The AR codes generated by Pokesav HGSS ENG aren't working for me.

FLSHK

Can someone help me with this? Also, the Action Replay code created by Pokesav HGSS (ENG) that I used worked (I edited the PokéBalls so I could have the Apricorn PokéBalls, but then there was a "save error" while the code was in effect). Saving was so fast that I thought there was a problem; I tried to enter the Union Room (to test it out), and then it said "save error" (I use Magnius's English translation patch, if that helps at all). (Editing the save file directly won't because of the in-game name thing, even though I used the guide to make Japanese characters show up). Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by FLSHK

For me, it did give me all the pokeballs, items, and tms/hms, but i cant seem to figure how to make the pokemon work. its the only thing that doesnt work. i compared HG/SS Pokesav and Platinum Pokesav side by side so I could try and figure it out, and I did, but when I pressed l+r in the game and went to my party of pokemon, it wasnt there.

For me, it did give me all the pokeballs, items, and tms/hms, but i cant seem to figure how to make the pokemon work. its the only thing that doesnt work. i compared HG/SS Pokesav and Platinum Pokesav side by side so I could try and figure it out, and I did, but when I pressed l+r in the game and went to my party of pokemon, it wasnt there.
I'm not sure. I just edit my save file directly. AFAIK in Pokesavhgss 0.03a COM has fixed something to do with PC Box AR DS codes, but I'm not sure how relevant this is to the problem you have. Maybe try using pokesav 0.03a?

Thanks for the information. However, I still can't get it to do the name thing. When I input Japanese characters directly, they turn to question marks when I save the game. Does anyone one know how to fix this?

The ??? question has been asked many times, check the forums in the future but basically it is because you're not running it with applocale. As to why the codes don't work. Is because I'm guessing you're using a patched game (kazo/wataru or w/e) when you patch the game the Game ID changes so when you try the codes you're basically trying to use codes meant for *another* game.

• 5 months later...