Invalid: Calculated CP does not match stored value. [LGPE]

Monotony

Hello,

I have recently imported some Pokemon that I have caught in Let's Go Pikachu to PKHex and upon importing them I was greeted with the message "Invalid: Calculated CP does not match stored value", as if they weren't completely legal and legitimate (read: unaltered).

I stumbled upon this thread from a few years ago:

in which someone else seems to have had a similar problem and apparently, according to one of the replies (the one referencing another thread), there used to be a mismatch between the way the game itself calculates CP and the way PKHex does it, therefore no actual legality issue. However, there is a later reply in that respective second thread that announces a fix to that problem, so you can imagine my confusion when my unaltered Pokemon were flagged as illegal.

Given all this, I tried to generate a number of new Pokemon that were flagged as completely legal by the program, sent them to the game, levelled them up once and then sent them back to PKHex, which once again brought up the same legality error. Should I worry, then, if I want to upload those newly generated Pokemon to Home?

25 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Can't tell unless you:

1. show the pokemon

2. show the release of PKHeX you're using

3. indicate what operating system you're using (windows vs other)

1. I have attached the file of an unaltered Pokemon I have caught in-game and imported into PKHeX.

2. I am using the 20231011 release of PKHeX.

3. I am using Windows 10 Pro x64.

0088_-_Grimer_-_BEC7A9FC95FC.pb7

Edited by Monotony

CP is stored at offset 0xFE within the PB7 structure; your Grimer has 0xFE55 (65109) which is an invalid value -- it should be 880. Note that CP caps out at 10,000.

Opening your PB7 in a hex editor, it appears the Party data has been corrupted / is invalid.

The CP/Stat calculation thread you linked relates to floating point calculations; can result in different decimal values if not calculated with the exact same multiplication factors. Yours is a different "issue" that I don't believe is caused by PKHeX.

Did you happen to do anything else within PKHeX or another save editor program (like PKSM) to corrupt the party data? Sorting boxes perhaps?

If you check your stats in-game, they'll likely be garbage, or the game will auto-heal them and they'll be valid the next time you export the updated save file.

I did not import the save file itself, I have just dumped this specific PB7 file with the dump function of a Sysbot (which I was also planning on using in order to have the Pokemon files generated with PKHeX traded to me in-game). The in-game stats are fine (including the CP value, which correctly shows up as 880). I did not expect the Sysbot to be able to corrupt the data of the Pokemon on the way, since I (apparently incorrectly) assumed that it would just transfer me the exact file of the Pokemon as it is found in-game.

Would you therefore say that even if PKHeX (correctly) flags that data as corrupted, upon transferring those files (including the otherwise valid PB7 files I am planning on generating) back to the game, they will become valid as the game will automatically repair the corrupted CP value?