Gen 3 RNG Eggs on Emulator, IV not matching

LilSmooshy

I'm RNG eggs on gen 3 Fire Red with an emulator with a Luascript to see my frame.

I'm using RNG Reporter to find the PID and frame with the initial seed and my TID/SID.

I'm hitting my frames and getting the PID for the shiny egg without issues.

However I'm noticing the IV's i get are different to what RNG reporter says they should be. The mon is still legal, I'm curious if the emulator is causing this issue, I've never had it before, and it's very consistent when RNG eggs on Fire Red.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

2 hours ago, LilSmooshy said:

I'm RNG eggs on gen 3 Fire Red with an emulator with a Luascript to see my frame.

I'm using RNG Reporter to find the PID and frame with the initial seed and my TID/SID.

I'm hitting my frames and getting the PID for the shiny egg without issues.

However I'm noticing the IV's i get are different to what RNG reporter says they should be. The mon is still legal, I'm curious if the emulator is causing this issue, I've never had it before, and it's very consistent when RNG eggs on Fire Red.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Are the parent IVs correct? On RNGreporter you have them as both all 31, but I somehow doubt that.

Any chance that the parents have some 30 and some 27 IVs?

22 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Are the parent IVs correct? On RNGreporter you have them as both all 31, but I somehow doubt that.

Any chance that the parents have some 30 and some 27 IVs?

The parents aren't legitimate, however they are 'legal'.

Would that cause a problem?

Edit-

On Pokefinder with the method  selected as 'mixed' the IV's match.

Edited by LilSmooshy
More information

Just now, theSLAYER said:

No them being legal won’t be a problem. Interestingly the screenshot you showed is for RNGreporter, yet you mentioned Pokefinder.

To be clear, every value you input matches what you’re doing? Like the initial seed, like the comparability of parents, like the IVs the parent have?

You are correct - I was initially using RNGreporter. I then double checked using Pokefinder, which has the option of changing the method. I changed it to 'mixed' and it showed the IV's to match the PID i hit, whereas RNG reporter showed different IV's for that PID.

Yes, my initial seed is correct, I make sure i input the new one each time I restart the game as shown in the luascript. The parents always are "the two seem to get along' I double check each time.

Is 'mixed method' common, I'm consistently getting it but only when RNG eggs.

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Can you show me the search via Pokefinder, but click 'Enable inheritance'?

I'm unsure of the Mixed method thing. I'm trying to look for it :/

One screen shot is without the inheritance and the second is. Another note is the frames are different between RNGreporter and Pokefinder, not by much.

But I am getting the same PID with those IV's

mixed.PNG

mixed 2.PNG

10 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

One screen shot is without the inheritance and the second is. Another note is the frames are different between RNGreporter and Pokefinder, not by much.

But I am getting the same PID with those IV's

mixed.PNG

mixed 2.PNG

I meant 'show inheritance' for your previous beedrill example, since that's what we're looking at.

Tho from this example, it looks like Pokefinder is more accurate than RNGReporter, since you're getting the exact values.

So you can continue to progress with Pokefinder, it looks like RNGreporter is just getting the numbers wrong.
Probably another reason (or maybe a consequence of) why it is a dropped project..

Regarding the method:
https://github.com/zaksabeast/PokemonRNGGuides/blob/main/guides/FireRed and LeafGreen/Egg RNG.md

It doesn't mention anything about the method, but it's using a normal one in the screenshot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I meant 'show inheritance' for your previous beedrill example, since that's what we're looking at.

Tho from this example, it looks like Pokefinder is more accurate than RNGReporter, since you're getting the exact values.

So you can continue to progress with Pokefinder, it looks like RNGreporter is just getting the numbers wrong.
Probably another reason (or maybe a consequence of) why it is a dropped project..

Regarding the method:
https://github.com/zaksabeast/PokemonRNGGuides/blob/main/guides/FireRed and LeafGreen/Egg RNG.md

It doesn't mention anything about the method, but it's using a normal one in the screenshot.

I'll keep using Pokefinder. I had no idea RNGreporter was a dropped project.

this is from https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/emerald_rng_part1 - Does this seem correct?

You might notice that, aside from the "A" and "B" values, the IVs generated for bred Pokémon match those generated for method 1 Pokémon. This is because the game uses method 1 to generate the Pokémon's IVs before it replaces them with the pre-set values from the parents. However, there are odd occasions when the game opts to either use a different method from method 1 to generate IVs, or assign "A" and "B" values in a different way. What exactly triggers this event is unknown, but most of the results have been documented.

While searching for spreads, you will notice that certain spreads have an "S" after their frame. This means the frame in question is what is known as a "split" spread. Split spreads earn their name because they get the first half of their IVs from the "normal" spread that occurs on that frame, and the second half of their IVs from the spread that follows (the IVs they inherit are taken from the spread that follows). This is due to being created by method 4, rather than method 1. While split spreads occur at the same time as their normal counterparts (for example, 943S occurs at the same time as 943). Split spreads are the most common non-traditional spreads that you will encounter, though there is no known way to hit them consistently, other than through trial and error.

Another less common anomaly is the game going into what is known as "Alternate Inheritance" mode. Alternate Inheritance mode causes the IVs inherited by the parents to shift backwards one frame. This means that the IVs passed from the parents on frame 943 when using the vanilla method 1 generation will be inherited on frame 942 in Alternate Inheritance mode. This completely changes what spreads are viable; better spreads may occur with shorter wait times, and different parents than usual. However, Alternate Inheritance mode is very unorthodox in its appearances; when it occurs, it will be the method of IV generation for an indefinite amount of time, liable to disappear without notice. For this reason, it is best not to aim for an Alternate Inheritance spread right away; wait until you see different IVs being inherited to take advantage of it.

2 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

I'll keep using Pokefinder. I had no idea RNGreporter was a dropped project.

this is from https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/emerald_rng_part1 - Does this seem correct?

You might notice that, aside from the "A" and "B" values, the IVs generated for bred Pokémon match those generated for method 1 Pokémon. This is because the game uses method 1 to generate the Pokémon's IVs before it replaces them with the pre-set values from the parents. However, there are odd occasions when the game opts to either use a different method from method 1 to generate IVs, or assign "A" and "B" values in a different way. What exactly triggers this event is unknown, but most of the results have been documented.

While searching for spreads, you will notice that certain spreads have an "S" after their frame. This means the frame in question is what is known as a "split" spread. Split spreads earn their name because they get the first half of their IVs from the "normal" spread that occurs on that frame, and the second half of their IVs from the spread that follows (the IVs they inherit are taken from the spread that follows). This is due to being created by method 4, rather than method 1. While split spreads occur at the same time as their normal counterparts (for example, 943S occurs at the same time as 943). Split spreads are the most common non-traditional spreads that you will encounter, though there is no known way to hit them consistently, other than through trial and error.

Another less common anomaly is the game going into what is known as "Alternate Inheritance" mode. Alternate Inheritance mode causes the IVs inherited by the parents to shift backwards one frame. This means that the IVs passed from the parents on frame 943 when using the vanilla method 1 generation will be inherited on frame 942 in Alternate Inheritance mode. This completely changes what spreads are viable; better spreads may occur with shorter wait times, and different parents than usual. However, Alternate Inheritance mode is very unorthodox in its appearances; when it occurs, it will be the method of IV generation for an indefinite amount of time, liable to disappear without notice. For this reason, it is best not to aim for an Alternate Inheritance spread right away; wait until you see different IVs being inherited to take advantage of it.

that sounds like it. Tho in that case, it sounds like you should be aiming for normal