Pokemon Soul Silver Plus

RyouChan

What should Whitney's 5th Pokemon be?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should Whitney's 5th Pokemon be?

• Wigglytuff
    • Chansey
    • Delcatty
    • Lopunny
    • Other (Post)

Unoriginal name is unoriginal.

Anyways, this is just my personal Soul Silver edit which I made to be an enjoyable solo play game for myself.

ss.png

Design goals:

dpiconani152.gif To make a hack that doesn't feel too much like a hack. I don't want legendaries thrown at me on route 29 or anything like that.

dpiconani155.gif To make Pokemon movepools more optimal for the first playthrough. This means moving egg moves or tutor moves that would generally only be obtained after the first playthrough into the base movepool.

dpiconani158.gif To make all 493 Pokemon obtainable without trading. This means editing all trade evolutions.

dpiconani251.gif To introduce a level of difficulty harder than the original. Trainers have more custom moves, AI levels are higher in some places, levels scale up faster, and gym leaders and the Team Rocket executives should feel like boss fights. Starter Pokemon evolve later than they did, but they also learn better coverage moves than before.

dpiconani196.gif To be more friendly towards monotype teams by varying Pokemon available much more.

dpiconani197.gif To buff some of the less usable Pokemon. This needs to be done to make up for the increased difficulty, otherwise some total losers like Ledian would go from "pretty bad" to "would be a liability to have on any team."

dpiconani249.gif To add more depth to some aspects of the game, like having more trainers able to use items on their Pokemon (either healing items, buff items like X-Attack, or status healing items) or having more Pokemon that you fight hold items that make the battles more interesting. More Pokemon will be found with items in the wild, and more total types of Pokemon will be found in each route.

dpiconani250.gif To still feel like we're in Johto. Though non-Johto Pokemon appear in basically every route, they are more uncommon than the Kanto and Johto generation Pokemon.

dpiconani202.gif To make some moves, such as OHKO moves or Hyper Beam type moves into more useful and varied moves. For example, Sheer Cold is an Ice-type version of the Overheat/Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm archetype. Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon are now 100 base power 100 accuracy moves, giving starter Pokemon clear cut upgrades from your usual Flamethrower, Surf, and Energy Ball without losing accuracy.

Evolution Changes!

Generation I

Bulbasaur -(Lv.24)-> Ivysaur -(Lv.42)-> Venusaur

Charmander -(Lv.24)-> Charmeleon -(Lv.42)-> Charizard*

Squirtle -(Lv.24)-> Wartortle -(Lv.42)-> Blastoise

Caterpie -(Lv.10)-> Metapod -(Lv.16)-> Butterfree**

Weedle -(Lv.10)-> Kakuna -(Lv.16)-> Beedrill**

Poliwag -(Lv.25)-> Poliwhirl -(Level Up holding Kings' Rock)-> Politoed

Abra -(Lv.16)-> Kadabra -(Lv.40)-> Alakazam

Machop -(Lv.28)-> Machoke -(Lv.40)-> Machamp

Geodude -(Lv.25)-> Graveler -(Lv.40)-> Golem

Slowpoke -(Level Up holding Kings' Rock)-> Slowking

Gastly -(Lv.25)-> Haunter -(Lv.40)-> Gengar

Onix -(Level Up holding Metal Coat)-> Steelix

Horsea -(Lv.32)-> Seadra -(Level Up holding Dragon Scale)-> Kingdra

Scyther -(Level Up holding Metal Coat)-> Scizor

Electabuzz -(Level Up holding Electrizer)-> Electivire

Magmar -(Level Up holding Magmarizer)-> Magmortar

Eevee -(Moon Stone)-> Glaceon

Eevee -(Sun Stone)-> Leafeon

Porygon -(Level Up holding Up-Grade)-> Porygon2 -(Level Up holding Dubious Disc)-> Porygon-Z

Generation II

Chikorita -(Lv.24)-> Bayleef -(Lv.42)-> Meganium

Cyndaquil -(Lv. 24)-> Quilava -(Lv.42)-> Typhlosion

Totodile -(Lv.24)-> Croconaw -(Lv.42)-> Feraligatr

Sentret -(Lv.20)-> Furret

Hoothoot -(Lv.26)-> Noctowl***

Ledyba -(Lv.24)-> Ledian****

Spinarak -(Lv.27)-> Ariados****

Mareep -(Lv.20)-> Flaafy -(Lv.40)> Ampharos

Generation III

Treecko -(Lv.24)-> Grovyle -(Lv.42)-> Sceptile

Torchic -(Lv.24)-> Combusken -(Lv.42)-> Blaziken

Mudkip -(Lv.24)-> Marshtomp -(Lv.42)-> Swampert

Generation IV

Turtwig -(Lv.24)-> Grotle -(Lv.42)-> Torterra

Chimchar -(Lv.24)-> Monferno -(Lv.42)-> Infernape

Piplup -(Lv.24)-> Prinplup -(Lv.42)-> Empoleon

*Charizard is now Fire/Dragon

**Weedle/Caterpie have had an increase to stats and the ability to learn a few more moves, Kakuna and Metapod can learn more moves and have their pre-evolutions' attacking moves as base moves now. Butterfree and Beedrill have had a large increase to some base stats, and they evolve later to make up for that.

***Noctowl has been buffed and now actually has SpA. The movepool of both Hoothoot and Noctowl provides constant access to special Flying STAB, starting with Gust instead of Peck and moving from there.

****Ledian and Ariados have both had their base stats increased, especially Ledian. Ledian now actually has some SpA to speak of and isn't a total loser. Ariados is also now Bug/Dark and its movepool now reflects this, giving constant access to Dark STAB.

Underlined name = this Pokemon has had stats adjusted

--This is by no means guaranteed to be a complete list of changes, as I'm notoriously bad at documenting them. If I've missed anything and you notice it, please tell me--

New Alternate Abilities!

