Black/White: Meloetta [Solved]

urbanxx001

Hi, not sure if these are known, but I found two oddities that might be worth looking into. When selecting "Complete Dex" in PKHeX and then opening the dex in-game, Meloetta's sprite is glitched out and checking the dex entry crashes the game. Her color palette also changes each time you check it. I'm not sure what parameters caused this (pirouette form?), especially since the other legendaries appear fine. I do have the dex upgrade that allows you to see different forms.

The second came as a result of that. Apparently you can't reactivate the Zorua event in Castelia even if you didn't save. I was hoping an event flag could be added to the others in PKHeX to reactivate it. 

meloetta.PNG

Edited by urbanxx001

12 hours ago, urbanxx001 said:

Hi, not sure if these are known, but I found two bugs for B/W that might be worth looking into. When selecting "Complete Dex" in PKHeX and then opening the dex in-game, Meloetta's sprite is glitched out and checking the dex entry crashes the game. Her color palette also changes each time you check it. I'm not sure what parameters caused this (pirouette form?), especially since the other legendaries appear fine. I do have the dex upgrade that allows you to see different forms.

The second came as a result of that. Apparently, due to a brilliant oversight by Gamefreak, you can't reactivate the Zorua event in Castelia even if you didn't save. I was hoping an event flag could be added to the others in PKHeX to reactivate it. 

meloetta.PNG

1) Regarding Meloetta:
I think this is an artifact of the ROM you're playing.
Mine is fine with complete Pokedex:
image.png

Consider uploading your save for us to check.
(and you may wanna consider redumping your ROM)

2) Regarding Zorua:
I've heard of the Zoroark oversight in B2W2, not the Zorua oversight in BW.
In any case, it'll take me a while to get to that spot in game, probably.

And in any case, make sure your Celebi has the correct met location to trigger the event.

So I've reached the Zorua spot.
To redo the event, Unset 0729, unset 0730, change constant 199 to 0.
Ensure your Celebi has the right met location in PKHeX
image.png

edit:
Additionally, i tested your claim on you can't reactivate the Zorua event in Castelia even if you didn't save, and there wasn't such a thing.
Here's what I did:
1) Spoke with the boy (who then transformed into Zorua)
2) Received Zorua
3) Soft reset the game without saving. (because apparently the saving part was the part you had contention with).
4) Was able to receive Zorua. (because.. that's how the game works?)

• Like 1

Ah apologies I just checked my living dex and zorua was there 😅 most special events were unsaved after crashing so I thought they were all affected. I'll retitle the post to just meloetta. Would've been crazy if Celebi's met location changed without saving, but I fully believed it. I'll try redumping my rom, thanks! Save file attached.

Pokemon - White Version (USA, Europe).dsv

• urbanxx001 changed the title to Black/White Bug: Meloetta
12 hours ago, urbanxx001 said:

Ah apologies I just checked my living dex and zorua was there 😅 most special events were unsaved after crashing so I thought they were all affected. I'll retitle the post to just meloetta. Would've been crazy if Celebi's met location changed without saving, but I fully believed it. I'll try redumping my rom, thanks! Save file attached.

Pokemon - White Version (USA, Europe).dsv 512.12 kB · 0 downloads

I can confirm that your Meloetta appeared wonky in my game.

It appears I fixed it by simply selecting a Displayed form.
image.png

It appears to happen when a Displayed form ain't selected. Same thing happens to Giratina:
image.png

I guess the game simply doesn't know what to display, when a displayed form isn't selected.

• Like 1

• urbanxx001 changed the title to Black/White: Meloetta [Solved]