PKHeX cant inject changes

1 hour ago, sussy chicken nugget said:

Ok so I'm using visualboyadvance emulator for pokemon emerald. And I imported the .sav file, edited it, saved it back and loaded it in-game and it never works. It literally never works. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Mind uploading the save pre and post editing here?

15 minutes ago, sussy chicken nugget said:

Normal unedited save file:Pokémon Emerald.sav

Edited save file with PKHeX:Edited Pokemon Emerald.sav

Also im expecting that I did something wrong because overall im very new to this type of stuff

Okay just loaded them both on VBA, they both worked and were different though the edited one gave me a corrupted error.

How exactly are you loading the file after you've edited it?

1 hour ago, Desmondcsz said:

Okay just loaded them both on VBA, they both worked and were different though the edited one gave me a corrupted error.

How exactly are you loading the file after you've edited it?

File > Import > Battery File

Then I click on the file which leads to simply the original unedited file being loaded. 

3 hours ago, sussy chicken nugget said:

Indeed. That's how I save my game normally. (Like during my playthrough and stuff)

Yeah don’t use save states for the purposes of save editing. Actually save the game in-game normally, then close the emulator. Then use PKHeX to edit the save. Then reopen the emulator without using save states to load the save. It should open at your edited save.

14 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah don’t use save states for the purposes of save editing. Actually save the game in-game normally, then close the emulator. Then use PKHeX to edit the save. Then reopen the emulator without using save states to load the save. It should open at your edited save.

So I save the game noramlly without using a save state, exit, use PKHeX and modify the .sav file then enter the game again?

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm sorry, is the issue loading the save into PKHeX, or loading the save back into your game?

It loads into PKHeX just fine. (A lot of illegal stuff lol)
image.png

Loading the save back into the game, PKHeX loads it just fine.

(btw cuz its a rom im not really thinking of transferring it at all so illegal is fine)