Generation I

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur - Overgrow OR Solar Power

Charmander/Charmelon/Charizard - Blaze OR Flash Fire (Flash Fire turns into Levitate on Charizard)

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise - Torrent OR Shell Armor

Rattata/Raticate - Gluttony OR Guts

Spearow/Fearow - Intimidate OR Keen Eye

Vulpix/Ninetales - Flash Fire OR Super Luck

Geodude/Graveler/Golem - Rock Head OR Solid Rock

Doduo/Dodrio - Tangled Feet OR Early Bird

Generation II

Sentret/Furret - Cute Charm OR Hustle

Ledyba/Ledian - Swarm OR Tinted Lens

Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos - Static OR Volt Absorb

Slowking - Magic Guard OR Own Tempo

Forretress- Heatproof and Sturdy

Generation III

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile - Overgrow OR Chlorophyll

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken - Blaze OR Guts

Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert - Torrent OR Water Absorb

Generation IV

Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra - Overgrow OR Solid Rock

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - Blaze ORIron Fist

Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon - Torrent OR Hydration

Bold name = new ability

Move Changes! - See https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqpA1wuA0-w6dDUtNzVNOWtfZVhSVjBXdm1tMTA2WVE&hl=en&authkey=CLDdv84P

Current Version: Beta v10

Edited Up To: Olivine & Cianwood city - Incl. Chuck and Jasmine

Tested on: SuperCard DS Two, DeSmuME v0.9.6, and No$gba 2.6 (PLEASE SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO MAKE IT WORK ON NO$GBA)

Tools used: PPRE(editing), xDelta GUI(patch creation), NitroExplorer(exchanging files), and Attack Editor DP(editing of move damage/typing/effects), thenewpoketext (text editing), and a plain old hex editor! (Misc. move editing that is not supported by attack editor DP, along with some other things)

The download includes a .PATCH patch and xDelta/xDelta GUI to patch with. It's the only type of patch I can offer at this time, but it's easy to use. ALL PATCHES INCLUDE THE AP PATCH. Because of this, do not use this patch on a ROM that is already AP patched as this may cause issues.

If you are playing on the computer, I strongly recommend DeSmuME as an emulator.

If you patched with a previous version, make sure you patch a new, clean ROM with the new version. Don't patch with (example) 6b and then patch the same ROM with 7b.

No$gba users:

Fixes for some problems.

Problem: Crashes on startup with an error message saying to reinsert the DS Cartridge

Fix: Open Emulation Setup under Options and set NDS Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512KBytes.

Problem: Distorted 3d models

Fix: Open Emulation Setup under Options and try setting the 3d Renderer to "opengl" instead of nocash. This fixed the graphics issues that I saw with it.

Problem: Crashes either right after character creation or randomly during gameplay.

Fix: Enter this code 020DE16C E1A00000 as an Action Replay code under cheats and keep it activated during gameplay. This also fixes crashes with unedited versions of HG or SS in case you were curious.

Changelog

Patch 10b

+Chuck and Jasmine now have upgraded teams!

+Trainers in routes 40 and 41 have had some adjustments.

+Level up move glitches with certain

+From now on, all patches released will include AP. Do not patch from a ROM that is already AP-patched, please use your clean dump. :)

KNOWN BUGS - CURRENT AS OF 5/17

-thanks to all who report bugs and glitches, feel free to PM me or post any problems encountered along with exactly where it happened and what is needed to reproduce the bug-

+ Level 0 / 000 Pokemon have been sighted while fishing. These should not harm your game save if you see one and they seem to be rare.

+Bounce can cause graphical glitches when used as the last Pokemon alive or the only Pokemon in the party. This is due to the animation not meshing well with the new effect of Bounce. This glitch is strictly graphical and even if the Pokemon "disappears" it is still attackable and can still use moves normally.

+Some level up movesets were corrupted in patch 9b, but any version past that will have the issue fixed.

Celebi.png

spheal.png

Soul Silver Plus .rar

Celebi.png.107eccf0f05dc2286f11df7a49f1d

spheal.png.9dc7381e6154e4e138ad91f0d6d74

Soul Silver Plus .rar

Edited by RyouChan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no$gba, I believe it's v2.6a.

EDIT: v2.6 not 2.6a.

K I have it downloaded and I got the same thing as you on no$gba 2.6. I'm going to try and fiddle with it a bit and figure out the settings needed to make it work. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Edit: The following should make it work correctly:

-Open Emulation Setup under Options and make sure NDS Cartridge Backup Media is set to FLASH 512KBytes and that the 3D Renderer setting is set to opengl (I had some distorted 3D rendering before changing it). Opengl breaks the lugia animation a bit for me and it looks like the screenshot you posted, but the rest of the game seems to look much better with it on (you're probably already using it judging from the screenshot).

-Add this under cheats: 020DE16C E1A00000

As an Action Replay code. (This is the same AR code that fixes the crashes with the unedited version and I guess it works here too!) and that will keep it from crashing after the character select/naming process.

I'll add this to the OP for others using nocash with it. :)

I was aware of that code, but i was kinda hoping for a fix within the rom, because you have to activate it every time you start the emulator.

Unfortunately I don't really have the expertise to do that. (I'm generally the guy waiting for AP patches with everyone else x.o). I'm pretty sure the clean HGSS + AP patch still requires it, and for some reason it's only on no$gba. I'll definitely update if I find an easy way to deal with it but it's sort of outside of my realm so to speak, at least for the time. ):

you should try making a few more type changes like making the starly line and elekid lines part fighting and making the shinx line part dark and yanmega part dragon.

Definitely not done with type edits yet. I really like the idea of dark type Shinx line, since dual stab is rare among electric types and since Luxray is slower than most of the other decent electrics that might be a nice advantage for it. That may be in the next update (which should be tonight or tomorrow). I'd also like to spread the dragon type around a bit but I'm being careful to only apply it to things that really seem obviously "dragon-y" to me.

I'd also like to spread the dragon type around a bit but I'm being careful to only apply it to things that really seem obviously "dragon-y" to me.

