Do bites relating to older generations carry into the data structure of pkmn files in later games?

Farfetchd

I came across this article on Bulbapedia: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_substructures_(Generation_III)#Ribbons_and_Obedience

I never knew that ribbons affect the bites in a Pokemon like this. I was wondering what happens if you use a save editor to give a Pokemon a Ribbon. Does PkHeX automatically change the bites to match the Ribbon? Does the bite change once you boot up the game, because it forces itself to make those frame data match what the coarser information is?

Also what happens in later games, like say the 3DS games or the Switch games? Are these things scrubbed similarly to how name trashbytes are deleted entirely once Pokemon go into Bank?

Or, I guess, to put it simply: If I put ribbons on a Pokemon in Gen 3, and then transfer them all the way up to Gen 8, would there be a way to see that it's illegitimate if someone had access to the pkmn file?

"bites"? did you mean bytes? or bits? ;3

All joshing aside, If I recall correctly, that substructure only applies to Gen 3, and not retained in Gen 4.
PKHeX simulates how the ribbons are brought forward, so even if the ribbon specific bits/bytes aren't used in later gens (in the same manner), the mon will retain those ribbons.

Or, I guess, to put it simply: If I put ribbons on a Pokemon in Gen 3, and then transfer them all the way up to Gen 8, would there be a way to see that it's illegitimate if someone had access to the pkmn file?

Probably not. Contextually people may be able to work out if it's plausible, yadda yadda.
Whether is it readily apparent, depends on your story and what other details are on the mon.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:56 AM, theSLAYER said:

"bites"? did you mean bytes? or bits? ;3

All joshing aside, If I recall correctly, that substructure only applies to Gen 3, and not retained in Gen 4.
PKHeX simulates how the ribbons are brought forward, so even if the ribbon specific bits/bytes aren't used in later gens (in the same manner), the mon will retain those ribbons.

Probably not. Contextually people may be able to work out if it's plausible, yadda yadda.
Whether is it readily apparent, depends on your story and what other details are on the mon.

Whoops. Me no speak computerino :| ;_; 

Thank you! I figured that even if the exact system was scrapped, the data structure probably would still have a flag for ribbons, and I was wondering if PKHeX would change these accordingly. 

What do you mean by contextually? Stuff like the possible dates of seeds that align with the IVs and condition stats, for example looking strange in conjunction with contest ribbons or wifi ribbons, maybe?

Just now, Farfetchd said:

Thank you! I figured that even if the exact system was scrapped, the data structure probably would still have a flag for ribbons, and I was wondering if PKHeX would change these accordingly. 

I can't say for certain it doesn't miss anything, cause I don't try to get ribbon master mons (for example), but everything else seems to pass, both my experience and other players experiences..

1 minute ago, Farfetchd said:

What do you mean by contextually? Stuff like the possible dates of seeds that align with the IVs and condition stats, for example looking strange in conjunction with contest ribbons or wifi ribbons, maybe?

Something like that.
People could argue you can't get the Wifi ribbons if you only played that game recently (since the proper Wifi service shutdown), for example. As I said, it depends on your story. You don't expect me to run through every detail of every ribbon, right? ><