Poll: How Many New Pokemon Do You Think Will Be In Pokemon Black and White?

GollyWog

How Many New Pokemon Do You Think Will Be In Pokemon Black and White?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How Many New Pokemon Do You Think Will Be In Pokemon Black and White?

• 25-50
    • 51-75
    • 76-100
    • 101-125
    • 126-150
    • 151-175
    • 176-200
    • 201+

25+ Legendaries is WAY too much, if not a bit exaggerated. The number of Legendaries grow steadily, increasing by 1 or 4 with each Generation.

1st Gen.: 5

2nd Gen.: 6 (5 + 1)

3rd Gen.: 10 (6 + 4)

4th Gen.: 14 (10 + 4)

5 + 1 = 6 + 4 = 10 + 4 = 14

Taking that into account, I'm guessing we'll most than likely get a +1 this time, which means 15 new Legendaries. And we'll possibly get 2 new pseudo-legendaries, but a single one seems equally possible.

Your topics are going slightly astray. I feel the need to remind you that this is a guess as to how many Pokemon there will be out there. If anyone would like to make a new thread, I would gladly approve it.

My apologies.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 + is an exaggeration RASN (I'm only making fun of the fact there were too many legends introduced in the last generation... like around too much). If there were to be 101-125 new Pokemon, then 25 of them being legends would be a little too much don't you think? It'd be between the 14<x<20 range, but if they actually did go 25 + I wouldn't be surprised at all >.>

However, I've been contemplating... even though I shouldn't do this, but 2nd generation only introduced around 251-151=100 new Pokemon, while 3rd gen introduced 386-251=135 new Pokemon, and 4th gen introduced 493-386=107 new Pokemon. Now 107-100=7, so perhaps there would be 135 + 7 = 142 new Pokemon introduced. *gets shot* lol kidding. I wish the range between 120-150 new Pokemon was placed in that poll because I'm starting to lean towards that.

You know what, forget it. I'm voting 25-50 new Pokemon... the rest are old Pokemon recycled into a new skin of some kind. :P

But in Gen IV there were very few native Pokemon introduced because they recycled many old Pokemon into the regions too. The other half of the Sinnoh dex was filled with evolutions for the old Pokemon... and I mean TONS of them. We get Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Magnezone, Froslass, Mamoswine, Weavile, Tangrowth, Probopass, etc... do you think that trend will continue in the next generation? I'd actually laugh if they evolved Farfetch'd or Delibird, but you get the idea. Wait no, they'll make babies of Farfetch'd and Delibird and evolve Gyarados (stares at Chimecho and Rhydon and Dusclops parallel). >.>

If they evolve Gyarados, might as well evolve Milotic. But I get what you mean, though.

Y'know, I've always wanted to see an evolution for Dunsparce, Pinsir, Mawile, and maybe Torkoal; and it's about time that Kangaskhan's baby came out of that pouch--what was the fan name for it, Kingoskhan? Also, one thing is for sure; we'll see more baby PKMN.

But yeah, like you said, maybe of the 100+ possible new PKMN, probably half or less will end up being actually new ones. We'll see when it comes out...

EDIT: It just occurred to me: what if they make an additional evolution for female Machokes? Or end up making the Machop line all males and introduce a new female Machop line? Might as well make Gardevoirs female, too. Just a random thought I couldn't let go...ignore if you want.

If they evolve Gyarados, might as well evolve Milotic. But I get what you mean, though.

Y'know, I've always wanted to see an evolution for Dunsparce, Pinsir, Mawile, and maybe Torkoal; and it's about time that Kangaskhan's baby came out of that pouch--what was the fan name for it, Kingoskhan? Also, one thing is for sure; we'll see more baby PKMN.

But yeah, like you said, maybe of the 100+ possible new PKMN, probably half or less will end up being actually new ones. We'll see when it comes out...

EDIT: It just occurred to me: what if they make an additional evolution for female Machokes? Or end up making the Machop line all males and introduce a new female Machop line? Might as well make Gardevoirs female, too. Just a random thought I couldn't let go...ignore if you want.

There was always a theme for the new Pokemon... like 3rd gen being exotic and 4th gen being "ultimates", being as powered up as much as possible. I don't know if there will be a theme for the 5th generation, but it certainly isn't "exotic"... just weird :x

It's definitely going to be a mix of old Pokemon and very few new Pokemon. I can just feel it. I don't know why. Probably more concentration on electric Pokemon due to the metropolis-esque environment.

The last thought... if they were going to do that, they would have done it in Gen II for Machoke and Gen III for Gardevoir, but apparently it will stay that way. You will always see female Machamps (I have one) and male Gardevoirs... an alternate line would be nice, but ewww male Machokes. Go Gamefreak for their extraordinary genius :/

[...]

The last thought... if they were going to do that, they would have done it in Gen II for Machoke and Gen III for Gardevoir, but apparently it will stay that way. You will always see female Machamps (I have one) and male Gardevoirs... an alternate line would be nice, but ewww male Machokes. Go Gamefreak for their extraordinary genius :/

I'm guessing GameFreak's line of thought was, "we're too deep in this $#!% to make these changes now, so screw it!"

Makes perfect unexplainable sense seeing is GameFreak we're talking about.

idk...

But the pokemon look great anyway!

Nintendo never ceases to amaze me with creativity

How many cute category pokemon do you think they will have?

for example

Pikachu,Minun,plusle,and Pachirisu....even Chiramii, I think that throws the pattern off, Chiramii is a normal type