Charizard, Gyarados, aerodactyl and yanmega seem like great candidates, IMO. And to a lesser extent Feraligatr and Sceptile could count too (seeing as they learn outrage). With charizard and aero, you'll probably want to give them levitate, though. Same could be said for yanmega; alas speed boost is quite the handy ability.

Aside from that, it doesn't look too bad. I might give it a play sometime.

For the patch problem, couldn't you just AP patch a rom, and work on the patched rom? Then when you make the new patch it'd have the AP patch and your patch all rolled into one. I'm not sure if it works like that, but it's something I'd have tried.

Charizard, Gyarados, aerodactyl and yanmega seem like great candidates, IMO. And to a lesser extent Feraligatr and Sceptile could count too (seeing as they learn outrage). With charizard and aero, you'll probably want to give them levitate, though. Same could be said for yanmega; alas speed boost is quite the handy ability.

Aside from that, it doesn't look too bad. I might give it a play sometime.

For the patch problem, couldn't you just AP patch a rom, and work on the patched rom? Then when you make the new patch it'd have the AP patch and your patch all rolled into one. I'm not sure if it works like that, but it's something I'd have tried.

I have both a patched and unpatched ROM available, the issue is that apparently No$gba sort of.. doesn't feel like working without the AR code regardless of whether it's AP patched or not, and that seems to be the case with both the clean and edited ROMs I've got. A bit annoying to say the least.

And you're actually right, it does sort of "work like that." If I make my base edits off of a patched ROM, basically any patches I make from that will be "AP patched."

What I do is keep a patched ROM around and apply the patch to that after I make it, and since the patch only includes parts that were edited between the clean and edited ROM, it doesn't overwrite or disturb the AP patch. I then just shove it back into xDelta and hooray, AP patch patched.. patch.

It's not too much extra effort and it suits my strange need to use AP patched ROMs only on things that actually need it to work. I guess it's an OCD thing. I have my "supercard ROMs" all unpatched and my "DeSmuME ROMs" all patched. I keep my DVDs at home in alphabetical order and arrange cereal boxes by color.

I thought about it with Sceptile, he's sort of on the outer edge, but since grass types in general usually get so little type coverage ingame I think making dragon his main attacking type would have good results. Yanmega would probably be happy to trade the ground immunity for not being quite 4x weak to rock anymore, since bug/dragon would take 50% damage from ground as it is. You're right that speed boost is probably just too good to want to give up, and even the alternate ability, Tinted Lens, is really nice.

Aerodactyl is a pretty good idea too. I'd definitely want to replace an ability with Levitate, and I'd have Pressure or Rock Head to choose from. I'd probably remove Rock Head since he doesn't really get any good recoil moves (no Head Smash) but really I don't think anyone would cry over Pressure since ingame PP stalls are pretty rare.

Feraligatr is, honestly, totally a dragon in my eyes, but I feel like he's already the easiest starter to roll through with and I'm so not trying to buff him currently, ha. Gyarados is sort of in the same area, but definitely more likely than Feraligatr given that you have to babysit Magikarp to get it, kind of torn on him. If he doesn't get a dragon subtype he's definitely getting some more access to flying STAB. I never figured out why he can't learn Aerial Ace when blatantly not-flying things like Kangaskhan and even AGGRON get it. Bounce is also probably going to be higher than accuracy than it is now (the % paralyze would be adjusted to be about the same overall chance counting new miss chance).

Lugia is likely to be part dragon, though I'm not going to decide on it until I actually get to the Whirl Islands.

I was considering making Zangoose Normal/Fighting and Seviper Poison/Dark as well on a sort of unrelated note. Also Golduck needs its Psychic typing that it's been missing for way too long. Banette wants to be Dark/Ghost, but there's WAY more than that wrong with Banette.

Octillery is getting Sucker Punch because that's a great pun.

It's not too much extra effort and it suits my strange need to use AP patched ROMs only on things that actually need it to work. I guess it's an OCD thing. I have my "supercard ROMs" all unpatched and my "DeSmuME ROMs" all patched. I keep my DVDs at home in alphabetical order and arrange cereal boxes by color.

I can't have doors open and I get annoyed by digitally un-rounded numbers.

Feraligatr is, honestly, totally a dragon in my eyes, but I feel like he's already the easiest starter to roll through with and I'm so not trying to buff him currently, ha. Gyarados is sort of in the same area, but definitely more likely than Feraligatr given that you have to babysit Magikarp to get it, kind of torn on him. If he doesn't get a dragon subtype he's definitely getting some more access to flying STAB. I never figured out why he can't learn Aerial Ace when blatantly not-flying things like Kangaskhan and even AGGRON get it. Bounce is also probably going to be higher than accuracy than it is now (the % paralyze would be adjusted to be about the same overall chance counting new miss chance).

I can see what you mean. You don't want folk tearing through the game. And similarly, you don't want Lance's Gyarados killing the hell out of everyone, lol.

Lugia is likely to be part dragon, though I'm not going to decide on it until I actually get to the Whirl Islands.

Ew, kinda trolls on Ho-Oh :/.

I was considering making Zangoose Normal/Fighting and Seviper Poison/Dark as well on a sort of unrelated note.

Cool idea

Also Golduck needs its Psychic typing that it's been missing for way too long.

I love you

Banette wants to be Dark/Ghost, but there's WAY more than that wrong with Banette.

Dark/Ghost + Trick room... Should be pretty awesome :P

Octillery is getting Sucker Punch because that's a great pun.

Lord knows he needs it... What about Aqua Jet?

Indeed, on Ho-Oh vs Lugia. This is one of the few times I wish there was a "Light" type around just to toss on Ho-Oh here. If only Fire/Flying wasn't such bad typing, with half redundant coverage and 4x rock weak. Ho-Oh does have some psychic moves but he doesn't feel too much like a psychic type (I mean, he's not even pink or purple!!). On the other hand, the Psychic type is "Esper" type in Japanese and is used to refer to anything or anyone that has supernatural powers which Ho-Oh would fit into (and so would technically any legendary in any game ever) so I could see presenting him as Fire/Psychic, which would actually be a unique type since Victini does not exist yet. Ho-Oh does seem to have a certain spirituality to it, especially with its residence at the top of the tower and the little plot loop with the kimono girls.

