Pokemon Soul Silver Plus

RyouChan

What should Whitney's 5th Pokemon be?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should Whitney's 5th Pokemon be?

• Wigglytuff
    • Chansey
    • Delcatty
    • Lopunny
    • Other (Post)

Wilds have been edited up to the same point and so far version exclusives have been eliminated.

So, despite this being based on Soul Silver, the Heart Gold exclusives, Mankey, Growlithe, Spinarak, Mantine, and Phanphy have been re-added so far. I have a checklist somewhere.

All routes are more varied to eventually allow all 493 to fit. As an example, here's the current incarnation of route 31 in the latest patch (which I am going to put up right now because a lot has been done since the patch that's up here)

Grass (Morning): Ledyba (20%), Weedle (20%), Caterpie (20%), Bellsprout (20%), Sunkern (5%), Budew (5%), Azurill (4%), Poliwag (4%), Seedot (1%), Lotad (1%)

Grass (Day): Pidgey (20%), Weedle (20%), Caterpie (20%), Bellsprout (20%), Sunkern (5%), Budew (5%), Azurill (4%), Poliwag (4%), Seedot (1%), Lotad (1%)

Grass (Night): Spinarak (20%), Hoothoot (20%), Rattata (20%), Bellsprout (20%), Oddish (5%), Poochyena (5%), Azurill (4%), Poliwag (4%), Seedot (1%), Lotad (1%)

VS what it was in Soul Silver originally..

Morning: Weedle (30%), Ledyba (30%), Bellsprout (20%), Kakuna (10%), Pidgey (10%)

Day: Weedle (35%), Pidgey (30%), Bellsprout (20%), Kakuna (15%)

Night: Hoothoot (40%), Rattata (40%), Bellsprout (20%)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see you've finally updated this post. As its been a while, I ended up deleting my old save, so I had to restart and found the changes pleasing. However, I did find a few things still missing/unedited as I did a speed-run through what you've edited so far.

The rival(s): Levels scaled, same boring Pokemon as the original game. Applies for both Eusine and the main rival. They should really be changed, as knowing their Pokemon takes the lessens the challenge aspect of having a rivalry.

Bellsprout Tower: Nice changes on the minor battles, as well as a movepool addition for Bellsprout, though I was disappointed to find that the head elder used the same Pokemon as in the original.

The Lighthouse: You missed a few trainers: The Pidgey guy on the 3rd floor, both the sailor and the lass on the floor you jump off of, and the 2 sailors on the floor directly below Ampharos.

Cianwood Gym: As I slaughtered his unedited, underleveled underlings, I feared Chuck may let me down! Thankfully, that waterfall seems to have actually helped him (and his Poliwrath's move choice) put up a fight. All his other Pokemon had a lovely variety of moves as well, though it felt a bit too standard without his usual attempts at a tide-turning dynamic punch.

Jasime: I was ready for a legitly challenging fight with a variety of part-steel Pokemon and a well determined combination of movesets, AIs, and held items. Instead, I got 2 magnemites and a Steelix 10-15 levels below my own Pokemon. I guess you forgot to press that "Save" button, eh?

Story of a Glitch Upon receiving my Good Rod, I went west of the bar/diner to fish up a Pokemon. Eager to see what changes you've made to the fishing list, I quickly attempted to capture something, anything. My first prey readily jumped into combat. I theorized what it could be as the screen faded into the battle, hoping for a Krabby HM Slave. Oh, but how wrong I was...Never could I have expected this! It was....nothing? "A Wild ________________ has appeared!" Lvl0, Empty HP bar, and a few random black pixels near the top of the screen. I quickly ran from the battle, and saved, in fear that my game with freeze up, as I haven't saved since Bugsy. The mysterious nothingness wasn't found again, but I suspect a script error, a failure to render some specie of Pokemon, or a missing percentile in your encounter list (e.g. 80% Krabby,19% Magikarp; 1% nothingness)

What's meant by "Up to Olivine" in the current release is all of the routes until, actually. Sort of a "less than" vs "less than or equal to" thing. Anything past that I'd currently consider unfinished. I probably should have been more clear considering the "looping" nature of that area.. 39 - olivine - 40/41 - cianwood - 40/41 - olivine - lighthouse - jasmine etc but to be fairly honest I didn't think anyone was playing anymore because it's been so long!

My current edit has both Chuck and Jasmine (and routes 40-41) finished but is currently undergoing some testing to make sure they're a reasonable challenge and to make sure the levels are in the right place. I also have to wait to hear back from my partner on how his team did. The version of Chuck in current is sort of a beta release, I have him 1-2 levels higher with a few moveset changes. (Taunt + Sucker Punch Croagunk is infinitely cooler than Poison Jab Croagunk)

The Pidgey guy is also fixed. Not sure how he slipped through but my partner noticed him quickly on his playthrough.

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the rival yet as his Pokemon are sort of.. iconic. Sort of. Eusine is probably less so as he was only in Crystal and I don't think he has as much of a character as Silver. I don't know if I want to see random Hoenn etc Pokemon pop out when fighting Silver, one thing I've considered is keeping his overall roster but giving him his Pokemon sooner to fill in more slots. i.e. he could have Sneasel already in the burned tower and others (pre-evolved forms) to make a full team.

As a random sidenote, I'm currently researching overworld encounters as a method of providing missing legendaries instead of random encounters, but current tools leave a bit to be desired.

