashbyte is the same as any of the wild pokemon,

but after it hatched, it had its own trashbyte xD

... and i also did some trashbyte research on "nickname rater"

and here is the results :

Pokemon's name Trashbyte

AFTER USING NICKNAME RATER(Max 10 letters)'pokemon must be nicknamed'<hex 0x4C - 0x5D>

03 00 (02-04) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

HATCHED POKEMON'nicknamed or original name',nicknamed w/o 'nickname rater' <start from +0Bh trashbyte on pokesav, or hex 0x52 - 0x5D>

37 02 08 40 19 C0 C8 50 0D 02 28 3B

wild/pokeradar/hatched/pal park poke trashbyte input steps: (using pokesav)

1. put the pal park trashbyte string/hatched pokemon trashbyte string

2. put the original pokemon name first (starting from the first evo to the last evo)

3. tick nickname

4. change the name (max 10 letters)

Note:

*if you use nickname rater, it will overwrite all of the old trashbyte value with its new value

*For Wild/Pokeradar/honey tree pokemon , the values after terminator FF are 00

*If you nicknamed the pokemon using 10 letters, there will be no trashbyte to be checked

*'egg' pokemon trashbyte is the same as wild pokemon, but when it hatches, it has different trashbyte string.

*For OT name , after the terminator FF , the values are all 00 (for hatched, wild, pokeradar,honey tree), for Palpark pokemon; see damio's guide in wiki about trashbyte ^^

I hope this will help you all ^^

Well, so we're going good when we make a legal hatched pokemon and nickname (with 10 or less letters)/renickname back to its original name at Eterna City from the nickname rater, no :D ? Or have we to do any other thing when we nick/renick them ? Don't let us some doubt lol :D

Edited by Gold88

Well, so we're going good when we make a legal hatched pokemon and nickname (with 10 or less letters)/renickname back to its original name at Eterna City from the nickname rater, no :D ? Or have we to do any other thing when we nick/renick them ? Don't let us some doubt lol :D

first, it is possbile to renickname the pokemon into the "original" name??

coz' what i know is that ... if you have already give your pokemon a nickname, then the "nickname" option in pokesav is always ticked , right??

even if you nickname it back to the original name, using nickname rater, when it evolve, it will say the old name right ,

for example i give GIBLE with nickname "GIBLE" too, so when it evolves the name's also "GIBLE", no??

and also from what i do ... i figure out that .. it's not possible for pokemon with original name after it hatched to have trashbyte value after the separator "FF" all 00

I dunno why all of the hatched pokemon pass GTS , without proper trashbyte , maybe they don't check it o_0 ...

but if u want your pokemon really2 looks legal like the legit one, than there are several ways...

one of the way is to give your hatched pokemon's name with 10 letters , somethin like 'FROSTGUARD' ...

second, give your hatched pokemon a nickname (up to you) and after the separator you should put all 00 (if your pokemon's name is more than 3 letters) , so it will look like it is nicknamed using 'nickname rater' or follow my trashbyte string for hatched pokemon ^^

and the last , for hatched pokemon (pure after it hatched) with original name like "PICHU" whatsoever ... you should put the trashbyte string for hatched pokemon ^^

Really? So than, what trash bytes would make my hatched Pokémon legal? Or is it still impossible to check the legality of an egg.

the best way is to make the pokemon (any hatched pokemon that you make in pokesav) come from egg (tick the egg option in pokesav) and hatched it in game ... i believe that will fix the trashbyte .. once and for all xD

or just make an egg pokemon and hatch it in game .. and the problem solved xD

::: to give you more detailed explanation , i will take a screenpics of the trashbyte ... ^^

but i can't give you the PKM because it contains my SID and ID ...

unless i change the SID and ID .. and it will be legal, not legit >_< ... and it's worthless if it is not legit xD:::

Something is unclear, if i make an hatched pokemon (a lvl 100 pokemon fully evolved) and renick it to the nickname rater with a 2-3-4 or 7 letters nick, like AAAAA, and then i renick it to is species name, what happen to its trash bytes ? Will be they correct/fixed like till now has been said on this site ?

here is the example... I am using NATU here ... and I nicknamed it N after it hatches

