Some what of a Rain team. -Wifi RMT

Yuuki

I was thinking of making a Rain Team once before but the obvious idea came to me rain + swift swim is good. Yes I did know that before. So making I semi-rain team would do me good. Yes this is a WIFI team.

This is the team by a first sight.

dpiconani482.gifdpiconani119.gifdpiconani437.gifdpiconani230.gifdpiconani485.gifdpiconani272.gif

Now here's the team itself!

Lead

482.png

Elf (Azelf) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spe/252 SAtk

Naive nature (+Spe, -SDef)

- Fire Blast

- Explosion

- Psychic

- Stealth Rock

--I chose Azelf as a lead with focus sash because most of the time it can get stealth rocks up with no problem. Unless of course it is a fake-out Infernape. What I do is set up rocks first turn. If I suspect a taunt I will attack with either FireBlast of Psychic, depending on what the pokemon is. Explode when at low health, not to do when predicting a ghost pokemon.

Sort of a Choice Band Sweeper in the Rain

119.png

King Ky (Seaking) (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Waterfall

- Return

- Megahorn

- Peck

--Lol Seaking. Why Seaking? I find it funny. It is good with Choice Band and Swift Swim in the rain. It really puts a dent and sometimes OHKO's the opposing pokemon.

Support

437.png

Bishamon (Bronzong) @ Light Clay

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef

Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spe)

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Light Screen

- Reflect

-- I have to get this out before setting up Rain Dance. Why? Because I need the extra defense. It really helps guaranteeing a Rain Dance up. I really have no idea why I picked the Rain Dance Bronzong set and just take out either EarthQuake or Explosion. Thinking of that now I think I would take out either EarthQuake or Explosion for it.

Double Dancing Sweeper

230.png

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers

EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Waterfall

- Rain Dance

- Outrage

- Dragon Dance

-- Yeah Kingdra. Good in the Rain. With Rain Dance up it is even better. I try to get up atleast one Dragon Dance while Reflect and LightScreen is up. After, beat down the opposing opponent. When the Rain stops I set it up again. When the Reflect and LightScreen stops I can either switch out taking away the +1 dragon dance or stay in hoping to sweep. Most of the the time when Reflect and LightScreen runs out switch out to Bronzong before even setting up another Rain Dance.

Choice Scarf Switch In

485.png

Heatmam (Heatran) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spe/252 SAtk

Naive nature (+Spe, -SDef)

- Fire Blast

- Explosion

- Earth Power

- Dragon Pulse

-- Yay Heatran! Usually for Switching in on opposing Heatrans and prediciting switch and putting dents into other pokemon. Dragon Pulse is for Dragon switch-in's such as Salamence on a Fireblast or something.

In Rain Sweeper

272.png

Ludicolo (F) @ Life Orb

EVs: 60 HP/196 Spe/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Grass Knot

- Ice Beam

- Rain Dance

- Surf

-- To me, a need in a rain team. It is guaranteed a Rain Dance with or without Reflect and Light Screen, in my experience anyway. After that. It is pretty much clear sailing. STAB surf with life orb and so on. Don't have to worry about dragons because of ice beam. Opposing water types I don't have to worry about because of Grass Knot.

So that is my team and I would like help on it very much please. Thank you for taking the time to read it.

A pretty good team overall.

Azelf: Perhaps removing Fire Blast and giving it Rain Dance would be useful. I don't know how much attacking you want it to do but U-Turn instead of Psychic is also nice, a sort of Set-Up and Go mindset.

Seaking: They are pretty mean in the Rain, but due to its lack of move range, its not very favorable. Though it may not be Kabutops, it is a very useful Pokemon none the less and I am sure with a Choice Band it will deal deadly damage even when resisted.

Bronzong: Another good Pokemon for setting up. Perhaps giving him Rain Dance instead of Earthquake would also be nice. If he is going to be worrying about Dual Screens, then just being supportive in general would be useful. Can't always take the time to set up with your attackers, right?

Kingdra: And this is what I meant. A very good Pokemon, if not great when it comes to Rain Dance. I am not sure if you should have both Rain Dance and Dragon Dance though. If you teach Bronzong or Azelf Rain Dance then Kindgra could just be a Dragon Dancer just in case. But if you want to keep Rain Dance[, then I'd suggest Surf as a good option against Physical Walls.

Heatran: A Fire Pokemon in the Rain. Though it sounds weird at first, it could still manage to deal some good damage. I wouldn't expect much from Fire Blast or foreseeing other Fire type attacks on a Water based team, but for lack of a better option, I leave this to you.

Ludicolo: One of my favorite Pokemon ever. A good move set, and if you don't need Rain Dance on it, I'd suggest a Hidden Power that'd be useful versus common threats or perhaps a supportive move like Leech Seed or Toxic against walls.

I like the concept of the team overall and I wish it the best of luck and that my advice proves useful.

Nothing terrible to say beside you did a good job putting this team together but you really need to give something damp rock because 3 turns of rain wont cut it. Also having heatran pn a rain team isnt good thats to its fire attacks being weakened overall decent team 8/10 in my book

Hm. All I have to say is that you need some mixed Rain Dance sweepers (Kingdra, Huntail and check for others too) , so you don't get walled as easily. Also thier recommendations are really good. Your team looks very healthy. Seaking could use Double Edge for more power, and besides, it will most likely get those HP drained by attacks anyways. Aqua Tail is better over Peck so you can do some extra damage in case you need it. Eh, just some suggestions.

I would suggest using a different choice scarf pokemon.

Scraftran is a revenge killer, and it a solid choice for teams with fire weaknesses.

But your team resist fire extremely well.

Another thing is this team is in the rain, causing Heatrans main stab move to not as effective.

I also suggest using damp rock on either azelf or brongzong and give them damp rock.

They both use rain dance effectively and damp rock increases the duration to 8 turns.

hope this helps =)

Peck is for Shedinja I think... but you can run Knock Off over Peck and you can annoy some people who depend on items (like Trick Rotom who would be glad to switch into Seaking) and it also hits Shedinja as well. Not that Shedinja shows its face a lot, but still... there are those JUST IN CASE situations. Knock Off is a move tutor in Platinum and also in HGSS's Battle Frontier I think. But then again, Peck would hurt stuff like Heracross more... although to be fair Waterfall in the rain is a lot stronger than Peck on Heracross.

Or if you run out of filler move ideas you can always put Toxic on that slot... which is weird but it still works... although I wouldn't since Toxic slows down the momentum of a rain sweep team.