Is it possible to transfer save data between hacked/clean Switch?

Like, if I download Pokemon Shield on hacked Switch, beat the game and whatnot, etc....can I then buy the game on my clean Switch and transfer that save data over without any ban risk?

Was thinking of doing this for Mario All-Stars...

I think you can only do this between two hacked switch. 

You can transfer the account and data between two console legally, but that needs you to be connected to Nintendo Servers into both the consoles. And this may result in a ban of the hacked switch.

By the way, there is no ban report only for running Homebrew like Save Managers in a clean SysNand.

Edited by SkyLink98

I can't say whether this method is "devoid of ban risks", but you can transfer the save from one Switch to another, provided you also share the same user accounts between both Switches.

To do that, you will need a Nintendo Account tied to the user profile, which means the hacked Switch will need to go online.

Once that is done, you can keep transferring saves between a shared user profile on both Switches.
Those transfers are done locally.

16 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Once that is done, you can keep transferring saves between a shared user profile on both Switches.
Those transfers are done locally.

These transfers can be repeated in indefinite number of times, too. Just be careful what you cross to the stock Switch. 

yeah. I've used the Official Nintendo method to transfer saves between my CFW and OFW devices before.
Tho of course, I don't do illegal nonsense using my devices, so supposedly that helps to mitigate the ban risk. But I can't say that for everyone, so as said above, just be careful with what you do, and only you yourself shall be held liable for your actions.

• 5 months later...

I may be a little late, but does this process still work? When trying to transfer from my CFW Switch to my OFW Switch Lite, it ask's for a internet connection, and when i turned on the internet connection, i just got an error message.

For a little context, this was what i was doing:

1. Have a CFW Switch and OFW Switch Lite with my legit Pokemon Shield save

2. Transfered the save to my CFW Switch, backed up the save, and used pkhex to give me the maximum amout of every item

3. Note: This worked for the save in atmosphere, i saw the items, but when booting in OFW the save state was back to normal. Guess this might have been obvious for someone more knowledgable then me, but i have no clue about the inner workings of CFW, not mentioning my poor english.

4. Using OFW to send the save to my legit Lite, ofc sending the old state but what did i know

5. Tried sending the state from CFW to OFW, but this either required internet connection or gave me an error message.

This is where i am now. I would be glad for some clarification or tips on what to do next.

10 minutes ago, dank-slowbro said:

I may be a little late, but does this process still work?

If you do it correctly, yes.

10 minutes ago, dank-slowbro said:

3. Note: This worked for the save in atmosphere, i saw the items, but when booting in OFW the save state was back to normal. Guess this might have been obvious for someone more knowledgable then me, but i have no clue about the inner workings of CFW, not mentioning my poor english.

erm, if you launch your save backing up homebrew (Checkpoint, JKSM etc) in Emunand, and proceeded to restore the save, it should not affect the save in your Sysnand.

You're speaking as tho restoring the save via CFW + Emunand would magically carry the save into Sysnand.
Granted, while there are some situations that that may work, it isn't suppose to work that way.

If you want to restore your save to your Sysnand, launch CFW on your Sysnand.

21 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

erm, if you launch your save backing up homebrew (Checkpoint, JKSM etc) in Emunand, and proceeded to restore the save, it should not affect the save in your Sysnand.

You're speaking as tho restoring the save via CFW + Emunand would magically carry the save into Sysnand.
Granted, while there are some situations that that may work, it isn't suppose to work that way.

If you want to restore your save to your Sysnand, launch CFW on your Sysnand.

i just now understand the very function of emunand, emulating (or simulating) a fake sysnand, so the real one stays untouched. Just read a guide what these terms actually mean and yea, stupid me thought i had this all figuered out.

Thanks a lot for your quick and very helpfull respone, it worked btw!

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 4:02 PM, theSLAYER said:

yeah. I've used the Official Nintendo method to transfer saves between my CFW and OFW devices before.
Tho of course, I don't do illegal nonsense using my devices, so supposedly that helps to mitigate the ban risk. But I can't say that for everyone, so as said above, just be careful with what you do, and only you yourself shall be held liable for your actions.

Hi, you said that you used the official nintendo method. This means that your CFW was unbanned right? Because if it was banned this wouldn't be possible AFAIK. I would be very interested in a way to transfer save files from a banned CFW switch to a clean OFW switch...

1 hour ago, Epeic said:

Hi, you said that you used the official nintendo method. This means that your CFW was unbanned right? Because if it was banned this wouldn't be possible AFAIK. I would be very interested in a way to transfer save files from a banned CFW switch to a clean OFW switch...

Yes unbanned. IIRC the system is checked online before the save is transferred locally.
As such, it would not work in regards to transferring a save from a banned CFW Switch to an unbanned OFW Switch.