Gen 2 JPN Event Project

PLAFiles

I noticed there are literally zero Japanese Gen 2 events listed on the Event Gallery. Would anyone else be interested in trying to find these legitimate events by buying the official Japanese Gen 2 cartridges and just searching through them? You can buy them for next-to-nothing at the below URL (I have 15 carts on the way at the moment). Really trying to get some Gen 2 Events here and contribute.

List of the event Pokemon: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_II)

-link removed-

20 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Probably because most if not all Gen 2 carts are dead by now. They were only preserved save backups or fancy battery replacement. 

FYI we probably shouldn’t link to places where people have to buy stuff. Can end badly. Won’t want that on our heads.

Maybe I am lucky with my cartridges then because none of mine have died yet and I bought them all within the same month of original release (U.S.). Interesting.

3 hours ago, PLAFiles said:

Maybe I am lucky with my cartridges then because none of mine have died yet and I bought them all within the same month of original release (U.S.). Interesting.

No offence, but (x) to doubt. Maybe you’ve not played a lot on them on something? Maybe one more intensive play and they’re dead. Anyway not here to discuss about this so let’s leave it at that.

In any case Gen 1 and Gen 2 events don’t have enough unique data points to truly be able to tell they’re the real deal. If we had the distribution hardware or software, at least we can sus the mon out based on generation protocols, but that probably would not be the case for Japanese Gen 2 events.

lastly, Gen 1 and Gen 2 events just ain’t unique enough, and they can’t carry whatever made them special forward. Heck, without hacking, you can’t even bring them into present Gen. there’s just too many factors against them. Might be nice to collectors to “own them”, but they’ll be forgotten real quick, for other more unique collection items.