Untitled-1-3.jpg

u can see that

38 01 FF FF

is the nickname of the pokemon , in this case , it's N

3E 01 3F 01 FF FF is the trashbyte that was left by the original name NATU

and the rest of them after FF is the trashbyte string for pure hatched pokemon ^^

-----------------------------------------

and for your (gold88) case .. let's see

The example is bulbasaur-->ivysaur-->venusaur , and it is hatched pokemon with 'original name'

so we see the trashbyte here ... (just select any pokemon you want and see the trashbyte)

1. BULBASAUR

2C 01 3F 01 36 01 2C 01 2B 01 3D 01

2B 01 3F 01 3C 01 FF FF 00 00

2. IVYSAUR

33 01 40 01 43 01 3D 01 2B 01 3F 01

3C 01 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00

3. VENUSAUR

40 01 2F 01 38 01 3F 01 3D 01 2B 01

3F 01 3C 01 FF FF 00 00 00 00

*and when your pokemon(BULBASAUR) hatches from egg, it should be like this

2C 01 3F 01 36 01 2C 01 2B 01 3D 01

2B 01 3F 01 3C 01 FF FF 28 3B

(00 after the separator were replaced by the hatched pokemon's trashbyte string)

*when it evolves to IVYSAUR , it become like this

33 01 40 01 43 01 3D 01 2B 01 3F 01

3C 01 FF FF 3C 01 FF FF 28 3B

(3C 01 FF FF ) is what was left by BULBASAUR's name

*when it evolves to VENUSAUR, it become like this

3F 01 3C 01 FF FF FF FF 28 3B

that's why the pal park pokemon's trashbyte is invalid after they evolve ^^

if after it become VENUSAUR, you give a nickname to your pokemon using nickname rater ... somthin like ABCDEFG

it will be like this

2B 01 2C 01 2D 01 2E 01 2F 01 30 01

31 01 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00

why???

because if you use the nickname rater's service, the trashbyte will be reset and it will use the string that i mention above, in the first post ^^

Edited by xeomyr
grammar correction XD

These are the trash bytes of my legal hatched Venusaur made with pokesav :

I haven't nicknamed/renicknamed it yet. Since i use AR codes to come up the pokemon in game i don't know how will be the trash bytes after i've nicked/renicked back it... What happens :) ?

put (FF FF 28 3B) .. in 00 00 00 00 .. and it will completely legal like the "legit" one

I haven't nicknamed/renicknamed it yet. Since i use AR codes to come up the pokemon in game i don't know how will be the trash bytes after i've nicked/renicked back it... What happens :) ?

if after it become VENUSAUR, you give a nickname to your pokemon using nickname rater ... somthin like ABCDEFG

it will be like this

2B 01 2C 01 2D 01 2E 01 2F 01 30 01

31 01 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00

why???

because if you use the nickname rater's service, the trashbyte will be reset and it will use the string that i mention above, in the first post ^^

but then again ... i don't know why nintendo doesn't check this trashbyte thing for hatched pokemon in the GTS or (maybe) PBR ...

maybe it's not that important xD ...

(but it's interesting to know how the game put the trashbyte xD,,,, for me xD XD)

Nice, but what happen when i renick it as Venusaur :D ? Will the trash bytes be

3F 01 3C 01 FF FF FF FF 28 3B

or

or whatever :D ?

I'm worred because i've made about 40 legal pokemon, all nicknamed and then renicknamed as original at nickname rater, passed on GTS to erase the pokesav traces etc, so i don't know if i've to delete them and make again :(

Guess it's the same problem of all people have made legal hatched till now wihout know well this method :D

if u renick it into venusaur .. , using 'nickname rater' then

it will just be like you post ^^ but with nickname option is ticked ^^

which mean , your pokemon doesn't have the "original" name , but you "fake" it so it will be like the original name by inputting the "original name" xD

LoL cool, and this explain the reason why GTS, PBR, VS Recorder and Nintendo Tourneys don't check, or can't check, them. They appears as a normal nicknamed pokemon, but with their original nicknames. So we don't have the legality problem, and trash bytes are fixed, or faked if we want be precise :).

Thx for the explanation :D

Guess this thread must be sticked up ;)