We should so have a writing/role-play secion... !

Actually, he's talking about post by post roleplaying, not fan fiction, there's a difference. Depending on how serious people are, it can be an enjoyable experience. I don't think it would work on this board, but I noticed this thread since I am a very heavy PbP roleplayer and enjoy it.

I was in a Pokemon RP just once... it was a shame it didn't last.

How PbP RP is different from blogging or fanfiction is that it's a project/goal that cannot be met with one person writing.

That Pokemon RP is here, if anyone was curious: http://roleplayerguild.com/f9/the-pokepox-ic-12360/

To add to SCV's post:

From what I've seen, it's also been getting more people involved in posting about Pokémon in general. Before, they're weren't as many debates and discussions, mostly hacking questions, but now it's broadening to other areas. Even the Franchise and Research are getting attention more now. IMO, things here are going faster (more people discussing) than on the old Forum. ;)

Although it would be nice to see a space for us writers, I must say, what's so wrong with just using the Off Topic section? Is Role-Playing not off topic? Same with writing.

Besides, anyone who honestly wants to read my works can just click the link in my profile....

Not that I'm shamelessly advertizing or anything :P

Because it's more orderly in general, and humans like categorizing things. Better than RPs/Fanfics spamming the off topic board if enough people get interested.

And I don't know about you, but I don't go around clicking people's profiles. I wouldn't have known that you wrote if you didn't mention it. Posting fanfics in their own section can be beneficial to people looking for good reads and feedback. Maybe it can also be a place to post Pokémon related fanart along with the fics.

I'm not sure if we currently have enough people interested for it to be worth it, though.

We do have a fanfiction topic floating around here somewhere. I have mentioned my writership there, as well. And yes, I do frequently visit user profiles, because I enjoy learning more about those I share this forum with.

That's what I was saying, why don't we just use the Off Topic? Because we don't have such a large database whereas to clutter the space, as long as people are reasonable, and most here are.

I feel a new section dedicated to writing may be too much of a demand considering how little interest there is. If PP were to get bigger and invite more writers in general, then I feel it would be a sound decision to be considered.

I personally see nothing wrong with using the Off-Topic for now. If someone really wanted to get a story organised to jump straight into a PbP, I'd be interested to give it a go.