rate my speed battle team (for lack of a better name)

should i replace absol with belly sub smeargle  

7 members have voted

1. 1. should i replace absol with belly sub smeargle

• yes
    • no

absol's gone so ignore the poll

heres the mini view

changes in bold

[iCON]142[/iCON][iCON]243[/iCON][iCON]477[/iCON][iCON]392[/iCON][iCON]130[/iCON][iCON]461[/iCON]

heres the full view

aerodactyl@focus sash

[sHINYSPRITE]142[/sHINYSPRITE]

jolly

pressure

6 hp

252 atk

252 speed

stealth rock

taunt

earhtquake

stone edge

standard aerodactyl, nothing special here

raikou@leftovers

[sPRITE]243[/sPRITE]

timid

pressure

6 hp

252 speed

252 sp atk

thunder bolt

shadow ball

hidden power ice

calm mind

this guy will take care of threats to infernape and machamp and will help take down dragons like salamence and dragonite

dusknoir@leftovers

[sHINYSPRITE]477[/sHINYSPRITE]

adamant

pressure

252 hp

252 atk

6 def

gravity

dynamic punch

ice punch

shadow sneak

gravity to boost accuracy on dynamic punch so i can cause some confusion, shadow punch to help cover machamp's weaknesses

infernape@life orb

[sPRITE]392[/sPRITE]

adamant

blaze

6 hp

252 atk

252 speed

stone edge

close combat

earthquake

flare blitz

just another sweeper

gyarados@leftovers

[sprite]130[/sprite]

adamant

intimidate

hp 156

atk 72

def 96

speed 184

dragon dance

substitute

waterfall

bounce

weavile@life orb

[sPRITE]461[/sPRITE]

jolly

pressure

6 hp

252 atk

252 speed

swords dance

night slash

low kick

ice shard

helps to defeat dragons

Edited by randomcouchpotato

Your team is a lead with 5 sweepers. None of your team can actually take more than 2 hits from most neutral damage attacks, you'll rack up damage from SR + Life Orb recoil quite quickly, and your Calm Mind Raikou has Choice Specs as it's held item.

It's a poorly thought out team, with no real strategy to show that you can use a hyper-offensive team to it's full potential.

Calm Mind Raikou or anything with Choice Specs is a bad idea. I recommend instead that you use Calm Mind with Life Orb.

If you also wanted Gengar in the team that's fine. But find a place where you can add Explosion in there.

Machamp does not need both Rock Slide and Stone Edge. Replace Rock Slide for Payback.

Hm... Anyways you're weak to offense and stall... Maybe you should make it a ballance team with some walls?

@randomspot555 raikou did have a life orb at one point i just forgot to remove calm mind so ill put the life orb back

@shogun any suggestions for walls and who i could replace with them? i have a heatran with explosion should i use thatt?

@both should i put this on instead of gengar

dusknoir@life orb

[sHINYSPRITE]477[/sHINYSPRITE]

adamant

pressure

252 hp

252 atk

6 def

gravity

dynamic punch

earthquake

shadow punch

and this instead of absol

weavile@life orb

[sPRITE]461[/sPRITE]

jolly

pressure

40 hp

252 atk

216 speed

swords dance

night slash

low kick

ice punch

Edited by randomcouchpotato

Dusknoir would be good as a gengar replacement seeing as gengar and Raikou share the same coverage. Though I recommend that you go for a will o wisp vairant to stop opposing physical killers from being such killers.

Weavile will also make for a good revenge killer if you put ice shard over ice punch... though there isn't too much that outspeeds him anyhow. Errr, ice shard depends on if you are too worried about DDancers and scarfers. But would definately make for a better replacement in terms of power + speed.

Dusknoir would be good as a gengar replacement seeing as gengar and Raikou share the same coverage. Though I recommend that you go for a will o wisp vairant to stop opposing physical killers from being such killers.

Weavile will also make for a good revenge killer if you put ice shard over ice punch... though there isn't too much that outspeeds him anyhow. Errr, ice shard depends on if you are too worried about DDancers and scarfers. But would definately make for a better replacement in terms of power + speed.

sounds good, will do

im not too worried about dancers and scarfed pokes so ill just leave weavile as is

You can also replace Aerodactyl with this pokemon.

[shinysprite]130[/shinysprite] [icon]130[/icon]

Gyarados (F) @ Life Orb

Intimidate @ Serious

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Pulse

- Hp (Electric)

- Surf

DO NOT do this ^^^^.

You have a perfectly fine lead for one and two this gyarados won't do anything much considering it has pitiful Special attack - and dragon dance doesn't boost that special attack either.

Yeah. At the moment the sets are ok but the team isn't. There's little synergy at the moment... I have to go pretty soon so I dunno what I could recommend. But if we work from your Infernape, he's weak to water/ground/flying/psychic. So pokemon that would complement him well are Vaporeon/Gyarados/Umbreon/_levitater/darktype_.

So lets say you went for Gyarados. Infernape would do all he could do until he came across someone who countered him - you anticipate the following move and switch to the next pokemon to take the move for him. SO infernape vs EQ - switch to Gyarados - Work with gyarados until an electric type comes out - then you switch to someone that is immune to electric. Ground types are good, but they share a common water weakness with infernape, so something like Jolteon/lanturn w/ volt absorb or Electivire w/ Motor thingy can instead come into the electric attack and make benefit of them. Though they share the same ground weakness as infernape - Gyarados is a flyer and can set up on a lot of EQ users.

That would be how you'd play a hyper offensive team, switching between extra strengthy pokemon that can cover each others weakness.

If you need more help I'll be back in about 5 hours.

i think i have a metagross somewhere, ill take a look at how it would fit with my team

should i try this in place of machamp

dugtrio@choice band

[sprite]051[/sprite]

jolly

arena trap

4 hp

252 atk

252 speed

earthquake

night slash

stone edge

aerial ace