Brand New SAV Has Ton Of Random Pokemon?

PLAFiles

On 2/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, theSLAYER said:

Not Pokédex, in your Box.

Oh wow, yes actually. Tons of names in Japanese (that I can't read) and they're levels 170, 168, 170, 11, etc. I'm noticing anytime I'm pressing A or B while in the PC, it either won't do anything or it totally glitches the game out. 

Like just now, I just kept pressing A and now my game screen turned a super dark Red color and froze. Any way to fix corruption like that? Because this happened on a brand new save file. Not sure if the previous save file (with all 8 Badges) was glitched out or not and that somehow carried into a new save file or what.

Edited by PLAFiles

1 hour ago, PLAFiles said:

Oh wow, yes actually. Tons of names in Japanese (that I can't read) and they're levels 170, 168, 170, 11, etc. I'm noticing anytime I'm pressing A or B while in the PC, it either won't do anything or it totally glitches the game out. 

Like just now, I just kept pressing A and now my game screen turned a super dark Red color and froze. Any way to fix corruption like that? Because this happened on a brand new save file. Not sure if the previous save file (with all 8 Badges) was glitched out or not and that somehow carried into a new save file or what.

Seems like the save glitched out. Maybe try using the reader to completely delete your save. I’ve had similar stuff happen to my Crystal save before (mons appeared in my PC, and the corruption spread, overwriting other PC slots), and even wiping the save in-game carried the glitchiness over to a new save.

Tho, if wiping the save using the reader didn’t fix it, then it’s possibly a cart issue.

[to elaborate, I originally gave up a PC box to corruption, and it stayed for a while. Like I was able to play normally after forsaking that one box. But eventually I noticed some mons going missing, as tho the corruption spread]

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Tho, if wiping the save using the reader didn’t fix it, then it’s possibly a cart issue.

Ok, just tried wiping the cart via the cart dumper, started new game, saved game, dumped the SAV, and looks like there's no more random Pokémon in my PC boxes or anything. Cool.

5 hours ago, PLAFiles said:

Ok, just tried wiping the cart via the cart dumper, started new game, saved game, dumped the SAV, and looks like there's no more random Pokémon in my PC boxes or anything. Cool.

Cool, just keep an eye if it happens again down the road. Barring the fact that the game had a glitch that involved save the wiping, it could have happened cause the cart is old and have issues writing the save or overwriting parts of the partition.