PKHeX question (regarding Evolutions)

I read the rules regarding what constitutes "cheating", so I am wondering if my potential usage would fall under that definition. Here is my issue:

I am currently playing Pokemon SoulSilver, and I have a Lv25 Onix, who is holding a Metal Coat. Unfortunately, the only known way to evolve Onix into Steelix is to trade him. However, there are no available ways to officially do this, as Nintendo shut down all known pre-G9 Pokemon online services years ago. Thus leaving only one potential trading method available: a second (3)DS and a copy of a G4 title. This is impractical for me, since I do not currently have access to either a second (3)DS or another copy of a G4 game. 

So, would either using PKHeX to modify the save file in order to evolve Onix, request assistance from staff regarding this issue, or write Steelix into the save file constitute "cheating"?

P.S. There is at least one other Pokemon in SoulSilver that requires trading in order for it to evolve.

Edited by King_Super_Scourge1987

2 hours ago, King_Super_Scourge1987 said:

I mean wouldn't really be cheating since as you said there isn't much option nowadays, plus you're evolving it into Steelix as intended, would be a different thing if you wanted to evolve your Onix into like Mewtwo or something like that.

Any modification to your save would be cheating per se, but it depends on whether the cheat is possible or impossible. Our stance is to not allow the usage of significantly hacked Pokémon against unsuspecting j players.

changing only species to something possible, let’s say Onix to Steelix (given that it meets evolution requirements), isn’t something that is significantly hacked, since you edited a value that is possible to acquire in-game.

An example of something not possible by the game (as in a change the game is unable to perform) would be changing from a non-shiny to a shiny [the games don’t modify PID of something already owned]