Question about event tickets in Gen III

Zowayix

My other thread on this topic died before I got a straight answer, so I'm remaking it.

As far as I know, the following were definitely obtainable in the USA outside of hacking:

- Eon Ticket through e-card on R/S

- MysticTicket at 10 ANIV event on FR/LG/E

- AuroraTicket at movie theater event on FR/LG

- Eon Ticket through mixing records only on Emerald

(If any of the above are wrong, let me know.)

What I'm not sure about:

- Was the AuroraTicket obtainable in the USA on Emerald? During the movie theater event, Emerald hadn't been released yet, and I've heard no news of any AuroraTicket giveaways during the 10 ANIV event.

- Alternatively, the AuroraTicket was definitely obtainable in Emerald in Europe since NOE had an event where you could mail in your cartridge and they would put all 3 of the tickets in your game (only the Eon Ticket if the game was R/S). Was it technically possible to send in a USA copy of Emerald to get the AuroraTicket this way?

- Was the Old Sea Map ever obtainable at all outside of Japan? I've heard various scattered reports (most likely false) that you could also get the Old Sea Map during that NOE event mentioned above.

- Probably very unlikely, but would it have been possible to bring a non-Japanese Emerald cart to the Old Sea Map event in Japan to get it that way? (I don't think they're compatible though).

If anyone could confirm that the first three statements are correct, and give me any answers to the last four questions, that would be great. Any sources or news reports from people who have actually attended these events would also be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Prior to Gen 4, carts did not have foreign languages programmed into them. So no, you couldn't receive a Japanese event on a foreign game cart.

The Old Sea Map was never distributed outside of Japan.

Emerald never got the ticketed events in most of the world, but in Europe, you could sent your cart (including Emerald) to Nintendo of Europe or whatever and they'd put the key items on it and send it back.

Prior to Gen 4, carts did not have foreign languages programmed into them. So no, you couldn't receive a Japanese event on a foreign game cart.

The Old Sea Map was never distributed outside of Japan.

Emerald never got the ticketed events in most of the world, but in Europe, you could sent your cart (including Emerald) to Nintendo of Europe or whatever and they'd put the key items on it and send it back.

Wrong. Trades between different language games are possible since 3rd gen.

True.

Wrong. Emerald could download the Aurora Ticket at Pokémon Rocks America 2005.

The MysticTicket was available to FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald at that same event..