Pokemon Database Problems with PKHex 23.10.11

umikron

Hey there, 

just started using PKHex as a Database for collecting and keeping all the pokemon while replaying through all the games.

Right now im into Pokemon Yellow and wanted to test if PKHex is the solution i am searching for. Ive opened the save file and see on the right side the Pokemons i have in my Box. Like in some tutorial suggested ive created a pkmdb folder and saved per "dump Boxes" all the pokemons inside the boxes. If i open now the database, all mons are doubled (i think ive read somewhere thats because the save file is still loaded). I think thats a bit unfortunate, but still fine. (For clarification, I have 16 Pokemon inside Boxes and 5 in my Party. In the Database i have now 37, 16 * 2 + 5)37poke.thumb.PNG.1605454f7a09fb536f9b6d9c1a4c5586.PNG

But if i want now to just see my collection without the loaded save file or without the dublicates, as far as i know, i need to close PKHex and restart it. But if i do that, dont load any save file and open the database, there are only 9 Pokemons displayed. Dispite the fact, that in the pkmdb folder are 16 files. 9poke.thumb.PNG.cf9c8a8e5a8e1d7126d2362b9f6c5dee.PNG
Why are not all shown?

is that a bug or did i do something wrong?

Not a weird behaviour; PKHeX hides any species that are unavailable in your current save file (yes, this includes blank save files).

Ivysaur, Squirtle, Caterpie, Pidgeotto, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, and Abra are not available in SV, so displaying them in the pkmdb would be pointless because viewing the resulting pkm and trying to convert it to a PK9 would always yield an illegal result.

The setting you noted is simply there to help display everything regardless of availability, which is what you want.

21 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

Not a weird behaviour; PKHeX hides any species that are unavailable in your current save file (yes, this includes blank save files).

Ivysaur, Squirtle, Caterpie, Pidgeotto, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, and Abra are not available in SV, so displaying them in the pkmdb would be pointless because viewing the resulting pkm and trying to convert it to a PK9 would always yield an illegal result.

The setting you noted is simply there to help display everything regardless of availability, which is what you want.

Ok, thanks for the information. You re right, with context, not a weird behaviour, but without, it kinda is ^^. I mean ive never stated that i want to convert anything to PK9 or use the program for SV, so in my opinion it is kinda confusing for a new user.

16 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Untick "Search Within Boxes". Unfortunately the settings are not save so you have to do this everytime you use the database.

Untitled-1.png.bd1f65f4323b7a9ee3eb07f247bc535a.png

Thanks for this!!