BW Flag/Event Research (misc)

theSLAYER

Didn't see any thread that seems relevant, and I wanted this information to be documented somewhere online.

For BW Dreamyard Elemental Monkey:
No Event Flag set/unset, and
Event Constant 131: 0->2
Controls whether this event has been received. (0 not received, 2 received)

Event constant 48 controls which starter has been received.
0 - Snivy, 1 - Tepig, 2 - Oshawott.
This event constant thus controls what elemental monkey the player receives.

Recorded data between saves:

Spoiler

receiving elemental monkey (no flag changes)

131: 0->2

Pre starter to receiving starter

48: 0->1 tepig
55: 0->2096
127: 0->1
129: 1->2
133: 0->1
isset: 0500, 0501, 0535, 0680, 2401
unset: 2434

Pre starter to receiving starter (flags ignored)

48: 0->2 oshawott
55: 0->2096
127: 0->1
129: 1->2
133: 0->1

I started documenting the flags for Black and White quite a few months ago, but I’ve since abandoned the project.  I did post the starter flag info on the Unrealese/ Prototype Pokemon thread.  I’ve also found out that by toggling the the flag for which starter you have effect both of your rivals teams and I can only assumes that flag determines Bianca’s and Cheren’s teams in B2W2 after using the Memory Link.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poke J said:

I started documenting the flags for Black and White quite a few months ago, but I’ve since abandoned the project.  I did post the starter flag info on the Unrealese/ Prototype Pokemon thread.  I’ve also found out that by toggling the the flag for which starter you have effect both of your rivals teams and I can only assumes that flag determines Bianca’s and Cheren’s teams in B2W2 after using the Memory Link.

didn't see your post about it ?

Yeah, they likely look at only that event constant. ><

I only looked into this cause I wanted to re-encounter the dreamyard elementals

Another interesting thing I found is if you enter certain areas incorrectly you can bypass triggers for story element events completely and make those event unplayable.  An example is if you enter Nacrene City for the first time by using a walk through walls cheat or entering the town from the path that comes from the forest you’ll not have the N encounter in front of the museum.  Fortunately I didnt find any that made the game unplayable by making it impossible for you progress further.

• Like 1

Just now, Poke J said:

Another interesting thing I found is if you enter certain areas incorrectly you can bypass triggers for story element events completely and make those event unplayable.  An example is if you enter Nacrene City for the first time by using a walk through walls cheat or entering the town from the path that comes from the forest you’ll not have the N encounter in front of the museum.  Fortunately I didnt find one which make the game unplayable by making it impossible for you progress further.

That reminds me, when I used WTW to enter Route 18, the game freezes when I try to save the game.
That doesn't happen when I enter normally.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

That reminds me, when I used WTW to enter Route 18, the game freezes when I try to save the game.
That doesn't happen when I enter normally.

I can only assume that there might be a trigger that will uncheck flags when you enter an area for the first time.  Where if you enter the area incorrectly you don’t hit the trigger, but now you’ve been to that location making it impossible to activate this events.

• Like 1