Download Play

1 hour ago, Tonkle said:

Hey y'all. Anyone know of any emulators that support Download Play (Like if I have PMD Sky on the emulator, would I be able to send the demo to an actual DS?)

As far as I know there’s no emulator that can connect to a retail unit. I think I’ve read people are trying that but I’m unsure if that feature was ever complete.

21 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

As far as I know there’s no emulator that can connect to a retail unit. I think I’ve read people are trying that but I’m unsure if that feature was ever complete.

Ah, I see. Kinda disappointing to not be able to do it.

I seriously don't have a good enough memory to remember how I did it but back in the day when the NDS was still the new system. I remember it was possible to send NDS DLP binaries from a computer to a real NDS system.

It required having a Wi-Fi card with a very specific chipset which I bought special for the purpose, it may of also required Linux to have custom drivers for the Wi-Fi card. I personally did it and it worked but sadly I don't even remember any specific enough terms to Google it now.

5 hours ago, shadowofdarkness said:

I seriously don't have a good enough memory to remember how I did it but back in the day when the NDS was still the new system. I remember it was possible to send NDS DLP binaries from a computer to a real NDS system.

It required having a Wi-Fi card with a very specific chipset which I bought special for the purpose, it may of also required Linux to have custom drivers for the Wi-Fi card. I personally did it and it worked but sadly I don't even remember any specific enough terms to Google it now.

So it is technically possible, I might look into it then.

6 hours ago, Tonkle said:

So it is technically possible, I might look into it then.

I did find some reference to it but not full instructions or anything. Although from reading it you need to know that Nintendo did block it on later systems. So it needs older DS systems as even the later phat systems were blocked from this working.

My system was from launch day so I know it worked.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-emulator-to-ds-via-wifi-or-otherwise-possible.283954/#post-3528999

Edited by shadowofdarkness

6 minutes ago, shadowofdarkness said:

I did find some reference to it but not full instructions or anything. Although from reading it you need to know that Nintendo did block it on later systems. So it needs older DS systems as even the later phat systems were blocked from this working.

My system was from launch day so I know it worked.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-emulator-to-ds-via-wifi-or-otherwise-possible.283954/#post-3528999

I might be able to do it then, I have a DS that is from the release date of it, and it hasn't been updated (although I'm not sure if the DS even recieved any updates), so it could work. Now I need to find an emulator that can connect to the Internet...