Are hacked ribbons recognizable in the meta data of .pkmn files?

Farfetchd

I'm doing a Ribbon Master challenge right now, but I'm kinda stuck in Gen4. I've tried a bunch of times and multiple tutorials to connect to fan-made server for the Wi-Fi battle tower but it just won't work.

I've achieved this ribbon legitimately back when the WFC was still online, and I just wanna move on (I got all the other ones), so I wouldn't feel SUPER morally bad about just slapping it on my RM via PkHex (especially since I'm not using it online or trading it, it's just for me) , BUT I am obsessive over my Pokemon being exactly as the games would make them (as in, down to the hex code), and if it isn't "in line" anymore then I don't really want it.

I know there's some stuff about bytes and bits with ribbons in Gen3 and that every Pokemon has a hex code, of course. I was wondering if just checking a ribbon on a Pokemon is recognizable if someone where to go through the code of the file? Or does PkHex change and flick EVERYTHING to be in order and proper? I'm not sure ribbons even have such widespread effect and event flags etc. I know that this isn't legitimate anyways, it's just for my own sake of mind. 

Edited by Farfetchd

meta data of .pkmn files?

1. If you're playing legitimately, or if people expect you to, then you/them shouldn't be able to view them as files.
2. Where is this meta data you speak of?

9 minutes ago, Farfetchd said:

I know that this isn't legitimate anyways, it's just for my own sake of mind. 

if you're doing this just for your own sake, and you don't care about legitimacy.. then..
this line of questioning is goes against what you claim.

In any case, it's probably fine. I'm not gonna jump through hoops to convince you it's fine. I recall it not being easy the last time round I tried to do so.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1. If you're playing legitimately, or if people expect you to, then you/them shouldn't be able to view them as files.
2. Where is this meta data you speak of?

1. I know, it's more of a peace of mind kinda thing.

2. Well, maybe I'm using the term wrong. I figured this would be the appropriate umbrella term for all the various things you can see in PkHex, from memories to medals, to met data, to relearn moves and such. Like I said, if ribbons in gen3 affect the bits/bytes of Pokemon I would at least imaaagine that the more sophisticated files of later gens are more thorough?

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

if you;re doing this just for your own sake, and you don't care about legitimacy.. then..
this line of questioning is goes against what you claim.

In any case, it's probably fine. I'm not gonna jump through hoops to convince you it's fine. I recall it not being easy the last time round I tried to do so.

No no, I didn't say I don't care about legitimacy. I definitely have my own personal definition of what's permissable, but for example, if a Pokemon has bytes in its data that would be incorrect due to this process then for me PERSONALLY it'd ruin it. Like, as long as it doesn't affect others, for me convenience cheating is okay, but only if its within the boundaries of what the game would make anyways. It's just my own personal hang up.

And if you mean the gen3-specific topic from last time, I remember that and I believe you, but since this is about gen4, I wanted to ask again to be sure nothing changed.

Edited by Farfetchd

7 minutes ago, Farfetchd said:

1. I know, it's more of a peace of mind kinda thing.

2. Well, maybe I'm using the term wrong. I figured this would be the appropriate umbrella term for all the various things you can see in PkHex, from memories to medals, to met data, to relearn moves and such. Like I said, if ribbons in gen3 affect the bits/bytes of Pokemon I would at least imaaagine that the more sophisticated files of later gens are more thorough?

I guess you missed my edit in the previous post.

Long story short, it's usually not the program at fault, but the user.
Based on your line of questioning, I'm guessing you may consider showing off to others or something. Well, whatever the case, if it's just harmless showcasing (not selling nor impacting others gameplay), research all the details about getting the ribbons and get each part of your story straight.

Like I said, it's usually the user who is at fault. Maybe they put implausible dates. Or have the wrong timeline/order of acquiring the ribbon, or misunderstand some crucial fact, maybe they place some other stat that makes the mon look sus etc.

Nothing much to say besides that.

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I guess you missed my edit in the previous post.

Long story short, it's usually not the program at fault, but the user.
Based on your line of questioning, I'm guessing you may consider showing off to others or something. Well, whatever the case, if it's just harmless showcasing (not selling nor impacting others gameplay), research all the details about getting the ribbons and get each part of your story straight.

Like I said, it's usually the user who is at fault. Maybe they put implausible dates. Or have the wrong timeline/order of acquiring the ribbon, or misunderstand some crucial fact etc.

Nothing much to say besides that.

I didn't! :) 

I'll probably show my friends once I'm done, yes, but that isn't what I'm worried about. It's really just a very individual hang-up. But so if I understand you correctly, then ribbons don't have any impact on that super in-depth scale anymore, so it should be fine. It's only for this one ribbon and I know how I could technically get it if the dns stuff worked for me.

Thanks!

Edited by Farfetchd