Easy Mode Clause

What do you think of an Easy Mode Clause?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of an Easy Mode Clause?

• Its a good idea.
    • Its a bad idea.

Not only that, but we've only talked about the DD sets. The mixed sets for Salamence are arguably even more deadly, and Gyarados can't claim to have any real usable sets aside from DD and resttalk.

I would actually argue that SUB/bounce, SUB/flail, DD/restalk, DD/ Offense, DD/Bounce and Taunt sets are all relatively useful. He doesn't have the quite as much versatility of Salamence but the fact that his main counters can only come in on specific sets makes it really hard for inexperienced players to counter him.

* Oh its a gyarados, I can just switch in a celebi! - switches - Gyarados DD's up and then uses bounce the following turn. So what do you do now that your grassknot missed? Switching back and forth results in the Gyarados just wearing down a persons team if they have no real counter to it. If the "larger players" of the metagame are taken out only another gyarados can use the intimidate switch strategy( and most certainly with SR up the one with +1 speed will win the encounter ) while Arcanine cannot survive Bounce + Waterfall assuming the intimidate resets Gyarados back to - 0 making it terribly hard for someone inexperienced to get by .

Whats also beautiful about bounce, is once your up in the air anyone who's choice scarfed will either be forced to switch or reveal that they have a choice scarf by attacking ( and getting locked into an easily counter-able move, as Gyarados will use Bounce while still up in the air meaning the opponent misses ) while at the same time letting gyrados get a hit in on one of his counters who switched in, or force your opponent to switch again to a less prepared counter.

Or an even simpler tactic is to just send out gyara to force a switch, then taunt screwing over a phazer or "wall" and then proceed to either setup, or switch to something not weak to Electric/Rock to continue the game.

Rotom, once taunted, will HAVE to attack or switch giving your opponent an over prediction head ache and letting you switch to a counter. Also +1 waterfall fails to OHKO after SR damage while rotom is at full life, but does a MINIMUM of 43% meaning all you have to do is bait out the rotom once ( and if he is CS'd giving your an opponent an even bigger headache as they are now stuck into the wrong move ) and do 30%- ish and SR ( assuming two switches, once into gyarados and once again for the bait ) will do the rest for you.

43% was factored @ 252 attack and a neutral attack nature ( 349 attack ) Vs 252 hp/252 def and a + def nature rotom. ( 304 hp/344 def, max for both stats )

Salamence's role is to sweep and "wall break" and he does it damn well, but Gyarados's mission is to sweep unprepared teams, open up huge gaping holes , setup on a myriad of physical attackers and wear down "counters",mess up stall and scout to hell back, and he does it damn fine.

Also to add to the ban list I think you should at least debate over a few more centralizing pokemon because without the ones mentioned in your ban list there are QUITE a few that will then run rampant through 260+ of the remaining pokemon allowed under this clause.

Whew that was my post for the month.

Edit * that Gyarados is not only factored in without a + Attack nature, but without a life orb.

What other Pokemon should be debated? I don't want Easy Mode to just remove any "powerful" Pokemon so that it only leaves the 20 OU that seem to barely cling onto their OU status.

Gyarados is powerful, but can easily be stopped. Though some of the non-DD sets require a bit of thought, they aren't overpowering, and DDdos is by far the most common, as far as I can tell.

Zapdos, while it can run various sets, is usually run to keep a check on Scizor and Swampert.

I had a whole new list typed up to go against other arguments, but I think once we play around with this mode, then we can add more if need be. But I don't want Easy Mode to just ban anything that's overpowering. Many of them run very specific sets even though they can run many others.