New Pokémon Game in Develoment (news from the front page)

codemonkey85

Just in case you didn't see the front page:

http://www.projectpokemon.org/news/150/New%20Pokémon%20Game%20in%20Develoment

So, what do you guys think? Personally I think this is Masuda's notion of a more action-y Pokémon game coming to fruition. Whether or not it's a spin-off game is anyone's guess, although they've never introduced "new Pokémon" in such a game, so... hmm.

FYI, normally I would expect the "News-Bot" to post this in the forums, but it didn't... possibly part of the changes from the site and forums upgrade? I dunno. So it seemed like this was the appropriate place to start a forums-based discussion... if I'm wrong, let me know, guys!

FYI, normally I would expect the "News-Bot" to post this in the forums, but it didn't... possibly part of the changes from the site and forums upgrade? I dunno. So it seemed like this was the appropriate place to start a forums-based discussion... if I'm wrong, let me know, guys!

The news bot was a poor-man's solution to not using a CMS that already allowed comments to news posts. Now that we do support them, we turned off that News Bot feature. Is there a particular reason, the discussion can't take place on the site? Hopefully not, that the site has no mobile theme.

Well, for one thing, the forums are (as far as I can tell) a much more robust platform for heavy discussion. I believe they are much more streamlined for message composition (for example, the comments box in the news article has way too many formatting buttons and other things if you want to just send up a quick reply). Plus, it doesn't seem like there are options for E-Mail notifications or anything for further replies.

However, if you wish me to delete this thread and continue discussion in the news page, I will comply. :D

Codemonkey, we can't forbid discussion here. But as Pory said, we should not have the discussion in two places. What I can do is have a thread created when a news article is approved and show the forum comments on the site.

Codemonkey, we can't forbid discussion here. But as Pory said, we should not have the discussion in two places. What I can do is have a thread created when a news article is approved and show the forum comments on the site.

That sounds like an excellent idea, as personally I think far fewer people (including myself) would be inclined to discuss things much over that kind of basic comment system. As Codemonkey says, the forum itself is a much more robust area for lengthy discussions.

As far as the news goes, I'm pretty excited about it. Can't wait until we hear more.