I've been fiddling around with SkyTemple lately and I decided to make a short ROM hack out of it! The story is based on a very basic one-shot a friend of mine mastered to test out a PMD tabletop RPG we're playing 😄

I made this mostly to test out SkyTemple and have a bit of fun with it, so it's really short - you can complete it in about five minutes. The good thing is that this means it's complete! You can easily play it from beginning to end.

Attached here is the xdelta patch (to be applied on a US ROM of Explorers of Sky) as well as a few screenshots!

-

EDIT: Due to the newly published hack showcase, I added a few more links!

A full playthrough of my hack

My Twitter account (I won't talk about the hack there, but it is the best place to contact me)

You can also contact me on Discord - I'm Miju (20)#1148

chip__1.png

chip__2.png

chip__3.png

chip.xdelta

Edited by Miju
Put higher-quality screenshots and updated the patch with a minor fix

On 1/11/2021 at 8:29 PM, kkzero said:

Not bad for such a short hack. Hoping to see more elaborate PMD hacks like this surface soon now that SkyTemple's been out.

Thank you! I hope so too :D

On 1/11/2021 at 8:29 PM, kkzero said:

By the way, if anyone got a checksum mismatch while patching to a clean US ROM (CRC32 of 22DDE080, xdelta UI threw an error), try RHDN's patcher, it worked for me.

Someone else was having trouble with it as well, so I made a new patch that should work better with xdelta now!