XY Event - Walmart Garchomp (X) / Scizor (Y) (NA)

Guested

Labeled copies of X and Y sold at Walmart stores now contain a Serial Code to download Garchomp (included with X) or Scizor (included with Y).

The the Serial Codes are valid from Nov 27, 2013 until June 30, 2014.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-X-Wal-Mart-Exclusive-Nintendo-3DS/33060453

Details for these events are still unknown.

If you get one, please post the details of the Pokemon here, as well as photos of Wonder Card and Distro text (as described in this thread) and the Serial Code card (don't show us the serial code before you redeem it).

If you could, please soft reset a number of times to test to see if Gender and Nature are set or are random.

It's also likely/possible that these will have specific distro text for French and Spanish.

If you have access to any of the packet capturing tools, feel free to contribute a pkx file or details related to secret ID number, etc.

via:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=217906

unnamed(2).jpg

unnamed%20(1).jpg

To think I checked all this stuff before I got mine. I'll my paperwork but my cover didn't have that! Well I'm more than pissed now. Live and learn.

I just looked at the display yesterday. None looked like that ones at all!

Thanks you for this info!

" gotta catch'm all!"

The Pokemon are at level 50, Winter2013 is the OT, and are in Cherish Balls. Otherwise there's nothing special about them other than receiving a fully evolved, high level Pokemon before the first gym.

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1452266_10202614208575605_923146935_n.jpg Not mine, but here's a picture from the Something Awful forums Pokemon thread

I've added entries in the Gallery for these now, because some details have been reported.

Walmart Garchomp

Walmart Scizor

However, there are still many details left unconfirmed.

If you are able to obtain one of these serial numbers, I'd like to remind any potential contributors to try soft resetting a few times after pick-up to determine whether certain details are set or random, such as:

Gender, Nature, Ability, and even possibly whether or not the Garchomp Serial Code can be used on Y and the Scizor Serial Code can be used on X.

There are still some other details unconfirmed such as Scizor's hold item and its moveset is merely extrapolated based on how Garchomp's set is. As well as all of the distro text and wonder card text information.

And any confirmation on the presence of French or Spanish (or any other language) versions of the distro text would be appreciated, but I understand this will be very difficult for anyone except players who are playing in those languages already (as the codes are single-use).

Thanks!

I took a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZf82Z8YY4I

Also I dont talk in videos because I for one hate hearing people talk

Wish more people can just shut up when making videos like this on when finding a shiny xD Sorry just want to get that info out

EdIT

so I did more soft resets and nature is random

so random nature

male

can have either swarm or technician

holding silver powder

moves are listed correctly

Are the moves the same ones listed in Event Gallery?

Not to bump this thread or anything, but I was thinking if the Pokemon can be cloned and given to Guested?

Who knows one day when save editing or anything is up, you'll have the actual Pokemon to upload to the site.

Furthermore, because it's cloned at this point in time where there's no editing that could be done, you already verified the "legitimacy" of the Pokemon ><

Just a suggestion.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I bought this game from Walmart thinking Garchomp code will be inside. Then opened it and popped into the 3DS thinking code will be in the game card. But later on realized that there is special packing with code outside the box (Thanks to this site and this thread)

So now I cant return opened game to Walmart.

How can I get Garchomp now?

TIA, Raky