Generation 1 PokeBank transfers (using Gen 2 pkmn)

Kapuxa_Blaziken

Hello.

I am currently playing VC Red, Blue and Yellow, and I am enjoying them a lot since I never fully completed them when I was a Kid,

I intent to do the same with Gold, Silver and Crystal, but the thing is, I would like to also transfer the used mons to Sun e Moon.

Considering I have the right hardware for the save file backups and all, I can do this, but I am fearsome regarding the legitness.

Let's say I want to play Crystal with Staryu since the beggining, is it safer to edit the ID/SID from a Crystal file to match a Staryu traded from RBY (so it will obey), or is transfering a Starmie that was hatched from an egg in GSC and traded to RBY just the same?

I'd imagine the files from RBY and GSC do not really store much information. So technically, being hatched in GSC would be recognized as being caught in RBY to the transferer.

I'd prefer not to hack anything, that's why I ask, but if I have to do it so I can play GSC and still be able to transfer those mons through gen 1, I'd do it.

I appreciate the help, and I am sorry if this topic is not correctly placed.

For what I know, the pokébank isn't really that much into legality checking and the only real relevant data would be DV, which are only used for shininess and then randomized anyways, so if you can transfer from GCS to gen 1 games, it should be safe. The only real problem would be impossible shinies, but I the bank doesn't have any checks for impossible gen 1 DVs.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Did not even think about the DVs, I supose they get deleted when the conversion to 7th gen files happen, but since they are used to determine the shinyness it can pose a problem.

Is there some sort of list/software I can use to check the possible gen 1 DV combinations?