Legality help for Legends Arceus.

Benthelame

As previously mentioned, PKHeX flags it as legal when it is in-fact illegal because the RNG correlation is not something PKHeX validates. The PID, EC, Gender, IVs, Nature, Height/Weight/Scale, (basically any immutable value) etc. are all correlated to a specific RNG seed. While PKHeX cannot validate this properly and will flag them as legal even with no valid seed, other programs can validate Legends: Arceus seeds. 
For an example, see https://github.com/kwsch/EtumrepMMO

TLDR: If you're making or tampering with a Legends: Arceus Pokémon, making it shiny, have 6 perfect IVs, etc, it's illegal even if PKHeX shows it as legal.

Either upload legitimate, untouched pokemon, or figure out how to properly account for the RNG correlation when editing them.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 12:36 AM, Atrius97 said:

As previously mentioned, PKHeX flags it as legal when it is in-fact illegal because the RNG correlation is not something PKHeX validates. The PID, EC, Gender, IVs, Nature, Height/Weight/Scale, (basically any immutable value) etc. are all correlated to a specific RNG seed. While PKHeX cannot validate this properly and will flag them as legal even with no valid seed, other programs can validate Legends: Arceus seeds. 
For an example, see https://github.com/kwsch/EtumrepMMO

TLDR: If you're making or tampering with a Legends: Arceus Pokémon, making it shiny, have 6 perfect IVs, etc, it's illegal even if PKHeX shows it as legal.

Either upload legitimate, untouched pokemon, or figure out how to properly account for the RNG correlation when editing them.

Hi there. I don't plan to contribute the file I'm about to attach.    I just wanted your opinion on it because I think I understand what you're trying to say.  Is this one also illegal according to you? Again I will not submit it either way and I don't have any plans to keep asking questions like this.  I just need some feedback on whether the issue persists. 

Starly.pa8

For RNG methods that are too complex (typically usage of super long seeds), PKHeX don’t validate it’s legality. An example of not doing it I can think off, would be validating boxes of mons causing general slowdowns for the user. This isn’t uncommon; SWSH Max Raids/Dens could be validated individually too, but not done via PKHeX.

Any simple stat change or gender change would have resulted in a Legend Arceus Mon illegal, you just wouldn’t know it. And you’ve been told about that a few times now, so keep it in mind :)

I feel like there isn’t a need to keep asking about whether a mon is legal or illegal. Just submit purely legal Pokémon, basically ones that you caught normally with no cheats and extracted and made no changes, and don’t claim that changing stats would be “legal”, and you’re good.

(also it isn’t an issue; it’s just how PKHeX and RNG validation works.)

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

For RNG methods that are too complex (typically usage of super long seeds), PKHeX don’t validate it’s legality. An example of not doing it I can think off, would be validating boxes of mons causing general slowdowns for the user. This isn’t uncommon; SWSH Max Raids/Dens could be validated individually too, but not done via PKHeX.

Any simple stat change or gender change would have resulted in a Legend Arceus Mon illegal, you just wouldn’t know it. And you’ve been told about that a few times now, so keep it in mind :)

I feel like there isn’t a need to keep asking about whether a mon is legal or illegal. Just submit purely legal Pokémon, basically ones that you caught normally with no cheats and extracted and made no changes, and don’t claim that changing stats would be “legal”, and you’re good.

(also it isn’t an issue; it’s just how PKHeX and RNG validation works.)

II have no further questions.  Thank you for all your aid and I will remember what you said, The starly I attached was something I came across and did not change. That will be the case for PLA from now and on.