Another type I tossed around a bit for Lugia was Water/Psychic, since he obviously swims and does learn a variety of water attacks, but then, we already have a few of those now with Golduck finally (Golduck, Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie) and Psychic/Flying is at least unique at this time except for Lugia and Xatu.

Octillery and Remoraid will probably get their movesets completely looked over in the next patch or two, I've been a bit busy but doing a few per edit session and focusing on the ones that are available in the routes that are already done first.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/224.shtml

^From this, what we're probably looking at is Sucker Punch where Wring Out is, Octazooka moved up to Hyper Beam's area (It's actually going to get improved enough to be a worthy unique move and not just get replaced with Surf, which you'll have up until then) and its old slot replaced with Aqua Jet. I might throw Hyper Beam on at the end like 2 levels higher than it is right now so if people still actually want it they can get it, but it's not really anything I ever use. Gunk Shot will be dragged out of move tutor-only territory and put.. somewhere, but not sure where yet. Likely all levels will be rearranged in the process since there will be more total moves and I'm not a big fan of learning stuff at like.. level 80.

Unique/signature moves like Octazooka are all targets for move edits as well by the way. Octillery is the only natural learner of Octazooka and his pre-evo and the Kingdra line are the only others that get it, so it really should be decent enough to use over Surf and get seen a bit more.

Many of the more uncommon moves like Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Octazooka, Muddy Water, Rolling Kick, etc, should all be at least as good as the more common filler moves that would be there instead, encouraging Pokemon that can learn them to actually use them. Obviously where it comes in the movepool will be adjusted if it needs to be since I don't want to accidentally give something like a 120 bp STAB move at level 15 or anything.

Expect a new patch up sometime this Holiday weekend. I'm currently adjusting some levels of wilds before Whitney to make sure it's not too hard to grind your Pokemon up to the appropriate level.

Tedious =/= difficult, after all.

Once I've played through this stretch of the game a bit more you can expect to see Morty's team get fine-tuned and we'll start on things past that. Full moveset edits are still being done sporadically by Pokemon but if anyone can think of ones that specifically need it (NOT necessarily to make all moves more powerful, but to give better sources of STAB and make it more viable ingame coverage-wise) then PM me or post and let me know, since I'm currently prioritizing ones that are found early in the game.

For some move ideas.

Heracross - Roost - Fly. Simply because it SHOULD be able to do these.

Aipom/Ambipom - Mega punch. It has a big old hand on its tail.

Entei - Earthquake

Kingler - Water Fall/ Aqua Jet... something like that. Relying on the shaky Crab hammer isn't great, so an extra stab would be cool.

If possible, you could add some of the fth gen abilities to some of the legendaries. Particularly the roamers. Volt absorb, flash fire, water absorb for respective beasts, Ice Body, flame body, static for the respective birds. Yeah I know those aren't the DW abilities for the birds... But they should have been :P.

Pidgeot - Brave Bird (level up not Egg move) or AT LEAST Sky Attack.

Noctowl - Calm Mind

Gengar - Nasty Plot - He is the original Mischievous Planner after all. Though that might break the crap out of him so maybe not.

Kabutops/ Omastar - Earthquake - How they don't get that already is beyond me.

Dragonite - Air Slash. Give it Hydro Pump from breeding too so Salamence will stop laughing at it.

Eevee - Agility. It'd be interesting to see what some of the 'Eons could do with more speed. Glaceon and Flareon Spring to mind.

Dunsparce - Body Slam. Let's face it, if you're playing this on an Emu' then chances are you won't be able to get these 3rd gen event/tutor moves. So, to that end it might be a cool idea to give some folk Seismic Toss and such like.

Oh Pidgey - Peck

Feraligatr can Swords Dance, Dragon dance; Meganium can Swords Dance; Typhlosion can ... HOWL. Possibly make Swords dance available, or just SOMETHING. SD via breeding with Charizard? I dunno it needs something though. Maybe agility. On that note his SUPERAWESOMEZoR hidden move is Gyro ball. Give him Earthpower or something less trolling?

Flygon wants dragon dance... everyone of his dragon brethren are laughing at him :|.

Ampharos - Agility

Mightyena - Extreme speed, possibly from Arcanine?

I can't really think of much else. Just some ideas from what I'm going to include in my hack.

For some move ideas.

Heracross - Roost - Fly. Simply because it SHOULD be able to do these.

I'll look at these. More options for your flyer is always a good idea and frankly it does have a wing case and should have wings in there.

Aipom/Ambipom - Mega punch. It has a big old hand on its tail.

I see Mega Punch as one of those old nostalgic moves that was around basically everywhere in R/B/Y and then sort of started to disappear, along with Mega Kick. So the Mega Punch love is definitely going to be spread around a lot. This guy needs to be on my list of "things that can get Mega Punch" for sure.

Entei - Earthquake

And Flare Blitz! I believe I made Flareon get Earthquake too.

Kingler - Water Fall/ Aqua Jet... something like that. Relying on the shaky Crab hammer isn't great, so an extra stab would be cool.

Definitely getting the Waterfall HM and Crabhammer is likely to be changed to something like

New (Previous)

Base Power: 95 (90)

Accuracy: 90 (85)

May lower opponent's Defense, 15-20% chance (High critical hit ratio)

One of my major goals is to make sure that "unique"-ish moves like Crabhammer, Octazooka are useful, I mean, it should be a good move that you want to use over alternatives if you have access to it.

If possible, you could add some of the fth gen abilities to some of the legendaries. Particularly the roamers. Volt absorb, flash fire, water absorb for respective beasts, Ice Body, flame body, static for the respective birds. Yeah I know those aren't the DW abilities for the birds... But they should have been :P.

