Yu-gi-oh

Regice

Oh, so it's basically the Caius Structure Deck with more monarchs?

Sort of. It was originally supposed to be two separate decks, one a Monarch control deck, and the other a removal/burn deck, but one day I put them together by mistake, and it looked like it would work so I went with it. This was a while before the Caius deck came out. It's been working great, save for some instances when my friends use Koa'ki Meiru's or those cursed swarming Blackwings.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of. It was originally supposed to be two separate decks, one a Monarch control deck, and the other a removal/burn deck, but one day I put them together by mistake, and it looked like it would work so I went with it. This was a while before the Caius deck came out. It's been working great, save for some instances when my friends use Koa'ki Meiru's or those cursed swarming Blackwings.

Try using cards like Black Horn of Heaven and Solemn Judgement to stop their special summons and if you can find them, I suggest putting at least two Burden of the Mighty (Promo card from World Championship 2008 [DS]/ Continuous Spell Card- All your opponents monsters lose attack equal to their level x100). I have those in my Dark World Deck and they cripple your opponents monsters.

Try using cards like Black Horn of Heaven and Solemn Judgement to stop their special summons and if you can find them, I suggest putting at least two Burden of the Mighty (Promo card from World Championship 2008 [DS]/ Continuous Spell Card- All your opponents monsters lose attack equal to their level x100). I have those in my Dark World Deck and they cripple your opponents monsters.

Thanks for the tips!:biggrin:

I happen to have three Black Horns, one Burden, and I run two Solemns (for field control, but I don't really use it much because of the cost, and it is a last resort in most cases). I cannot believe I overlooked the 'Horns, but Burden may not help much as the problem is that they use Gale to halve my monsters attacks' and Kalut to boost their own so they usually win every battle anyways, so I just use the Monarch's effects for field clearing then attacking. Koa'ki Meirus just basically negate everything anyways so it won't matter much.

Counter traps are faster...

Yeah, they are... but if you are talking about what I said about the Koa'ki Meirus, I was referring to the effects of Burden... not the counter traps which can be used to negate or destroy them.

By the way, I am thinking about running an Earthbound Immortal deck... what cards do you think I should run in it?

Also, I'm really sorry if I am ruining the original purpose of this thread...:frown:

Yeah, they are... but if you are talking about what I said about the Koa'ki Meirus, I was referring to the effects of Burden... not the counter traps which can be used to negate or destroy them. (1)

By the way, I am thinking about running an Earthbound Immortal deck... what cards do you think I should run in it? (2)

Also, I'm really sorry if I am ruining the original purpose of this thread...:frown: (3)

1. I understood that, I was refering to the effects that would negate or out-trump BotM.

2. Probably some scrap-iron scarecrows, for stalling, and some creature swap with your choice of tokens (definately scapegoat and dandylion if you have them), to weaken your opponent's field.

3. Eh, they can post around us can't they? (Another topic seems pointless to me... Besides, this topic is called "Yu-gi-oh", and just that, isn't it?)

1. I understood that, I was referring to the effects that would negate or out-trump BotM. (1)

2. Probably some scrap-iron scarecrows, for stalling, and some creature swap with your choice of tokens (definately scapegoat and dandylion if you have them), to weaken your opponent's field. (2)

3. Eh, they can post around us can't they? (Another topic seems pointless to me... Besides, this topic is called "Yu-gi-oh", and just that, isn't it?) (3)

(1) Oh, okay, I just misunderstood your post... sorry.

(2) Yeah, I was thinking about adding in a 'Scarecrow or two, and I happened to pull a third Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu and a Swallow's Nest today! :grog:

The only problem I'm having now is trying to figure out which field spell I should choose for the deck.

(3) Good point...

I'm thinking about posting my Earthbound deck list (in spoiler tags, of course) later... could you tell me what you think of it?

Edited by ALCHEMIST

(1) Oh, okay, I just misunderstood your post... sorry.

(2) Yeah, I was thinking about adding in a 'Scarecrow or two, and I happened to pull a third Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu and a Swallow's Nest today! :grog:

The only problem I'm having now is trying to figure out which field spell I should choose for the deck.