The next edit is not quite ready at this time and I'd like to test a little more before release.

As for the level 0, which route/area name exactly was that on? Doing a brief go-over of those routes I don't see any empty slots but maybe I need to open up the hex editor to double check. Editor does wonky things sometimes.

Edit: Also was it during the morning, day, or night?

The glitch occurred during night time. The red dot on the attached map shows the exact spot where the Lvl0 was fished up. Other than that, good luck with the further developments. You've got a long way to go for the rest of the game, so I hope you complete it before this game becomes outdated.

HGSS_Lower_Olivin&#.jpg

583dcf11510e8_HGSS_Lower_Olivin.jpg.60c1

Thanks. I'll try and take a look at the encounters file tonight after microbiology final.

I'm not TOO worried about gen 5 taking over completely yet.. I still see generation 3 hacks!

Though one good thing is that by the time this is finished, Black and White hacking tools will probably be far more advanced than they are right now and I'll be able to hop right into the next project.

Some Kanto gym teams are already preliminarily drawn up, and Kanto will probably be much faster than Johto due to its non-linear nature.

To keep my partner and I interested we tend to switch up what we're working on from day-to-day, moves, Pokemon, routes, trainers, gyms, research (hex, scripting) so progress is, as always, plodding along at a steady pace. The alternative would probably be getting bored... In addition, we are simultaneously testing with two teams- Mine is a team of 4 Pokemon so they tend to be leveling too much, and his is a standard team of 6, so we're busy going through areas and balancing levels to be not far above his team and the same or not far below my team, you know, for balance reasons.

Of course the long hiatus didn't help. I'm hoping that doesn't need to happen again, even though I may be moving soon for reasons of family issues (divorce) and not sure where I'm going to end up. But if I'm hex editing at school, so be it, hm?

I've really been enjoying playing the game myself, too. Sometimes it's hard to stop playing it and go back to editing it. xD

Anyways I'm glad you're still around. Your feedback has been especially useful in many ways.

The current patch you have up [10b patch] on the first post does NOT include anti-piracy, so, to anyone using a flashcard that's getting a black screen, etc: apply this hack's patch to a piracy-patched ROM, instead of a clean ROM.

Incase you don't have the anti-piracy patch, I've attached it to this post for your convenience.

PkmnHGSS AntiPira&#9.rar

PkmnHGSS AntiPira .rar

I'm using the above patch by Sograd and have been having problems with black screens. When the game shifts scenes and goes black it will occasionally stay in the black screen. I've clocked in approximately 5 hours on a new playthrough and have had it black out on me frequent enough to be bothersome. I also had the first trainer i fought freeze on me, I haven't had it freeze since so I'm assuming it was just bad luck. I hope i explained well enough, I'm trying to help with debugging best i can. I'm using DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86. As far as the patch itself I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm using the above patch by Sograd and have been having problems with black screens. When the game shifts scenes and goes black it will occasionally stay in the black screen. I've clocked in approximately 5 hours on a new playthrough and have had it black out on me frequent enough to be bothersome. I also had the first trainer i fought freeze on me, I haven't had it freeze since so I'm assuming it was just bad luck. I hope i explained well enough, I'm trying to help with debugging best i can. I'm using DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86. As far as the patch itself I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Ah, sorry for any issues I caused. The patch I posted above was intended for those who NDS flashcards, such as R4, R4 clones, SuperCard, Cyclone, etc. I don't use emulators personally, but the next update should fix any freezing/blackscreen errors if Ryouchan uploads the AP patched version. Just be sure to use a trusted clean rom when patching, to avoid complications and whatnot.

This one should have it. Used Sogard's instead of the one I had before. Reuploaded.

Also I have played it quite a bit on Desmume without actually needing an AP patch - But it might be because my play on emulators tends to be short bursts (reloading the same save state for only about 30 seconds at a time) that I haven't run into any freezes with it.

Random preview - Solrock and Lunatone

Solrock

- Tackle

- Harden

- Rock Throw

9 Light Screen

12 Will-O-Wisp

17 Flame Wheel

20 Rock Polish

25 Rollout

31 Sunny Day

34 Cosmic Power

38 Morning Sun

42 Heal Block

45 Rock Slide

48 Psycho Cut

53 Earthquake

56 Explosion

60 Flare Blitz*

*Decided on this over Overheat because Solrock is physically based.

Lunatone

- Tackle

- Harden

- Confusion

9 Reflect

12 Hypnosis

17 Icy Wind

20 Rock Polish

25 Psybeam

31 Trick Room

34 Cosmic Power

38 Moonlight

42 Heal Block

45 Psychic

48 Power Gem

53 Ice Beam

56 Explosion

60 Sheer Cold*

*Note that Sheer Cold is now the equivalent of Overheat except Ice typed.

As a sidenote Lunatone is an interesting Pokemon, being a rock type that could learn both Blizzard and Ice Beam via TM. It's cold on the moon.

Probably gonna make Lunatone slower to take advantage of trick room and give slight buffs to both.

Each one has the screen that matches the WEAKER of their defensive stats, Solrock has low special defense but can Light Screen, Lunatone has low physical defense but can Reflect. Solrock is the sun and it makes its own screen of light but Lunatone, being the moon, only reflects light. Strange how much random sense that makes.