Trading from 3ds to PC

GlassWolf

Hi guys, new here. Not sure if I'm posting this into the right place, but I wanted to see if I could get help for my specific issue rather than the generalized stuff I've been finding.

I have a 3DS that I'm at the moment playing VirtualConsole Crystal on. I am trying to find out if there is any way to trade from Crystal to a PC (maybe VBA Crystal via Raspberry Pi or something) to evolve my Pokemon. I keep seeing people show all kinds of methods for trade from gen2 to gen3 to gen 7 etc, but not specifically 3ds - PC, Gen2 to Gen2.

Thanks!

Is your 3DS modded? If so, just backup the Crystal SAV with something like Checkpoint and then use a SD-to-PC USB stick to get your 3DS' SD card loaded on your PC. Then, edit the SAV file with PKHeX, overwrite the old SAV file with the new one once you make whatever changes you want, then put the SD back into your 3DS and open up Checkpoint again to restore the new SAV file.

If you want simple trading from 3DS to PC, not sure.

7 minutes ago, GlassWolf said:

Simple trading would be the most preferable, but I understand if it's not possible. So with editing the SAV file, would that be possible with the SD card WITHOUT modding my 3ds?

I don't believe so because you need to use the Checkpoint program (or similar) to back the SAV up.

Edited by PLAFiles

Saves on the SD card are naturally console encrypted. Furthermore, you can’t load back an older version of the save; the internal memory of the 3DS keeps track of versions of the save, and prevents you from loading back an older version.

To avoid all of that, the simplest method (and also one we can explain to newbies easily) is for you to extract the save with CFW + homebrew.

and in case it hasn’t been mentioned enough, you can’t trade from 3DS to PC.

• Like 1