From Virtual Console's Emerald to Pokemon X or higher

Code Witcher

1 hour ago, Code Witcher said:

Is this actually possible? I read on the nintendo's support page, and 3rd gen games are not included, and I wonder why, everything else is...

Considering that gen 3 games were never released as virtual counsel games this isn’t possible since Pokémon Bank would never receive an update to connect to a game that was never a thing for the counsel. Now assuming you have the gen 3 games on your 3DS as virtual counsel games then that means your 3DS is hacked. So in that cases dump the Emerald save and the X save and use PKHeX to transfer your Emerald Pokémon to your X save. Then you can transfer them to the later gens be normal means.

• Like 1
  • Speechless 1

Oh wow... I didn't know those games were not officially virtual console games... alright, so what software do you use to dump the savs? checkpoint or which ones are there?
And lastly, is there a section on the forum where everything that exists out there is explained, like recommended homebrew and so on.

Thank you Poke J, this is relieving.

14 minutes ago, Code Witcher said:

Oh wow... I didn't know those games were not officially virtual console games... alright, so what software do you use to dump the savs? checkpoint or which ones are there?
And lastly, is there a section on the forum where everything that exists out there is explained, like recommended homebrew and so on.

Thank you Poke J, this is relieving.

I like using Checkpoint to dump saves; however, I’ve never played a custom Virtual Counsel game before, but I believe that Checkpoint should still do the trick. The last part of you post isn’t very specific so I’ll do my best to answer. No there isn’t a sticky that states which games where released. No we don’t have a sticky with all Homebrew applications made since this forum isn’t a Homebrew community/support forum. There might be a sticky that lists recommended tools to dump saves, but I’m not too certain.

• Thanks 1

Modding and steps are fine, but piracy stuff is not. I’m guessing you’re more aligned with that.

After all, there’s no such thing as VC Emerald (at the time of writing).

Ignoring that, it should be easy

1. Export Emerald save
2. Export X save
3. Open 2 PKHeX windows
4. load Emerald in one, load X in the other
5. drag mons from Emerald window into X window
6. Export edited X save from PKHeX
7. import the edited save into X game
8. profit. 

• Like 1