(3) Good point...

I'm thinking about posting my Earthbound deck list (in spoiler tags, of course) later... could you tell me what you think of it?

Very simple one there. Throw your opponent off, and add one that has no basis to your deck like Ojama country, until you can find the one that would work best for your deck. Look at each field spell and the balance of cards in your deck before your final descision is made.

Very simple one there. Throw your opponent off, and add one that has no basis to your deck like Ojama country, until you can find the one that would work best for your deck. Look at each field spell and the balance of cards in your deck before your final descision is made.

Thanks for the input, Earthix. Ojama Country? Weird choice, but I understand what you mean.

Here is the first version of my deck:

Monsters: (20)

x3 Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu

x3 Hardened Armed Dragon

x3 Double Costons

x1 Breaker the Magical Warrior

x3 Apprentice Magician

x2 Crystal Seer

x1 Marshmellon

x1 Spirit Reaper

x1 Old Vindictive Magician

x2 Kuraz the Light Monarch

Spells: (15)

x3 Magical Citadel of Endymion/ Mausoleum of the Emperor

x3 Terraforming

x3 Fires of Doomsday

x3 Swallow's Nest

x1 Heavy Storm

x1 Mystical Space Typhoon

x1 Monster Reborn

Traps: (6)

x3 Ojama Trio

x3 Threatening Roar

It's based around a basic spell counter deck to fuel cards like Breaker for backfield control

and the Citadel can keep itself on the field to prevent the Earthbound from being destroyed due to its effect. Could use more traps though... but what do you think guys?

That's why I was mentioning scrap-iron scarecrow earlier, it negates attacks and then is reset to be used again next turn. (I'm a little unfamiliar with specifics on the Earthbound Immortals) I take it they can't be special summoned, correct? If I'm wrong, consider putting some reasoning/monster gates in.

I agree with coolbho3000, how are YuGiOh and Pokemon related at all?

Similarities:

They're both trading card games, television shows, movies, children's crazes. (etc.)

Question Answered.

More similarities.

They're both Multi-Million dollar industries.

They both originated in Japan.

But they're not spin-offs of each other. One was created by Nintendo and the other was created by Konami.

That's why I was mentioning scrap-iron scarecrow earlier, it negates attacks and then is reset to be used again next turn. (I'm a little unfamiliar with specifics on the Earthbound Immortals) I take it they can't be special summoned, correct? If I'm wrong, consider putting some reasoning/monster gates in.

Well... to clarify the details about the Earthbound Immortals, here is generally what they are like/do:

1) Unless there is a field card in play, they are destroyed.

2) They cannot be attacked by your opponent's monsters. (The reason I didn't want to add Scarecrow. It would be kind of unnecessary, also considering that most of the monsters I included will be able to search out another, or not be destroyed at all, or be able to hold their own.)

3) They can attack your opponent directly.:grog:

4) There can only be one Earthbound Immortal on the field at any given time.

5) They are all based off of the Nazca Lines in South America.

6) They are very strong monsters (usually in the upper 2000's) and have very high levels (around LV. 10)

7) They can be special summoned.

I hoped that helped!:biggrin:

Anyways, Thanks for the help, and here is a quick rundown of Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu:

Attribute: Dark

Level:10

Type:Winged Beast

ATK/DEF: 2500/2500

Effect:

"There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card is removed from the field, except by its own effect, destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls, and inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed."

Oh, thanks for clarifying that for me...

In that case, field barrier in triplicate is a must. Reasoning/monster gate could get out your immortal as well...

Is there a certain field card that they need or is any fine?

You're welcome, and thanks for the Reasoning/Monster Gate idea!

Also, the Earthbound Immortals don't need a specific field spell to be or stay on the field, any will do, really. I may side deck the Field Barriers if I'm running Citadels, and put them in if I'm running Mausoleums.

After much trial and error, I found out what works and what doesn't ( I will make the appropriate changes to the deck list later) by dueling my friends who use many standard decks (like Blackwings, Koa'ki Meirus, and two Monarch control decks [ my own and my friends deck], so far).