I'm not sure YET just because I am not sure if I am going to add other places to get the birds besides the roaming ones and I feel like it'd be sad since you can't reset for them for someone to get what they feel is the "crappy" ability, or to get the right nature and good IVs on something they can reset for but the "crappy" ability. Tentatively, I'd.. kind of like to give the birds the weather starting abilities. Snow Warning (Articuno), Drought (Moltres), and Drizzle (Zapdos). If I add abilities to legendaries they will likely be replacements for their current abilities instead of giving them two though, because of the one-shot thing. Legendaries that can be found in the wild (Celebi and some others) might have two. O:

Pidgeot - Brave Bird (level up not Egg move) or AT LEAST Sky Attack.

Noctowl - Calm Mind

I feel like you'll be extremely pleased with what I've done with the movepools for the Pidgey and Hoothoot lines. They've been more specialized in stats with Noctowl having good SpA and Pidgeot having nice Attack, and a lot of egg moves (Brave Bird, Steel Wing, and Pursuit) on the Pidgey line are all level up moves now. TM moves aren't shown, but Noctowl and Hoothoot can both now use TM04 Calm Mind. These might be slightly different than what is in the current live version as they're from my most current version.

Pidgeotmoves.png

Noctowlmoves.png

Gengar - Nasty Plot - He is the original Mischievous Planner after all. Though that might break the crap out of him so maybe not.

): Scary! Gengar is already so great. I do want to move some TMs into "learned" status for him though so he doesn't need so much TM babysitting. This is also a general goal for a lot of mons, since you only get one set of TMs and the hack is built around not having to trade and grind BP and all that. But TMs will usually allow the Pokemon to learn that move at a much earlier level.

Kabutops/ Omastar - Earthquake - How they don't get that already is beyond me.

Yeah, that's odd.

Dragonite - Air Slash. Give it Hydro Pump from breeding too so Salamence will stop laughing at it.

Dragonite should expect more consistent special STABs for both types in its movepool, and tutor moves to be moved into the base pool, AND he should expect to get Heal Bell back.

Eevee - Agility. It'd be interesting to see what some of the 'Eons could do with more speed. Glaceon and Flareon Spring to mind.

I also always found it strange that the only one that got it, Jolteon, was the one who needed it least. Most if not all Eevee evos should be able to get Agility and Wish in their movesets, and they'll probably also both be high level Eevee moves so you can delay evolution to get them on any that don't get it. I thought I'd already gotten through Eevee changes but now looking at it, it appears I reverted them after an earlier edit (probably because I broke something) so I have to do that again. x.x

Dunsparce - Body Slam. Let's face it, if you're playing this on an Emu' then chances are you won't be able to get these 3rd gen event/tutor moves. So, to that end it might be a cool idea to give some folk Seismic Toss and such like.

Good idea. I also heard a rumor that in the next patch, Dunsparce's second ability will be Adaptability instead of Run Away.

Oh Pidgey - Peck

Feraligatr can Swords Dance, Dragon dance; Meganium can Swords Dance; Typhlosion can ... HOWL. Possibly make Swords dance available, or just SOMETHING. SD via breeding with Charizard? I dunno it needs something though. Maybe agility. On that note his SUPERAWESOMEZoR hidden move is Gyro ball. Give him Earthpower or something less trolling?

I changed his hidden move to ThunderPunch a few edits ago and moved some fighting coverage into his moveset with Double Kick (early) and Reversal (later). He has Extrasensory as a level up move in the spot where Double-Edge used to be because I was never a fan of non-STAB double edge on everything, since Return with good happiness is almost as much damage with no recoil. I, like you, saw Gyro Ball and was like "wtf no." Earth Power also sounds like something he should be able to learn. I'm not sure where to put it right now though and I haven't tinkered with egg moves yet since they seem to be in a different place from TM and level moves. Oddly.

Flygon wants dragon dance... everyone of his dragon brethren are laughing at him :|.

He does. He also needs some of those ridiculously high level Trapinch moves (lol level 65 earth power) moved elsewhere. He only has 5 moves he learns after the Trapinch stage, and his learn pool is just.. shallow.

Ampharos - Agility

I'm not sure if I'm going to go the route of giving him more speed boosts or go the route of making him more bulky so that he can survive long enough to attack. His stats in the end will probably look like if you took Raikou and switched speed with Defense, albeit a little lower all around. He should be VERY very bulky and I'm hoping it's not going to be necessary to change him out of his "slow but bulky electric type" niche that he's had. I want the electric types to play differently, for it to feel different to play with Luxray vs Raichu vs Ampharos vs Magnezone, etc. It's a challenge to balance them well but I think it'll be rewarding. I mean, all playstyles don't need to be equally good, just like Furret doesn't need to be as good of a normal type as Arceus, but I mean, the "furrets" of the world should be at least playable.

Mightyena - Extreme speed, possibly from Arcanine?

Seems good. Also, why the hell doesn't he have Crunch except for from 3rd gen or as level 53 Poochyena? And all the fangs.. and sucker punch.. are egg moves? Yeah, he needs work.

I can't really think of much else. Just some ideas from what I'm going to include in my hack.

Thanks for the input, it was actually very useful for direction. ;)

I think what will be coming in the next patch are these:

Complete redesigns: Mareep line, Dunsparce, Sandshrew line, Eevee, probably look at headbutt Pokemon such as Aipom, Pineco, Heracross, and Venonat lines, since they are now available in the edited portion of the game.

Add more Pokemon who learn: Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Seismic Toss, Wish, Softboiled, Mimic, Tri-Attack, Metronome and other event/3rd gen moves.

As a cute sidenote, I've noticed that dialogue when trainers call you automatically updates to new Pokemon in the route. I got a call from one of the starting routes where there are rare Wurmple amongst the Caterpie and Weedle from a random trainer saying he'd failed to catch a Wurmple. For people curious about where to find what, it might be prudent to answer the phone, since apparently the NPCs know.

Ah it's nice to know we're on the same wave length ;)

I'm yet to play this, but rest assured when it's more finished I will definitely snag a play through with this.

