Scarlet & Violet Once-in-a-lifetime ribbon

VioletBoy

Not sure if this is the right place for posting this. Apologies in advance if I made a mistake. As the title  suggests, I would like to know if anybody managed to properly gen a Pokemon with the once-in-a-lifetime ribbon. Whenever I set it from the ribbon editor, I get the alert saying it's invalid. When I transfer the save to my game the ribbon is not there. I was reading past discussions about ribbons in previous games and from what I understood, it has something to do with the extra bytes in the OT/Misc section. Now, the real question is... what would the extra bytes for this rare ribbon be? If anyone got a Pokemon with this ribbon through a surprise trade or hacking, I'd really appreciate getting the pk file of that Pokemon to see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance and happy holidays everybody.

This is incorrect. The ribbon does not appear to be obtainable, despite being described as being granted randomly via Surprise Trade. PKHeX flagging it as illegal is accurate, because it IS illegal until proven otherwise. Similarly to the Item Finder mark, the developers appear to have forgotten to code any way for it to be granted ingame.

Edited by Atrius97
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 12/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, Atrius97 said:

This is incorrect. The ribbon does not appear to be obtainable, despite being described as being granted randomly via Surprise Trade. PKHeX flagging it as illegal is accurate, because it IS illegal until proven otherwise. Similarly to the Item Finder mark, the developers appear to have forgotten to code any way for it to be granted ingame.

i think we need to wait in DLC 2 since in DLC 1 they input item finder ribbon