Here are the results:

( For every win/ loss, it means 1 duel was won or loss)

Original deck: 5 wins, 7 losses (twelve duels):frown:

Updated deck: 8 wins, 4 losses (twelve duels):grog:

The results were based on matches with the four above decks, one match (three duels) for each deck faced, for both versions of the Earthbound deck.

I may edit this post later to show more results.

EDIT: Updated deck list:

x3 Hardened Armed Dragon

x3 Double Costons

x3 Apprentice Magician

x2 Crystal Seer

x1 Marshmellon

x1 Spirit Reaper

x3 Terraforming

x3 Fires of Doomsday

x2 Swallow's Nest

x1 Heavy Storm

x1 Monster Reborn

x1 Dimensionhole

x1 Ojama Trio

x3 Threatening Roar

x2 Interdimensional Matter Transporter

Edited by ALCHEMIST

I'm wondering why you put in the temporary removal cards, especially dimensionhole...

If it's to protect your Immortals, why not use Jinzo/ some counter traps?

Attribute: Dark

Level:10

Type:Winged Beast

ATK/DEF: 2500/2500

Effect:

"There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card is removed from the field, except by its own effect, destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls, and inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed."

That's why. It doesn't matter how it is removed from the field, or even how long it will be removed for it to get that particular effect. The main problem I faced in my test duels was swarms destroying my tribute fodder or the Earthbound itself by using effects or brute force, so I added those in to help keep my tribute fodder or the Earthbound alive and trigger its effect.

As for the Jinzo/ Counter Trap idea, what do you think I should take out for Jinzo? Also for the counter traps, what do you suggest? I was thinking something like Magic Drain or Solemn... Also I was thinking of adding in an Allure of Darkness or two... what do you think I should take out for them?

Oops, I forgot about that part...

If you are going to put in Jinzo, the interdimensional matter transporters would be iffy. You could keep them, but when he's out, you wouldn't be able to use them (unless you pull amplifier of course...). I'd put in some spell shield type-8's and some trap jammers, nut not solemn judgement if you intend to keep the mausoleums in, as it would halve your already low LP. If you are following me up to here, you could remove the double costons as you'd already have mausoleum/terrafroming to get out your Immortal and Jinzo can't utilize their effect.

You could also semi-convert the cards into LP-cost cards and spam Life Absorbing machine (during standby phase, gain LP equal to half the total you paid during your last turn) to get free monsters from mausoleum, in which case, you'd need field barrier in your main deck instead of the side.

If you are going to put in Jinzo, the interdimensional matter transporters would be iffy.

Yeah... I thought about that... but it still can be pulled off as I can simply activate it before Jinzo hits the field, if necessary. (Get rid of Aslla, get effect to clear field and inflict damage, then summon Jinzo and attack!:biggrin:)

As for the entire lifepoint payment/ regain thing... it sounds interesting. I may try this variation sometime. Thanks for the idea!

Anyways, here is my newly updated deck and side deck:

x3 Hardened Armed Dragon

x2 Double Costons/ Tragodia

x3 Apprentice Magician

x2 Crystal Seer

x1 Marshmellon

x1 Spirit Reaper

x1 Jinzo

x3 Terraforming/ Field Barrier (x3 Terra if I'm running Citadel, x1 Terra and x2 Barriers if running Mausoleum)

x3 Fires of Doomsday

x2 Swallow's Nest

x1 Heavy Storm

x1 Monster Reborn

x1 Dimensionhole

x1 Ojama Trio

x3 Threatening Roar

Side Deck:

x1 Mirror Force

x2 Trap Jammer

x1 Dandylion

x1 Spell Shield Type-8/ My Body as a Shield (haven't decided)

x2 Beast King Barbaros

x2 Double Coston/ Tragodia

x2 Barrier/ Terraforming

x2 Allure of Darkness

x1 Giant Trunade

x1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

This version has been running great... the only problems I have been facing are Skill Drain decks, and certain variations of plant decks. Thanks again for the help!:biggrin:

Yeah... I thought about that... but it still can be pulled off as I can simply activate it before Jinzo hits the field, if necessary. (Get rid of Aslla, get effect to clear field and inflict damage, then summon Jinzo and attack!:biggrin:) (1)

As for the entire lifepoint payment/ regain thing... it sounds interesting. I may try this variation sometime. Thanks for the idea! (2)

Anyways, here is my newly updated deck and side deck:

x3 Hardened Armed Dragon

x2 Double Costons/ Tragodia

x3 Apprentice Magician

x2 Crystal Seer

x1 Marshmellon

x1 Spirit Reaper

x1 Jinzo

x3 Terraforming/ Field Barrier (x3 Terra if I'm running Citadel, x1 Terra and x2 Barriers if running Mausoleum)

x3 Fires of Doomsday

x2 Swallow's Nest

x1 Heavy Storm

x1 Monster Reborn

x1 Dimensionhole

x1 Ojama Trio

x3 Threatening Roar

Side Deck:

x1 Mirror Force

x2 Trap Jammer

x1 Dandylion

x1 Spell Shield Type-8/ My Body as a Shield (haven't decided) (3)

x2 Beast King Barbaros

x2 Double Coston/ Tragodia (4)

x2 Barrier/ Terraforming

x2 Allure of Darkness

x1 Giant Trunade

x1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (5)

This version has been running great... the only problems I have been facing are Skill Drain decks (6), and certain variations of plant decks (7). Thanks again for the help!:biggrin: (8)

1. I never thought about that...

2. I made a deck around that a few years back, Archfiend's actually, it ran pretty well for awhile until there were more spell/trap destruction/negation effects added...

3. My Body as a Shield works with the LP thing...

4. Only use Tragodea if you have some cards to conserve your hand (or throw in some Begone Knave!'s for an interesting stategy. It fills your hand up, and allows you to keep getting out Tragodea! It would also work with your immortal's effect...:cool:)

5. Be wary of him because he only works if you have no cards on your field, includes your field card...

6. That's a simple one, try twister. It also works with the LP idea...

7. Like what? I'm making a plant/Dark/zombie deck right now... (A lot of Phantom Darkness/Crossroads of Chaos cards...)

8. You're welcome! :biggrin:

2. I made a deck around that a few years back, Archfiend's actually, it ran pretty well for awhile until there were more spell/trap destruction/negation effects added...

Nice. I've always wanted to run Archfiends... but I could never seem to pull or find the ones I needed...

4. Only use Tragodea if you have some cards to conserve your hand (or throw in some Begone Knave!'s for an interesting stategy. It fills your hand up, and allows you to keep getting out Tragodea! It would also work with your immortal's effect...:cool:)

Wow... did not even think about that combo with Aslla Piscu. Definatly going into the deck one way or another!

6. That's a simple one, try twister. It also works with the LP idea...

That normally would work... but they usually are able to counter it and other threats with a variety of cards like Magic Drain, Solemn, and basically every other counter trap out there, While beating their opponents' faces in with Barbaros and other high attack monsters.

7. Like what? I'm making a plant/Dark/zombie deck right now... (A lot of Phantom Darkness/Crossroads of Chaos cards...)

Stall/ burn/ and swarm types. They either burn my LP down while stalling, or swarm and destroy everything while being supported by cards like Wall of Thorns and Pollinosis.

Also, the deck you are building sounds interesting... how does it work?

Nice. I've always wanted to run Archfiends... but I could never seem to pull or find the ones I needed... (A)

Wow... did not even think about that combo with Aslla Piscu. Definatly going into the deck one way or another! (B)

That normally would work... but they usually are able to counter it and other threats with a variety of cards like Magic Drain, Solemn, and basically every other counter trap out there, While beating their opponents' faces in with Barbaros and other high attack monsters. ©

Stall/ burn/ and swarm types. They either burn my LP down while stalling, or swarm and destroy everything while being supported by cards like Wall of Thorns and Pollinosis. (D)

Also, the deck you are building sounds interesting... how does it work? (E)

A) Which did/ do you need? I bet I could come up with substitutions...