If you are wanting to edit the egg moves I may be able to figure out how to if you'd like? I may learn how to do it just for the sheer heck of it.

Very happy that you are giving the birds some love too :). And with Mega punch, that should be Aipom's main freaking STAB, no? xD

Oh an extra thought. Anything with a horn should be able to utilise it right? Mega style.

EDIT: Don't you think 5 Pokémon is a bit much for the 2nd gym? She only had Nidorina, Clefairy and Miltank in the Animé.

Initially I thought I'd feel a little bad if she had less then I gave Bugsy is the main thing, but now that I'm trying her with four, I think she's more than enough of a huge pain in the butt without adding a 5th. I actually haven't beaten her yet on my team (lol x.x) but I haven't really been trying much, since I've been really busy with uni. I'm also training up an underleveled team member (Bulbasaur!) though, so that's probably part of what's holding me up right now. Gym leaders have pretty diverse moves, so you'll see things like random Aqua Tail on Furret, it makes it much more appealing to raise like 4-6 Pokemon to deal with varying coverages instead of just 2-3 like I might do in the normal game.

I want to at least play up the point I've edited to before I redesign any more gyms just to make sure they're appropriate level for around what my team ends up being when I get there, just to get an initial idea.

On egg moves,

I have a feeling no one's made an editor for egg moves yet, so it'd probably involve hex editing. If you figure anything out, even which file it's on, let me know though. Some Pokemon have a full learn list already so it'd be really helpful, since I'm trying not to remove too many moves. I'd rather add more, since with removal (except of blatantly useless things) I risk that for some reason, that move was someone's favorite move ever and the only reason they'd raise that Pokemon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :) Today in the hour and a half or so before we leave to go be with family, I figured I'd standardize Eeveelution movesets. So far it's gone like this:

Level 1/Move Tutor: Probably Baton Pass and Last Resort if Last Resort doesn't end up down there.

Level 6: Everyone gets Sand Attack

Level 10: Basic type-related move. (Confusion, Pursuit, Ember, Water Gun, Thundershock, Mega Drain, Powder Snow)

Level 17: Priority move, different ones for different Eevees: (Espeon and Umbreon: Vacuum Wave, Flareon, Leafeon and Jolteon: Quick Attack, Vaporeon: Aqua Jet, Glaceon: Ice Shard)

Level 22: Upgrade to type-related move (Psybeam, Faint Attack, Flame Wheel, Bubblebeam, Shock Wave, Razor Leaf, Icy Wind)

Level 28: Wish. All get wish.

Level 33: Coverage move, adding another attacking type. (Espeon and Jolteon: Silver Wind, no more dumb pin missile for Jolteon, Umbreon: Ominous Wind, Flareon: Ancientpower, Vaporeon: Aurora Beam, Leafeon: Magnitude, Glaceon: Mud Bomb) I wanted to give Leafeon a Ground-type option that wasn't Dig, and him and Flareon will both be able to learn the Earthquake TM.

Level 40: Stat-Up move. (Leafeon and Glaceon: Agility, Jolteon: Double Team, Vaporeon: Acid Armor, Flareon: Bulk Up, Umbreon: Curse, Espeon: Calm Mind)

AND

Level 40: Utility move(Both moves will be learned one after the other): (Leafeon: Sleep Powder, Glaceon: Hail, Jolteon: Fake Tears, Vaporeon: Aqua Ring, Flareon: Will-O-Wisp, Umbreon: Moonlight, Espeon: Morning Sun)

Level 48: Solid Attacking move: Psychic, Night Slash, Flamethrower, Muddy Water, Discharge, Leaf Blade, Ice Beam

Level 52: Powerful/Low Accuracy or Powerful/Recoil move (same type OR coverage, depending): (Umbreon and Espeon: Focus Blast, Flareon: Flare Blitz, Vaporeon: Hydro Pump, Jolteon: Thunder, Leafeon: Stone Edge, Glaceon: Blizzard)

Level 58: Save-a-TM move or adding coverage move: Espeon: Shadow Ball, Umbreon: Psychic, Flareon: Earthquake, Vaporeon: Signal Beam, Jolteon: Energy Ball, Leafeon: X-Scissor, Glaceon: Earth Power. Jolteon can now get grass coverage without breeding for Hidden Power.

Level 63: Not sure. Maybe Last Resort, though I never liked that move. It has a 3 turn charge up unless you run around with no other moves. This might just be a misc slot for egg moves and tutor stuff and anything that got omitted that needs to be there. Leafeon should get Swords Dance here.

eeveelutions.png

Edited by RyouChan

After happening upon this thread, I shoved this hacked version on my R4 SDHC (confirmed functionality, yay!) and started playing today. Its amazingly fun!

A one minor change I'd like to see though: Perhaps Spinarak/Ariados should have the ability Immunity. I find it a tad strange that a poisonous spider (and formerly poison type) Pokemon can get poisoned, and is weak to other bug-type attacks. Perhaps cancel dark-type weakness to bug as well? I never logically understood it anyhow.

I very much enjoy the new base stats/move sets. They make the game more challenging, fun, and interesting. A normally weak weedle nearly KO'd my Spinarak in one 5-hit Pin missile, I was both shocked and pleased. In addition to Spinarak's ( unfortunately non-SATB) Poison Fang, Chikorita's Mega Drain was a welcomed alteration as well.

I'm looking forward to future update and progress. I hope your determination doesn't waver like so many other game hacks full of potential. I'm also hoping for a Pokemon League that lives up to its fearsome reputation. I haven't been even slightly challenged by them since I first played Pokemon Red/Blue many years ago. Best of luck with the remainder of the hack. I'll be rooting for you!

After happening upon this thread, I shoved this hacked version on my R4 SDHC (confirmed functionality, yay!) and started playing today. Its amazingly fun!

