OT replaced with HOME when my pokemon are traded

NeonCandle

Hi. I'm trying to create a few pokemon from Go, more specifically shiny Mew and Celebi. Both are legal and work fine but when I trade them the OT is replaced with HOME. Tried with many different trainer names but it keeps happening over and over again. Is the OT being flagged because the Home tracker is empty? Or what is causing this?

edit: problem solved. My pokemon had extra bytes on their names. Thought pkhex cleared them automatically.

Edited by NeonCandle

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Perhaps. But also, GO mons can only first enter from GO. As GO validation shares the same block as SWSH, you could get around the validation by entering from SWSH first, but that’s provided the species even exists in SWSH.

Yes, I created them in SWSH (pk8). So the only way to keep the OT on a Go pokemon is by cloning an existing one with a valid tracker? I've seen some people on reddit and discord with the same problem.

20 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

How did you first deposit the Mew and Celebi into HOME. From which game, SWSH? BDSP?

Now talking about how you first created the mons. Talking about which games did they enter from.

They enter Home from Sword and never been on another game.

1 hour ago, NeonCandle said:

They enter Home from Sword and never been on another game.

How odd. Maybe it is related to the lack of tracker then.

Edit: maybe it is for new creations? My previous GO creations appear just fine when traded in HOME.

Probably that or you made bad hacks?

Edit2: In the mean time, @NeonCandle upload the pk8s

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

How odd. Maybe it is related to the lack of tracker then.

Edit: maybe it is for new creations? My previous GO creations appear just fine when traded in HOME.

Probably that or you made bad hacks?

Edit2: In the mean time, @NeonCandle upload the pk8s

Sure. Don't see what's wrong with it. PKhex says it's legal, the PID XOR is 0, SID is 0, IVs are ok, date is ok. Tried changing the OT, nature, TID, ivs, rerolling PID, but nothing works.

edit: problem solved. Had invisible bytes after the name. Using the clear trash option fixed it.

Edited by NeonCandle

8 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

The OT on your Celebi has extra hex values after the null terminator. It's shown that the OT Extra was originally edited from a 7 letter OT ending in the letter "i". Can you remove the extra hex and try to see if that works?

Wow thanks, it worked. Didn't know empty bytes were a thing. That's really weird. I took the base from the encounter database and never used an OT ending in "i".

1 hour ago, NeonCandle said:

Wow thanks, it worked. Didn't know empty bytes were a thing.

HOME checks for this, I’ve mentioned it in another thread. User had a foreign Omanyte with illegal trash bytes, and HOME won’t even allow it to be traded cause of that. So they check the entire OT and nickname fields. Always check trash bytes.