B) Glad I could help... I don't know how, but my brain tells me these interesting strategies at the most random of moments; I came up with my Exodia deck, which is still not quite finished, in the middle of a final at school, MY ENGLISH ONE!! I couldn't get it out of my head for the life of me and had to ask for more time because it got me so distracted...

C) Which is why I still use cards like Jinzo and Royal Decree, and use twister because it's a unbanned spell with Mystical Space Typhoon equivalency that goes hand in hand with the cards listed above.

D) Stalling how? Spell/ trap negation counters this.

Swarming what? Things like black horn of heaven and Summon Limit (I think that's the name) are good to side for that reason.

E) It's taking advantage of the Dark attribute of plants like regenerating rose to stock my field for free and cards like Dark Crusader to fill my grave while using removing from both graves to special summon for effect and high power. (It's still very rough...)

A) Which did/ do you need? I bet I could come up with substitutions... (1)

B) Glad I could help... I don't know how, but my brain tells me these interesting strategies at the most random of moments; I came up with my Exodia deck, which is still not quite finished, in the middle of a final at school, MY ENGLISH ONE!! I couldn't get it out of my head for the life of me and had to ask for more time because it got me so distracted... (2)

C) Which is why I still use cards like Jinzo and Royal Decree, and use twister because it's a unbanned spell with Mystical Space Typhoon equivalency that goes hand in hand with the cards listed above. (3)

D) Stalling how? Spell/ trap negation counters this.

Swarming what? Things like black horn of heaven and Summon Limit (I think that's the name) are good to side for that reason. (4)

E) It's taking advantage of the Dark attribute of plants like regenerating rose to stock my field for free and cards like Dark Crusader to fill my grave while using removing from both graves to special summon for effect and high power. (It's still very rough...) (5)

1. *Checks collection* Hmmm...

-Vilepawn Archfiend

-Desrook Archfiend

-Shadowknight Archfiend

I have basically everything else ( Terrorking, General, as well as the new Archfiend synchros like Thought Ruler Archfiend) and spells and traps in multiple copies, so I'm set, for the most part. Any suggestions as to other related support cards would be greatly appreciated.

2. Thanks! I will be posting the even more updated version later. I know what you mean about the random idea thing too! Actually, it's kind of funny, because I kinda got the Earthbound deck idea during my geography exam a day or two after I first heard about them... and I couldn't get it out of my head... ( Still got an A on the exam, though :grog:) but then I forgot about them, until I pulled Aslla, that is.

3. Good point. It is kinda funny though, because they Solemn'ed my Royal Decree and Force Back'ed my Jinzo when I tried them out :eek: ! I will side deck/ main deck Twister.

4. They stall with not only spell and traps, but with cards like: Tytannial, Princess of Camellias and high defense plant monsters like Hedge Guard. They swarm in way to many ways to stop them with Horn, and Summon Limit (you got the correct name) would screw me over in a bunch of ways, namely in the special summoning aspect of this deck. Thanks for the suggestions though... but do you know of any mass monster removal cards that would work well in this deck?

5. Very interesting concept! One question though... What monster will you be removing for? Or are you going to use a card like Phantom of Chaos for its effect? Aside from that, everything else sounds like a good strategy. I would suggest that you put in Allure of Darkness and perhaps is you have one, Dark Armed Dragon. If you want, I can help you out with the deck as it is the least I can do for all of your help with my deck.

1. *Checks collection* Hmmm...

-Vilepawn Archfiend

-Desrook Archfiend

-Shadowknight Archfiend

I have basically everything else ( Terrorking, General, as well as the new Archfiend synchros like Thought Ruler Archfiend) and spells and traps in multiple copies, so I'm set, for the most part. Any suggestions as to other related support cards would be greatly appreciated.

2. Thanks! I will be posting the even more updated version later. I know what you mean about the random idea thing too! Actually, it's kind of funny, because I kinda got the Earthbound deck idea during my geography exam a day or two after I first heard about them... and I couldn't get it out of my head... ( Still got an A on the exam, though :grog:) but then I forgot about them, until I pulled Aslla, that is.