A one minor change I'd like to see though: Perhaps Spinarak/Ariados should have the ability Immunity. I find it a tad strange that a poisonous spider (and formerly poison type) Pokemon can get poisoned, and is weak to other bug-type attacks. Perhaps cancel dark-type weakness to bug as well? I never logically understood it anyhow.

I very much enjoy the new base stats/move sets. They make the game more challenging, fun, and interesting. A normally weak weedle nearly KO'd my Spinarak in one 5-hit Pin missile, I was both shocked and pleased. In addition to Spinarak's ( unfortunately non-SATB) Poison Fang, Chikorita's Mega Drain was a welcomed alteration as well.

Starting with Chikorita, someone really wants a challenge! I like draining moves when they're available because they cut down slightly on the amount of running to the Pokemon Center you gotta do when you're crossing a route.

I'm looking forward to future update and progress. I hope your determination doesn't waver like so many other game hacks full of potential. I'm also hoping for a Pokemon League that lives up to its fearsome reputation. I haven't been even slightly challenged by them since I first played Pokemon Red/Blue many years ago. Best of luck with the remainder of the hack. I'll be rooting for you!

Now that you mention it, Immunity might be a decent alternative over Swarm, since being a slow Pokemon, Ariados doesn't usually get the chance to use its boost from that very often, since if it's under 1/3 health it's usually dead. Then you'd have Immunity and Insomnia to choose from, basically a "choose-what-you-want-to-be-immune-to."

Ah, and if this gets edited in the next patch and yours has Swarm, it will not automatically update unless you evolve him, but this version of HGSS makes saves that work just fine with Pokesav or whatever other save editor you might have access to, so it's possible to change it yourself (or I mean, you could send it to me and I'd fix it if you don't have anything like that).

I haven't mucked around in the type table yet, but I think something I'd be likely to do is make Bug resist itself, so that anything that's Bug/? would be at least neutral to bug even if the other type was weak to it. I'm not sure if there are major ramifications to having Bug/Flying 4x resist bug, but I doubt it since even on Bug Pokemon, but isn't generally the main attacking type. Then I suppose Bugsy would be annoying for anything that ONLY had Bug attacks, but I guess most bugs have multiple decent types..

I think the rationale for bug being good against Dark and Psychic is that maybe psychic/otherworldly powers don't work on bugs because they hardly have brains to control in the first place? They're sort of automatic. But I have no idea.

Poison fang was going to be one of his STAB moves, but it actually was allowed to be moved further up the tree and be gotten at a lower level now because it's not. But if you're raising one, don't worry, he should get Pursuit soon. At level 12, I believe. Those first few routes are killer, haha. I made the encounter rate lower, but the Pokemon better, so that it'd be less overall getting assaulted by things, but each battle would feel more significant.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm trying to keep up progress even now when I've been pretty busy in hopes that I won't burn out like indeed I've seen many do.

Keep me posted on your progress, too! I'd be curious to know about what levels and which Pokemon are on your team when you beat gyms, since I'm basing their levels on about where I was on my playthrough and of course everyone's will be different. Trying to make sure the few routes before each offer suitable grinding material for teams that are behind. I'm also debating switching one of Falkner's birds to a Wingull that uses primarily water attacks, both to mess with Cyndaquil and to give Chikorita something to DO on that fight besides be a cheerleader. Let me know what you think when you get there.

Now that you mention it, Immunity might be a decent alternative over Swarm, since being a slow Pokemon, Ariados doesn't usually get the chance to use its boost from that very often, since if it's under 1/3 health it's usually dead. Then you'd have Immunity and Insomnia to choose from, basically a "choose-what-you-want-to-be-immune-to."

Ah, and if this gets edited in the next patch and yours has Swarm, it will not automatically update unless you evolve him, but this version of HGSS makes saves that work just fine with Pokesav or whatever other save editor you might have access to, so it's possible to change it yourself (or I mean, you could send it to me and I'd fix it if you don't have anything like that).

Mine is an Insomniac, so no worries about that. I wouldn't burden others over a trivial matter anyhow.

I haven't mucked around in the type table yet, but I think something I'd be likely to do is make Bug resist itself, so that anything that's Bug/? would be at least neutral to bug even if the other type was weak to it. I'm not sure if there are major ramifications to having Bug/Flying 4x resist bug, but I doubt it since even on Bug Pokemon, but isn't generally the main attacking type. Then I suppose Bugsy would be annoying for anything that ONLY had Bug attacks, but I guess most bugs have multiple decent types..

I think the rationale for bug being good against Dark and Psychic is that maybe psychic/otherworldly powers don't work on bugs because they hardly have brains to control in the first place? They're sort of automatic. But I have no idea.

Bug resistance would work nicely as well. I'm still skeptical on the rationale however, seeing as Pokemon are depicted as more intellectual creatures with feeling/perceptive opinions/etc, but I'll overlook it I suppose, haha.

Poison fang was going to be one of his STAB moves, but it actually was allowed to be moved further up the tree and be gotten at a lower level now because it's not. But if you're raising one, don't worry, he should get Pursuit soon. At level 12, I believe. Those first few routes are killer, haha. I made the encounter rate lower, but the Pokemon better, so that it'd be less overall getting assaulted by things, but each battle would feel more significant.

I've noticed, and it's rather exciting. Can get a tad frustrating with Chikorita on the first trip to Mr.Pokemon. Everything is faster and hits more than you do, haha. The rival match was easier than a random lvl6 Spinarak/Weedle/Wurple I'd encounter.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm trying to keep up progress even now when I've been pretty busy in hopes that I won't burn out like indeed I've seen many do.

Keep me posted on your progress, too! I'd be curious to know about what levels and which Pokemon are on your team when you beat gyms, since I'm basing their levels on about where I was on my playthrough and of course everyone's will be different. Trying to make sure the few routes before each offer suitable grinding material for teams that are behind. I'm also debating switching one of Falkner's birds to a Wingull that uses primarily water attacks, both to mess with Cyndaquil and to give Chikorita something to DO on that fight besides be a cheerleader. Let me know what you think when you get there.

