In this tutorial you will learn how to back up your Nintendo switch saves using a homebrew program called JKSV. The latest version of JKSV can be downloaded from here.
1. Launch the Homebrew Menu from your Switch and look for JKSV. Then launch JKSV by pressing "A"
2. Pick your desired user
3. Navigate to your desired game
4. Press "A" to select your desired game. Then press "A" to begin backing up your save
5. Enter a name for your new save. Then click on the "Accept" button or click "+" to complete the backup process.
6. If the backup has completed you will see a new save with the name you chose under your desired game.
7. Turn your Switch off, insert your SD card into your computer and Navigate to "JKSV". Then find your desired game in the list of games.
8. Open your desired game's folder. Inside will be the folder you named in step 5. Note: this folder will contain all of the subsequent backups you make of this game.
9. Navigate through the folder of the backup you created and you will find your save file. Note: this step may be different and the resulting save file may be different depending on the game you have chosen.
10. MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE BEFORE USING OR EDITING IT WITH ANY SAVE EDITORS.