3. Good point. It is kinda funny though, because they Solemn'ed my Royal Decree and Force Back'ed my Jinzo when I tried them out :eek: ! I will side deck/ main deck Twister.

4. They stall with not only spell and traps, but with cards like: Tytannial, Princess of Camellias and high defense plant monsters like Hedge Guard. They swarm in way to many ways to stop them with Horn, and Summon Limit (you got the correct name) would screw me over in a bunch of ways, namely in the special summoning aspect of this deck. Thanks for the suggestions though... but do you know of any mass monster removal cards that would work well in this deck?

5. Very interesting concept! One question though... What monster will you be removing for? Or are you going to use a card like Phantom of Chaos for its effect? Aside from that, everything else sounds like a good strategy. I would suggest that you put in Allure of Darkness and perhaps is you have one, Dark Armed Dragon. If you want, I can help you out with the deck as it is the least I can do for all of your help with my deck.

1. You have Terrorking and the synchros but not Vilepawn!?... My suggestions are Axe of Despair for sure, errata's made it an Archfiend! It supports with 1000ATK to keep your archfiends on the field as well... Maybe some Pandemonium Watchbears as well, if you're not wanting to waste critical spell/trap zone space with field barrier...

2. Yeah, I just had an idea for a remove from play exodia deck...

3. That's why twister and other cards should clear the way first...

4. Side Curse of Anubis for that...

5. I'm not removing for a specific monster, I'm removing to throw my opponent for a loop and for the mass special summons for my zombies. I'm debating on making this entirely Soul Absorbing Bone Tower oriented... It only says if a zombie is special summoned, not how or from where...

1. You have Terrorking and the synchros but not Vilepawn!?... My suggestions are Axe of Despair for sure, errata's made it an Archfiend! It supports with 1000ATK to keep your archfiends on the field as well... Maybe some Pandemonium Watchbears as well, if you're not wanting to waste critical spell/trap zone space with field barrier...

2. Yeah, I just had an idea for a remove from play exodia deck...

3. That's why twister and other cards should clear the way first...

4. Side Curse of Anubis for that...

5. I'm not removing for a specific monster, I'm removing to throw my opponent for a loop and for the mass special summons for my zombies. I'm debating on making this entirely Soul Absorbing Bone Tower oriented... It only says if a zombie is special summoned, not how or from where...

1. Yeah, but I traded my friend who ran an archfiend deck today, so I've got all (and more) of them in multiple copies as well as other cards that I've wanted/ needed for my decks and trade bait.

2. Cool... but it sounds... kind of risky.

3. Yeah, you should have seen the look on my friend's face when I twister'ed his torrential tribute before my Earthbound hit the field, and when later on in the match I did the same to his Delta Crow - Anti Reverse before he could activate it!:tongue:

:eek::eek: How have I overlooked this card for so long!!! It is...amazing! It can not only give me a major advantage on my turn (before I summon) but also save me from being gamed by a swarm!:eek::eek:

5. Oh okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. I used to run a zombie mill deck a few months ago, and kick *** with it. It was kinda crazy because I remember I had my opponent mill around 15-20 cards in one turn once. I think one occasion went something like this:

I had just drawn the Zombie World field spell, no other cards in my hand,and a monster reborn and Morphing Jar faced down and one Bone Tower faced up, so I flipped Jar after activating Zombie World. My opponent dumped their hand and drew (milled) 5 cards, as did I, and I drew two Book of Life, a Ryo Kokki, Book of Moon and a Book of Taiyou. I played the two Book of Life to get out my two previously destroyed Bone Towers

Making my opponent mill 6, then tributed one off to summon Ryo Kokki, then I brought it back with Reborn, making them mill 4, then I used the remaining two cards in my hand (Moon and Taiyou) on the Jar to make my opponent discard again and mill 5.

# of cards milled=20

I will most likely edit and post my decks later this week. Thanks again for the help!!!:biggrin: