Help for Citra Canary/Camera

Hello! I was advised to write to solve a problem that does not seem to be a PKHeX problem. I'm playing Alpha Sapphire on Citra Canary. Now I would need to use Citra Camera to scan secret base codes. When I transfer the save (main) file from Canary, Camera does not read it and the game always starts from the beginning. Could you help me please? Thank you and sorry for my English!

1 minute ago, Peppe said:

Hello! I was advised to write to solve a problem that does not seem to be a PKHeX problem. I'm playing Alpha Sapphire on Citra Canary. Now I would need to use Citra Camera to scan secret base codes. When I transfer the save (main) file from Canary, Camera does not read it and the game always starts from the beginning. Could you help me please? Thank you and sorry for my English!

To add on to this:
OP originally requested for my help via PM, and we have confirmed that
1. Both Citras store the saves in different locations (which we get to by using the Right Click > Save data method),
and confirmed that the OP pasted the correct save from Canary to Camera's folder.
Despite that, Camera will proceed to indicate the save is corrupted.

2. Got OP to check Canary save file in PKHeX. It's not corrupted.

3. For the sake of testing, OP started a new game on Citra Camera, and the file checks out in PKHeX. The problem is that OP is unable to get Citra Camera to load up the save file that was in Citra Canary.

Any new ideas or extra tests for the OP to get it working, will be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

To add on to this:
OP originally requested for my help via PM, and we have confirmed that
1. Both Citras store the saves in different locations (which we get to by using the Right Click > Save data method),
and confirmed that the OP pasted the correct save from Canary to Camera's folder.
Despite that, Camera will proceed to indicate the save is corrupted.

2. Got OP to check Canary save file in PKHeX. It's not corrupted.

3. For the sake of testing, OP started a new game on Citra Camera, and the file checks out in PKHeX. The problem is that OP is unable to get Citra Camera to load up the save file that was in Citra Canary.

Any new ideas or extra tests for the OP to get it working, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help, theSlayer. Very precise and detailed!

Is this "Citra Camera" an unofficial build?

Camera support was added to Citra Canary a while ago (settings can be found in Emulation > Configure > Camera) so there's no need to use unofficial builds for that. Update your Citra Canary to the latest release and try if that works. Keep a backup of your save files just in case.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Camera support was added to Citra Canary a while ago (settings can be found in Emulation > Configure > Camera) so there's no need to use unofficial builds for that. Update your Citra Canary to the latest release and try if that works. Keep a backup of your save files just in case.

I think I have a version downloaded a few weeks but I do not have the Camera setting.

AFFC66BE-162C-4F38-A77A-1452D03358C6.jpeg

17 hours ago, BlackShark said:

Hi Black!

I tried the way to use the Camera function but the game does not allow me to read the qt of the super secret bases published ... All useless or I'm wrong doing something?

3 hours ago, Peppe said:

Hi Black!

I tried the way to use the Camera function but the game does not allow me to read the qt of the super secret bases published ... All useless or I'm wrong doing something?

Can you see the code on the upper screen and the game just fails to read it? Or doesn't the code even appear on the screen?

Just in case, this is how I configured my camera:

Front Rear
front.png.ea7deb57a1f16c7c77253aa895fe0488.png rear.png.ec3639f0d40e09342145e59b13bc292e.png

If you have checked prompt before load you will be asked to choose an image everytime the game uses the camera. Citra asks you twice because the 3DS has 2 rear cameras (left and right side), just choose the same image twice then. You can also uncheck this and choose a file name in the field above that checkbox.

14 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Can you see the code on the upper screen and the game just fails to read it? Or doesn't the code even appear on the screen?

Just in case, this is how I configured my camera:

Front Rear
front.png.ea7deb57a1f16c7c77253aa895fe0488.png rear.png.ec3639f0d40e09342145e59b13bc292e.png

If you have checked prompt before load you will be asked to choose an image everytime the game uses the camera. Citra asks you twice because the 3DS has 2 rear cameras (left and right side), just choose the same image twice then. You can also uncheck this and choose a file name in the field above that checkbox.

the Camera sees the code but when I click on A, it says that the code can not be read. What can this depend on?

17 minutes ago, Peppe said:

the Camera sees the code but when I click on A, it says that the code can not be read. What can this depend on?

Your QR codes are probably wrong sized then. The way Citra loads images isn't optimized yet.

I didn't think about this when I made my last post, sorry, but at the moment you still need to edit the image you want to scan a bit so it fits properly into Citra.

If you want to scan the official Secret Bases you can use the codes from the package I attached below. I already edited them to fit into Citra.

ORAS Secret Base QR Codes for Citra.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlackShark said:

Your QR codes are probably wrong sized then. The way Citra loads images isn't optimized yet.

I didn't think about this when I made my last post, sorry, but at the moment you still need to edit the image you want to scan a bit so it fits properly into Citra.

If you want to scan the official Secret Bases you can use the codes from the package I attached below. I already edited them to fit into Citra.

ORAS Secret Base QR Codes for Citra.zip

I used your codes. Where am I doing wrong?

BB24BB8F-D2CB-42F9-82B9-3AADEABC93E5.jpeg

edit-merged:

I solved! Thanks again!

• Like 1