PKHeX 23.07.09

ReignOfComputer

PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

Version 23.06.03 of PKHeX has been released, now with more refined support for Home 3.0.0. There have been major under-the-hood changes from the previous release to account for Home's backward transfer paths. The full extent and writeup can be found over on this Pull Request.

As before, this version requires .NET 7 to run.

Take note that other related applications will still need time to update, and updated versions of ALM (PKHeX-Plugins) or SysBot may not be immediately available.

Change log:

23/07/09 - New Update:
 - Legality: Updated evolution checking algorithms to better identify game visitation. Thanks @Lusamine & @sora10pls !
 - - Added: HOME 3.0.0 move sharing logic for learning moves via HOME instead of in-game.
 - - Added: HOME 3.0.0 ball inheritance logic for breeding encounters for/from Scarlet/Violet.
 - - Added: GO Master Ball legality checks now allows Master Ball when encounter date & type permits.
 - - Added: GO encounters outside the availability window now display a detailed illegal message.
 - Added: Gen4/5 Geonet/Unity Tower editor. Thanks @abcboy101 !
 - Changed: Gen9 Tera Type icons now use higher quality sprites from HOME. Thanks @sora10pls !
 - Changed: Gen8a Move Shop editor GUI has been redesigned for a more visual experience.
 - Changed: Gen7b+ Height/Weight now show as gray whenever Scale takes precedence in sizing determinations.
 - Fixed: Batch Editor filters now work correctly for Box/Slot when using operators other than ! or =
 - Fixed: Gen7b Randomize IV/AV buttons now center correctly within the form.
 - Fixed: Gen7 Report grid now shows Resort (Poké Pelago) slots correctly.
 - Fixed: Gen6/7 Memory Editor now shows Country/Region visitation correctly.
 - Fixed: Gen6 Hall of Fame editor now keeps leading zeroes on the TID/SID entry fields.
 - Fixed: Gen5 unused second Roamer block editor editing now reads from the correct offsets. Thanks SaltedNeos !
 - Fixed: Gen4 Ranch checksums are now applied correctly again. Thanks @Zazsona !
 - Fixed: Gen3 adding Ferry Tickets no longer causes the program to error when your Key Items bag is full.
 - Fixed: Gen2 International Crystal saves now set the backup checksum to the correct offset. Thanks @Zazsona !

Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

View full article

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just downloaded this new version of PKHeX (23.07.09), then I went to check my Pokémon, and it seems that a few in-game trades from Gen3 are being flagged as illegal on BDSP, more specifically:

SKITIT the Skitty from Ruby/Sapphire

CH'DING the Farfetch'd from FireRed/LeafGreen

ESPHERE the Electrode from FireRed/LeafGreen

ZYNX the Jynx from FireRed/LeafGreen

MEOWOW the Meowth from Emerald

DOTS the Seedot from Emerald

They are all marked as illegal even if I try to generate them directly from the Encounter Database, most of them saying something Memory related, also the other in-game trades from Gen3 that are still legal will say that it was an Egg if you do the full legality check by holding CTRL and clicking the checkmark. Some of them that are available in SwSh or SV will show normally as legal in those saves, I think this issue is specific to BDSP and some of those species can only be transferred to BDSP for now.

EDIT: The Pokémon is only shown as illegal if transferred to a BDSP save or generated directly there.

0300 - SKITIT - E38B498A2E17.pb8

0300 - SKITIT - 6DD1498A2E17.pb8

Edited by Dragonfly10

Would also point out a weird issue with Gen5 species caught in Gen6, contest Ribbons makes them marked as illegal. For an example a Bisharp caught/bred in XYORAS with the Gen6 Contest Ribbons (Coolness Master, etc./Contest Star) is marked as illegal, but if I transfer it to Gen8 or Gen9, it shows as legal, and some people could say that it could be cause of BDSP contests, but Gen5 species are not available in those remakes, oddly enough, if a Bisharp caught/bred in BWB2W2 is transferred to Gen6 it can have the Ribbons with no problem.

6 minutes ago, Dragonfly10 said:

Would also point out a weird issue with Gen5 species caught in Gen6, contest Ribbons makes them marked as illegal. For an example a Bisharp caught/bred in XYORAS with the Gen6 Contest Ribbons (Coolness Master, etc./Contest Star) is marked as illegal, but if I transfer it to Gen8 or Gen9, it shows as legal, and some people could say that it could be cause of BDSP contests, but Gen5 species are not available in those remakes, oddly enough, if a Bisharp caught/bred in BWB2W2 is transferred to Gen6 it can have the Ribbons with no problem.

Gen6 contest ribbons depend on both visiting ORAS (eg can't be from XY with no Handling Trainer) as well as having OT Affection. Winning a contest in ORAS grants +20 affection to the OT Affection property, not to the current handler (game bug, never fixed). You likely are missing the affection value. It works in Gen8+ because the Affection property is no longer present in formats above Generation 7.

As for the Gen3 in-game trades, unable to replicate on either Gen3 or Gen4 formats; they are created and appear legal on the latest release (23.08.23). It makes it easy for me to try replicating your errors if you upload pk* files.

image.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, Kaphotics said:

As for the Gen3 in-game trades, unable to replicate on either Gen3 or Gen4 formats; they are created and appear legal on the latest release (23.08.23). It makes it easy for me to try replicating your errors if you upload pk* files.

Edited the previous post with pk* files.

Also, there's a different issue with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, species that are marked as illegal even though was caught properly, and I noticed why, while I was shiny hunting for a Squirtle on Routes 24 & 25, I actually tried doing a catch combo with Venonat first, then when a Venonat that spawns on Route 25 moves to Route 24 or vice-versa and I catch it, PKHeX marks it as illegal, understandable since in Route 25 the Venonat are level 15 and in Route 24 they are level 13, and I know that cause if I change the Met Location or the Level it shows as legal, but since it's possible for this to happen normally in-game, then I think that should have a fishy warning instead of illegal.

0049 - Venomoth - 392D6F072304.pb7

2 hours ago, Dragonfly10 said:

Edited the previous post with pk* files.

Also, there's a different issue with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, species that are marked as illegal even though was caught properly, and I noticed why, while I was shiny hunting for a Squirtle on Routes 24 & 25, I actually tried doing a catch combo with Venonat first, then when a Venonat that spawns on Route 25 moves to Route 24 or vice-versa and I catch it, PKHeX marks it as illegal, understandable since in Route 25 the Venonat are level 15 and in Route 24 they are level 13, and I know that cause if I change the Met Location or the Level it shows as legal, but since it's possible for this to happen normally in-game, then I think that should have a fishy warning instead of illegal.

0049 - Venomoth - 392D6F072304.pb7 260 B · 0 downloads

PKHeX does not handle "crossover" behavior for these encounters; nobody has documented the A<->B location bleed permissions or described if every single species/encounter-type is possible of bleed.

• Thanks 1