PKHex automatically replace moves

FireGeneral

I noticed that the PKHex will automatically replace some legal moves I have on one pokemon when transfering between generations (ex. Gen8 to Gen9), which I don't want it to do, how can I disable that?

Edited by FireGeneral
Bad Grammar

17 minutes ago, FireGeneral said:

I noticed that the PKHex will automatically replace some legal moves I have on one pokemon when transfering between generations (ex. Gen8 to Gen9), which I don't want it to do, how can I disable that?

That is normal behaviour since moves are not retained during transfer and HOME assigns the correct moves when the Pokémon is deposited into the game. Refer back to your other thread as to why you shouldn’t use PKHeX for gen 8/9 transfer.

18 minutes ago, Poke J said:

That is normal behaviour since moves are not retained during transfer and HOME assigns the correct moves when the Pokémon is deposited into the game. Refer back to your other thread as to why you shouldn’t use PKHeX for gen 8/9 transfer.

You mean PKHex does not retain moves during transfer? If Home does that why not PKHex?

15 minutes ago, FireGeneral said:

You mean PKHex does not retain moves during transfer? If Home does that why not PKHex?

Transferring from foreign contexts into PLA/BDSP/SV formats will reset their moves to their current level up moves. This is how HOME works, therefore it is how PKHeX works.

Feel free to reapply whatever moveset you want afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Transferring from foreign contexts into PLA/BDSP/SV formats will reset their moves to their current level up moves. This is how HOME works, therefore it is how PKHeX works.

Feel free to reapply whatever moveset you want afterwards.

Thank you! This is very informative!

However, if I wish to reapply moves that are no longer available in current gen, pkhex would give the red check.

The pokemon is caught in Sword, therefore, it can learn the move, after transfering to Gen9 however, if I tried to reapply the move, it would give me the red check.

SS1.png

Just now, Kaphotics said:

You can't obtain the moves without cheating, therefore the program indicates it is not legal.

I think I understand this, correct me if I'm wrong.

According to bulbapedia, certain pokemons can have some transfered moves be retained after transfering from previous generations. (creating the transfer-only moves)

However, SV removed these transfer-only moves thus it's illegal to have them.

2 minutes ago, FireGeneral said:

I think I understand this, correct me if I'm wrong.

According to bulbapedia, certain pokemons can have some transfered moves be retained after transfering from previous generations. (creating the transfer-only moves)

However, SV removed these transfer-only moves thus it's illegal to have them.

Transfer moves stopped after SW/SH. Every game afterwards is its own island.

• Like 1