Jump to content

"SOLVED" cfw switch local communication not working


skyline29
 Share

Recommended Posts

On my cfw switch how can I get the pokemon I gen from pkhex onto my non cfw legit switch? I have separate accounts on them and never use the cfw switch online it's always in airplane mode, I tried the local trade but it doesn't work, my non cfw switch won't find my cfw switch even when i use the 90dns it still won't find the consoles, any help please? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe you the game on one Switch is updated, and not updated on the other?
You need to be on the same game update in order to be able to trade.

There's probably files with game updates out there, but I cannot direct you where to find it.

my shield (hacked cfw switch) is on the same version as the sword which is on my non cfw so the latest one i think is 1.1.1 on both

Edited by skyline29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

my shield (hacked cfw switch) is on the same version as the sword which is on my non cfw so the latest one i think is 1.1.1 on both

"I think" isn't good enough. Can you check for sure? :/

Cause this has nothing to do with hacked and non-hacked Switch. I know for a fact that those can trade (I have a hacked and non-hacked Switch).

Check game version and system firmware version. :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

"I think" isn't good enough. Can you check for sure? :/

Cause this has nothing to do with hacked and non-hacked Switch. I know for a fact that those can trade (I have a hacked and non-hacked Switch).

Check game version and system firmware version. :3

I can confirm both are versions 1.1.1 on the shield (hacked) and the sword (non hacked) both switches are on the latest software versions as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skyline29 said:

I can confirm both are versions 1.1.1 on the shield (hacked) and the sword (non hacked) both switches are on the latest software versions as well

Then that should not affect local trades. I'm the opposite of you (Sword Switch Hacked, Shield Switch CFW), and I've been able to trade.

The one key difference is I don't use 90DNS (I bring my CFW Switch online at times lol), and I doubt adding that would cause it to not trade locally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Then that should not affect local trades. I'm the opposite of you (Sword Switch Hacked, Shield Switch CFW), and I've been able to trade.

The one key difference is I don't use 90DNS (I bring my CFW Switch online at times lol), and I doubt adding that would cause it to not trade locally.

I tried that as well not using the 90DNS and still won't work, is there any other way to trade the pokemon over to my non hacked switch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

I tried that as well not using the 90DNS and still won't work, is there any other way to trade the pokemon over to my non hacked switch?

Maybe there's something wrong with your Switch settings, or your Switch's wireless card itself, or the save itself.
(Also possible that yoru non-hacked Switch is the problem. Check if it can go online, to narrow down which device is the problem)
Check those points individually, to find the root cause of the problem.


Besides sending the save to someone else in hopes they trade you the mon (but who wants to risk their hacked Switch really),
the only other thing you can do is to find and solve the root cause of the problem.
If you don't solve it, your hacked Switch won't be able to trade.

The save is probably the easiest to test.
Create a new user profile on the CFW Switch, play through the game till you get the Y-comm (no hacking at all!),
then initiate a trade and try to see if your non-hacked Switch can see the save.

If your hacked Switch could communicate locally, just that the save WAS the problem,
(not recommended) you can send the save over to the non-hacked Switch (transfer user profile locally),
then use Pokémon HOME to move the mons from one game to another.

Alternatively, now that you know the other profile can trade,
use PKHeX to transfer the mons to that save, and see if you can trade from that profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe there's something wrong with your Switch settings, or your Switch's wireless card itself, or the save itself.
(Also possible that yoru non-hacked Switch is the problem. Check if it can go online, to narrow down which device is the problem)
Check those points individually, to find the root cause of the problem.


Besides sending the save to someone else to hope they trade you the mon (but who wants to risk their hacked Switch really),
the only other thing you can do is solve the root cause of the problem.
If you don't solve it, your hacked Switch won't be able to trade.

The save is probably the easiest to test.
Create a new user profile on the CFW Switch, play through the game till you get the Y comm (no hacking at all!),
then initiate a trade and try to see if your non-hacked Switch can see the save.

