Using PKHeX to retrieve pokemon from Roms and transfer through bank to home.

ForTheWin00

So my goal is to get a living dex in home. I have ORAS, Ultra Sun, and Pokemon X for my 3ds and sure I can between the three games catch most of the mons I need and use PKHeX for any unobtainable mons. But I do want to try and collect all pre gen 8 mons as legit as possible. So far I've only used PKHeX for mythical events that aren't available anymore.

So on to my question, If I load up a Rom for say SoulSilver/HeartGold or Emerald and run a playthrough on my pc and then take the save file afterwards into PKHeX and copy the pokemon from there and just directly put them into my ORAS game, and then load bank and upload them to HOME, would this theoretically work?

If I need to Gen any mons between pre ORAS Gen do I need to do anything specific? Most of the time if I gen a pokemon I use the encounter Database to make the most legit mon I can. I reroll the PID and Encryption Constant before I ever inject the mons. I don't care to use PKHeX for shinies or anything either. 

Just simply want to know if I'll run into any problems taking my rom mons from previous generations and for the most part copying them exactly as they are caught over to ORAS so I can import to bank. And if I need to gen a mon for any reason from those generations what I need to know. I read somewhere that pre gen 4 things get trickier? 

38 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

If I load up a Rom for say SoulSilver/HeartGold or Emerald and run a playthrough on my pc and then take the save file afterwards into PKHeX and copy the pokemon from there and just directly put them into my ORAS game, and then load bank and upload them to HOME, would this theoretically work?

I'm asumming the ROM is your own backup. Yes. to keep it legal, make sure they do not have weird characters in the nickname and OT.
PKHeX presently has issues translating those to different gens, and is working on it. So one way around it is to use plain simple names.

38 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

If I need to Gen any mons between pre ORAS Gen do I need to do anything specific? Most of the time if I gen a pokemon I use the encounter Database to make the most legit mon I can. I reroll the PID and Encryption Constant before I ever inject the mons. I don't care to use PKHeX for shinies or anything either. 

Yes. Gen 3 and Gen 4 have a known PIDIV(etc) relationship, and Gen 5 have certain PID to OT gender relationship.
However, with current model of PKHeX, it would flag you if it's illegal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm asumming the ROM is your own backup. Yes. to keep it legal, make sure they do not have weird characters in the nickname and OT.
PKHeX presently has issues translating those to different gens, and it working on it. So one way around it is to use plain simple names.

Yes. Gen 3 and Gen 4 have a known PIDIV(etc) relationship, and Gen 5 have certain PID to OT gender relationship.
However, with current model of PKHeX, it would flag you if it's illegal.

Thank you for your help! :)