Official Artwork for the QR Scanner
The QR Scanner is a new feature that was added in Pokémon Sun and Moon. It allows you to scan QR codes and register Pokémon into your Pokédex with it. When you scan a code, you get 10 points and once you reach 100 points, you can use the 'Island Scan' that will scan for a rare Pokémon not naively found in Alola and give you the opportunity to find and catch it.
How to use QR Scanner
Here is a tutorial on how to use the QR Scanner.
1. Open the menu by pressing X.
2. Scroll to the second page and click on "QR Scanner".
3. Press X to open the QR Code Scan.
4. Scan a QR Code by pointing the camera to it and holding R
5. If done correctly, the QR code will produce a Mystery Pokémon and grant you 10 points for the Island Scan
The Island Scan is a feature that ties into the QR Scanner. When you get 100 points, you can scan the island that you are currently on for a chance to catch a rare Pokémon. Different Islands have different Pokémon, and on different days. You only get 1 opportunity once you find it to catch it, so come prepared to find it. You only get 1 hour to find the Pokémon.
How to use the Island Scan
1. Open up the QR Scanner
2. Press and hold the R button to use Island Scan
3. Start looking over the Island for the Pokémon
4. When you find the Pokémon, catch it! (Remember you only get 1 chance)
How do I find QR Codes?
You can use any type of QR code. You can find them on magazines, newspapers, leaflets, signs, advertisements, etc. We also have our own QR Code gallery made specifically for Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Edited by wrathsoffire76