Vbulletin Addons/Plugins: Add 'Em foo!

The owner of the website should consider getting some of the awesome addons/plugins vbulletin has to offer. Theres a whole lot of cool stuff out there; like forum Economy systems, Forum RPGs and the like. If you want to make the website/forum more immersive, I suggest adding something along those lines.

On the RPG front, another forum I frequent has one of these, kind of an MMO actually. Anywho that went down a treat and really got the forum booming. If any of the mods wanna see this then send me a PM :D.

As for the economy systems I have no idea what that is. But there are a lot of cool things to be had on the Vbulletin, I think they could work if they were relevant and practical.

On the RPG front, another forum I frequent has one of these, kind of an MMO actually. Anywho that went down a treat and really got the forum booming. If any of the mods wanna see this then send me a PM :D.

As for the economy systems I have no idea what that is. But there are a lot of cool things to be had on the Vbulletin, I think they could work if they were relevant and practical.

By economy system I mean like a money system, where theres like items and a store. People could make shops where you buy/sell in-game and out of game objects for Forum money. I've seen it done on a few Forums including some that were VBulletin powered websites. I never actually owned a Vbulletin board but judging form my past experiences with similar boards it really isn't very hard to implement, and the users really enjoy it. I think it would be a cool thing for a Pokemon website, it's very RPG-ey. : )

Sounds interesting... I like the idea of the money thing. Would you be able to open threads, then set them as a shop?

Essentially, yeah thats exactly what you could do. People could actually charge points in sig shops/request topics. Also if you really wanted to get out there, you could even sell pokemon in shops.

While I have been a member of many forums with those RPG-esque systems and economy systems and whatnot (I even implemented that myself in my small community a long time ago), I don't know if this is the type of forums where it will be appropriate in, as its main purpose was for Pokemon Data Research (yes, Research, you know, that boring word, R-E-S-E-A-R-C-H?). It can be fun but I'm not completely sure if it is okay here.

We did install some hacks when this forum was Vbulletin 3.8X, but once it got upgraded to 4.0 many of the hacks became useless because of the different structure. We'll see how it all turns out, but I'm not sure if there are any good hacks developed for 4.0 yet, as it is a relatively new software.