Help! PKHex doesnt recognize my Crystal rom!

LazyStinkyDog

So recently I started playing crystal again and I wanted to make some edits to my pokemon, however whenever I try to open my file PkHeX shows this --> https://imgur.com/a/FSJal0L

Originally I thought it was cause I was playing a rom hack (Pokemon Crystal251). I figured it was unlikely because it only added a couple npcs and such to make certain unobtainable pokemon obtainable but I decided maybe it was was worth checking. I eventually download 3 different crystal roms all of which opened, worked and had seemingly nothing wrong with them when I used my emulator, but none of them worked with PKHeX. At this point I thought "oh I guess crystal just doesn't work with PKHeX" but I wanted to be sure so I went searching and I found some people who had similar problems that eventually got fixed, none of them worked for me. I also found someones crystal save that was having these problems and got it fixed and when I went to open it, it Worked! So now I'm confused, is it just that all three roms I downloaded are no good or is there something else wrong with PKHex. Please Help.

Heres my Crystal save and my PKHeX Files

PokemonCrystal251.sav

I'm sorry, I don't quite get what your trying to say, because this is the in game save file. I clicked save in game and then opened the save file like I always do I didnt try to open a save state nor did I try to open the game itself, this is the ingame sav, Its always worked for, if I'm wrong and I'm supposed to open it some other please tell me because the first half of the answer before was confusing to me, again sorry that I don't understand what you mean.

1 hour ago, LazyStinkyDog said:

playing a rom hack (Pokemon Crystal251)

PKHeX does not support ROM hacks.

I force-loaded the save file, and the pokedex says you started with a Murkrow and have captured nothing else, and the boxes haven't been accessed in your 18 minutes of playtime.

If the ROM Hack has modified how the save file is stored, then PKHeX will not be able to recognize it even after you've access the storage boxes in-game.