Rain Dance Team [Updated]

I'm vaguely Intersted in this Team. If I can catch you Online, I'd enjoy a battle with you ^^

@Memjee; I once made an Extremely Unique Rain Dance Team. Although I can't technically call it Rain Dance, lol. It is a blend of Sand and Surf, in otherwords, a Rain/SS Hybrid team. This ensures that the weather is always in my favor, especially if my opponent is also using a Sand Storm Team. I just switch up the weather and hit 'em hard. It had quite the string of Success; however, I retired it on account that I wasn't using Rain Dance all that often, and so I went off and made a pure Sandstorm Team. If you are intersted, I'd be willing to Battle you and show you just how it works.

Yes I am interested, but I only play on shoddy, Project Pokemon or Smogon, so seeing me is a longshot. Though if I do see you that'll be great. Memjee is my Username there... anyone who breaks past the barrier that is known as cliche teams has my respect.

Guys, lets try to keep this on topic. Back to OP?

You may want to try something else, Say Omastar, instead of Lanturn. Generally, you want a more offensive strategy with RD teams, because you don't get unlimited rain. Try a Specs set with Ludi and a LO set with Omastar. Bronzong can also make a good back up rain setter. If you use him, switch out Milotic.

Is this a double battle team? I'm sorry, but if it is, then you should try to make it function for doubles. In double battles, strategies really should differ from singles. Also, try to battle on Shoddybattle, Netbattle, or Pokemon Online. Online simulators usually have far more people, and the battles are much faster, so you can go through several matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Your new raindance team has literally 2 physical moves :/. There are a lot of specially defensive pokemon that you won't even be able to tt even be able to touch. Any specially defensive toxic staller completely ruins the new team.

As it stands, turn kingdra into a DD sweeper so you have some physical power going.

Gorebyss isn't doing anything that say ludicolo or Floatzel aren't doing so you can replace her with someone who has better coverage.

And you never want a rest talker on a rain dance team. Rain dance give you 5 - 8 turns to rip holes into the opponent. Once the rain is gone, all you have is a team of faily frail water pokemon, so don't waste your turns using rest-talk. If you want a defensive pokemon there, go the swampert route, so that you can have a general wall and someone who can take the electric attacks. Something like RD/Hydro Pump/EQ/Yawn(or roar) could work really well.

Also, you are going to have a real problem against any team that utilises toxic spikes, so you either need a rapid spinner somewhere, or a poison type. Nidoking Provides an excellent -out-of-nowehere mixed sweeper, Qwilfish works amazing in the rain and provides your team a great physical sweeper, toxicroak can utilise the rain with dry skin and become an amazing sub puncher, SD OR NP sweeper, hell he can be ran like Mixape if you so choose, with NP (or SD)/Cross Chop (or vacuum wave) / Dark Pulse (or Sucker Punch)/ Sludge Bomb (or HP Ice/ or Ice Punch/ Or stone edge). Infact I really reccommend Toxicroak on your team, It's very very versatile and provides your team with some coverage that it otherwise Lacked.

On the Rapid Spin front, you have Kabutops who is probably the most devistating RD SD sweeper.

Was there anything particularly wrong with the old team? :S.