Pokeball Editing & Home

Moorisa

Hey hey, I made an account here just to get some help with ball editing in PKhex.

I have a lot of pokemon from the nintendo switch games that I caught in boring pokeballs upon release, but now I want to change their balls to loveballs. The Pokemon mean a lot to me so I dont want to just catch new ones of the same species. Thing is, Ive had them in and out of Pokemon HOME a lot. Im very familiar with save editing and legality, but I'm quite nervous due to the new 'home tracker' that I may be flagged. Staying largely legitimate and unbanned is important to me. I only use PkHEX for aesthetic changes like this and to make more exclusive Pokeballs (...and to get my Ditto for breeding. Pain in the butt.)

How should I go about this in the safest way possible? I already know the obvious stuff like, say, to not change balls of the starter I chose or event/gift Pokemon. But with the home tracker, should I send all my Pokemon back to their origin game, wipe the tracker code, and then change the ball, before sending them back to S/V?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

~Marisa~

Edit the ball of the Pokémon before it has *ever* entered HOME [entering HOME for the first time]

Either that, or wipe the HOME tracker, then edit the ball, then send it into HOME from the origin game (Switch titles)/from SWSH (for origin games from non-Switch titles, however limited to them existing in SWSH) [simulating entering HOME for the first time]

24 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Edit the ball of the Pokémon before it has *ever* entered HOME [entering HOME for the first time]

Either that, or wipe the HOME tracker, then edit the ball, then send it into HOME from the origin game (Switch titles)/from SWSH (for origin games from non-Switch titles, however limited to them existing in SWSH) [simulating entering HOME for the first time]

Got it. Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

So for example, my Blissey from SWSH thats currently in SV.

I should transfer back to home, put her in a SWSH save, edit *that* save and then wipe the home tracker and change the ball. Maintaining all its ribbons & met conditions, correct?

Does it matter if the SWSH save is a new one or does it have to be from my origin save as well?

4 hours ago, Moorisa said:

Got it. Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

So for example, my Blissey from SWSH thats currently in SV.

I should transfer back to home, put her in a SWSH save, edit *that* save and then wipe the home tracker and change the ball. Maintaining all its ribbons & met conditions, correct?

Does it matter if the SWSH save is a new one or does it have to be from my origin save as well?

Can be a different SWSH save, tho that means it needs to have HT info too. Just think of it as a trade:

People are able to place something they need received from trade into HOME for the mon’s first time.