Well, initially I started with a Chikorita (named Leafy, original, I know) and a Spinarak.

Both had flying/bug weaknesses, so I decided to prepare for the first gym.

After being startled by the Elder's Hoothoot, I fear Falker may have a Hoothoot/Noctowl with gust. I attempted to get a nice Sp. Def boost from the wild Pokemon using EVs, but found myself wasting time searching for the only acceptable Pokemon: Ledyba. Perhaps increase its occurrence rate or have it give 2 SpD EVs?

In my search, I came upon a Mareep, and decided to catch several (in an attempt to get a proper nature).

It's a Pokemon I'm fond of (despite its 2nd evolution) and it was mentioned as a highly modified one in this hack.

It looked quite competent, but I wasn't aware of its overpowered presence yet.

== Violet City Gym ==

My Party:

Spinarak Lv 14 (Adamant/Insomnia)

Chikorita Lv 14 (Relaxed/Overgrow)

Mareep Lv 12 (Bold/Volt Absorb)

I started with Spinarak and 1HKO'd his Pidgey (critical on Pursuit), then switched to Mareep for his the rest of his party. Despite possessing a high variation in attacks, Falker's Pokemon had no real counter to Mareep other than a barrage of sand-attack/featherdown or a weak normal-type attack. Any attacks they could dish out were pitifully weak, with Pidgeotto's quick attack being the strongest. My Mareep could tank them all regardless. It had nearly equal defense to my Chikorita, but more HP despite being 2 levels lower. None of his Pokemon had resistance to electrictyeither, so I would suggest switching out the Pidgey for a dragon-type like Swablu (you'll have to change its type, since only its evolution has the dragon part) and well as giving Pidgeotto its signature Mud-Slap attack back (from the original Gold/Silver). A Wingull would also be an easy target for thundershock, but I probably would've used my Chikorita against it had it been one of his Pokemon. For the majority, the Pokemon I struggled with in the starting routes were nearly useless, and I'm afraid it may be the same against the Bug gym, as Spinarak and Chikorita are both weak against it.

On a side note, are more Pokemon female than before? My entire party thus far is female, including my starter. Perhaps its just my luck/imagination.

I'll keep you posted on my finding as I progress further.

Community efforts nearly always end up more well polished that solo hacks, so I'm glad you're so accepting of suggestions from strangers. I'm looking forward to the next update!

Well, initially I started with a Chikorita (named Leafy, original, I know) and a Spinarak.

Both had flying/bug weaknesses, so I decided to prepare for the first gym.

After being startled by the Elder's Hoothoot, I fear Falker may have a Hoothoot/Noctowl with gust. I attempted to get a nice Sp. Def boost from the wild Pokemon using EVs, but found myself wasting time searching for the only acceptable Pokemon: Ledyba. Perhaps increase its occurrence rate or have it give 2 SpD EVs?

In my search, I came upon a Mareep, and decided to catch several (in an attempt to get a proper nature).

It's a Pokemon I'm fond of (despite its 2nd evolution) and it was mentioned as a highly modified one in this hack.

It looked quite competent, but I wasn't aware of its overpowered presence yet.

== Violet City Gym ==

My Party:

Spinarak Lv 14 (Adamant/Insomnia)

Chikorita Lv 14 (Relaxed/Overgrow)

Mareep Lv 12 (Bold/Volt Absorb)

I started with Spinarak and 1HKO'd his Pidgey (critical on Pursuit), then switched to Mareep for his the rest of his party. Despite possessing a high variation in attacks, Falker's Pokemon had no real counter to Mareep other than a barrage of sand-attack/featherdown or a weak normal-type attack. Any attacks they could dish out were pitifully weak, with Pidgeotto's quick attack being the strongest. My Mareep could tank them all regardless. It had nearly equal defense to my Chikorita, but more HP despite being 2 levels lower. None of his Pokemon had resistance to electrictyeither, so I would suggest switching out the Pidgey for a dragon-type like Swablu (you'll have to change its type, since only its evolution has the dragon part) and well as giving Pidgeotto its signature Mud-Slap attack back (from the original Gold/Silver). A Wingull would also be an easy target for thundershock, but I probably would've used my Chikorita against it had it been one of his Pokemon. For the majority, the Pokemon I struggled with in the starting routes were nearly useless, and I'm afraid it may be the same against the Bug gym, as Spinarak and Chikorita are both weak against it.

On a side note, are more Pokemon female than before? My entire party thus far is female, including my starter. Perhaps its just my luck/imagination.

I'll keep you posted on my finding as I progress further.

Community efforts nearly always end up more well polished that solo hacks, so I'm glad you're so accepting of suggestions from strangers. I'm looking forward to the next update!

Starters ARE female more often, at least the Johto ones. I figured I'd make it less of a pain to breed them so they're 50/50 now.

I think Gligar might be a good counter for electrics while keeping the "Johto" flavor and also accomplishing that other goal of letting Chikorita like.. do something. I totally forgot that you can get that small patch of grass before route 32 and find Mareep. (Geodude in Dark Cave is useful for a Falkner counter too, though I did it with my Cyndaquil and a Pidgey and freaking Tailow kept 2hkoing both of them and then roosting heh). And then I can make Pidgeotto his lead-in. Give it an anti-water berry to troll Totodile with a little and that might be fun. Pidgeotto gets Mud Slap back, I forget why I took it off in the first place (I'd left it on Pidgey too).

I think a lot of people tend to underestimate how useful feedback from others is. People notice so many things that I might forget, like I totally didn't even remember that rt.32 stuff was available before Falkner, and since everyone is going to be playing with something different, everyone's going to have had a different experience with the difficulty.

Spinarak and Ledyba are both a pain to find and take down, so they should both give 2 EVs as of next patch (tonight if I keep up the motivation, I just beat whitney myself).

I found the rocket leader in the Slowpoke Well a bit harder than Bugsy, so I'm also curious to see if you find the same thing.

And yes, Mareep is basically awesome. Like a boss.

Edited by RyouChan