Time of Day doesn't affect legality in Gen 2

BeyondTheHorizon

Hi, I noticed that Pokémon in Gen 2 are considered legal by PKHeX even when the Time of Day is wrong. For example, I generated a Hoothoot—a Pokémon that can only be found at night except through headbutting trees (according to Bulbapedia)—in my Crystal save. Through some experimenting, I found that if I changed its Time of Day to Morning or Day, it is still considered legal. So I did some experimenting with other Pokémon like Hoppip, Gastly and Growlithe that can only be found at certain times of the day, and found the same thing applied to all of them.

I'm using PKHeX 18.01.28. Here's the Hoothoot file, as an example. Its Time of Day is deliberately erroneously set to Day yet is still considered legal:

163 - HOOTHOOT - 8A33.pk2

3 minutes ago, BeyondTheHorizon said:

Hi, I noticed that Pokémon in Gen 2 are considered legal by PKHeX even when the Time of Day is wrong. For example, I generated a Hoothoot—a Pokémon that can only be found at night except through headbutting trees (according to Bulbapedia)—in my Crystal save. Through some experimenting, I found that if I changed its Time of Day to Morning or Day, it is still considered legal. So I did some experimenting with other Pokémon like Hoppip, Gastly and Growlithe that can only be found at certain times of the day, and found the same thing applied to all of them.

I'm using PKHeX 18.01.28. Here's the Hoothoot file, as an example. Its Time of Day is deliberately erroneously set to Day yet is still considered legal:

163 - HOOTHOOT - 8A33.pk2

While was wondering if it's related to this:
1. Encounter HootHoot at night
2. Pause the game (close the cover of 3DS/sleep)
3. unpause, and catch the Hoothoot when its daytime

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

While was wondering if it's related to this:
1. Encounter HootHoot at night
2. Pause the game (close the cover of 3DS/sleep)
3. unpause, and catch the Hoothoot when its daytime

Interesting, I didn't think of that. Yes, that could very well be the reason why it's considered legal. If so, @Kaphotics thought well ahead of me.