If your hacked Switch could communicate locally, just that the save WAS the problem,
(not recommended) you can send the save over to the non-hacked Switch (transfer user profile locally),
then use Pokémon HOME to move the mons from one game to another.

I tried to connect them locally via a version update of the games (match up) and they connected so now I know both devices will connect to each other both connect to the internet with no issues, maybe it is the save as you say. 

So should I restart the game and start a new user profile on my CFW switch without any CFW by removing the SD card or should I just replay the game and start a new user profile and continue to use it in CFW mode?

Hope that made sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

So should I restart the game and start a new user profile on my CFW switch without any CFW by removing the SD card or should I just replay the game and start a new user profile and continue to use it in CFW mode?

Just play in CFW mode. CFW mode usually doesn't impact the save. (my save has always been on CFW mode).

It could be injections or cheat code related, if it is indeed the save.
(I don't use cheats or PKHeX on this save that I go online with)

Like maybe you injected/coded something that was too early to obtain, so the save flagged it, who knows really what happened :/
I know the frustration of not being able to trade, so try to cancel out point by points, to find the root cause.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Just play in CFW mode. CFW mode usually doesn't impact the save. (my save has always been on CFW mode).

It could be injections or cheat code related, if it is indeed the save.
(I don't use cheats or PKHeX on this save that I go online with)

I haven't even used PKHex yet on the CFW console or any cheats this is why I'm so confused as other than having the console in CFW mode I haven't done anything else wrong

 

how do I delete the current save file on my CFW switch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

I haven't even used PKHex yet on the CFW console or any cheats this is why I'm so confused as other than having the console in CFW mode I haven't done anything else wrong

I don't know the origins of your game, nor the CFW mode, so here's some info of mine, if it makes a difference.

Shield, Cart, on Non-CFW device.
Sword, Cart, on Atmosphere CFW device.
Both share the same user profile. Both able to trade. Both on same firmware and same game version.

Based on my experience (and what I've read), CFW won't make the device "not able to trade".
I've read something on GBAtemp about if both device share the same user profile, unable to trade, but I'm assuming that is related to digital versions of the game. Since mine is both physical version, as well as differing version, I don't seem to be affected by that. As far as I can, since yours is also differing versions, I doubt it's that.

Do you happen to have incognito installed on the CFW version?

edit:

1 minute ago, skyline29 said:

how do I delete the current save file on my CFW switch?

Just create a new user profile. No need to delete the current save.
New user profile = new save. For all we know, it's the old user profile that was the problem.

Creating a new user profile hits 2 birds with one stone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

Thank you for all of that, I will try the new user first, does this mean though making a new user profile that I will have to link the account with nintendo to be able to trade locally?

Hmm, I don't recall needing to link a Nintendo Account to trade locally.
That's only for Mystery Gift and online connection, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Just tested on another profile I created that isn't link to Nintendo Account.
It can local trade without linking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hmm, I don't recall needing to link a Nintendo Account to trade locally.
That's only for Mystery Gift and online connection, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Just tested on another profile I created that isn't link to Nintendo Account.
It can local trade without linking.

Awesome thank you, I'm starting a new save in my new user profile now to see what happens, I'll let you know hopefully it's just a new save it needed cross fingers

 

49 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hmm, I don't recall needing to link a Nintendo Account to trade locally.
That's only for Mystery Gift and online connection, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Just tested on another profile I created that isn't link to Nintendo Account.
It can local trade without linking.

Me again, so I tried the new save and it didn't work, so I guess now I'll just have to link my other profile from my non CFW switch to my CFW switch and place the sword in the CFW console and transfer pokemon from PKHex that way. How do I get my save file from my non CFW to my CFW switch?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

Me again, so I tried the new save and it didn't work

try checking your Switch settings and stuff. Unless you bought a defective unit, no reason for it to be unable to trade locally.

You use 90DNS right? Try to go online or something.
 

48 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

so I guess now I'll just have to link my other profile from my non CFW switch to my CFW switch and place the sword in the CFW console and transfer pokemon from PKHex that way. How do I get my save file from my non CFW to my CFW switch?

Try creating a new user profile on the unhacked Switch. It would have an option to Import Existing User (or something).
Use that to receive the user from the hacked Switch to the unhacked Switch. That process should carry over the save as well.

Make sure you back up the save on the hacked Switch onto your computer, before you continue.

Tho, given that requires local communication, so you gotta make sure your CFW Switch local communication isn't broken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

try checking your Switch settings and stuff. Unless you bought a defective unit, no reason for it to be unable to trade locally.

You use 90DNS right? Try to go online or something.
 

Try creating a new user profile on the unhacked Switch. It would have an option to Import Existing User (or something).
Use that to receive the user from the hacked Switch to the unhacked Switch. That process should carry over the save as well.

Make sure you back up the save on the hacked Switch onto your computer, before you continue.

Tho, given that requires local communication, so you gotta make sure your CFW Switch local communication isn't broken.

OK so I have done as you mentioned, only thing I have found is the save data from my non CFW switch is on the CFW switch internal memory, how do I transfer that to the SD card?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Thank you I'll give this a go with pokemon home first instead of my game file to learn what to do 

 

Hm odd when I go into my CFW switch after using the save manager checkpoint and follow the instructions, the game will just load as a new game even on the same user profile as the one from my none CFW switch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

Hm odd when I go into my CFW switch after using the save manager checkpoint and follow the instructions, the game will just load as a new game even on the same user profile as the one from my none CFW switch?

that sounds confusing.

What game are you trying to back up?
Checkpoint on CFW Switch will not affect your non-CFW device. It does not magically travel to the other Switch.

I don't get what you're trying to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

that sounds confusing.

What game are you trying to back up?
Checkpoint on CFW Switch will not affect your non-CFW device. It does not magically travel to the other Switch.

I don't get what you're trying to do.

Sorry I explained that terrible, I have now sorted it by transferring my save data from my sword game save file on my non CFW to my CFW switch and used PKHex to transfer a few pokemon over to see if it works and it all works and it does :) Thanks for your help.

 

Something I am wondering now though is there a quicker way to get the new saved data with the gen pokemon from PKHex on my CFW swtch to my non CFW switch without having to keep transferring data between the two switches over and over? Or is this the only way? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, skyline29 said:

is there a quicker way to get the new saved data with the gen pokemon from PKHex on my CFW swtch to my non CFW switch without having to keep transferring data between the two switches over and over? Or is this the only way? Thanks

If you were willing to risk your CFW Switch, get the CFW and non-CFW Switch to share the same user profile.

HOME is tied to your Nintendo account, so HOME will work on either device, and connect to the same HOME account.
This way, you can transfer mons from inside the save from one device to another, via HOME.

Definitely riskier than simply doing local trades, but definitely faster too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you were willing to risk your CFW Switch, get the CFW and non-CFW Switch to share the same user profile.

HOME is tied to your Nintendo account, so HOME will work on either device, and connect to the same HOME account.
This way, you can transfer mons from inside the save from one device to another, via HOME.

Definitely riskier than simply doing local trades, but definitely faster too.

Yeah this is why I don't want to you use HOME and why I wanted to use local trades and the reason why I bought a SW and SH version both physical games not digital downloads.

It's so odd as to why I can't use local trades between the two consoles but everything else works perfect I'd rather get it to work via local trading from on switch on CFW using SH and the non-CFW switch using SW so then it's safer that way but what ever I do it won't allow me to use local trading

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DragonMax08 said:

Bro you cannot trade locally while your switch is in airplane mode. Take off airplane mode then you will be able to trade locally. The systems versions as nothing to do with it. 

Except you can.

I can trade in Airplane mode. There is an option to enable WiFi switch while in Airplane mode.
One can turn on NFC in Airplane mode as well.

Additionally, if the Airplane mode was fully on (no WiFi), Y-comm would not open and you won't be able to select trades at the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • skyline29 changed the title to "SOLVED" cfw switch local communication not working

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...