XY/ORAS - Pokemon Sun/Moon Pre-Order Mew (HK/TW)

BlackShark

If you pre-order your copy of Pokemon Sun or Moon in Hong Kong or Taiwan you will receive a serialcode for a special Mew.

There are not much information known yet. It will have the same OT as the 20th Anniversary Mew from the US/EU, while it will have the same level it had in Korean and Japanese distributions. So it's not a redistribution!

Pokemon: Mew

Level: 5

OT: GF

ID:

Ability:

Nature:

Moves:

Item:

Pokeball:

Ribbon:

Dates: July 16 - December 18, 2016

Game Distribution: XY, ORAS

Distribution Type: Serialcode

Distribution Location: Hong Kong, Taiwan

Sources: http://www.nintendo.com.hk/event/pokemon_preorder_mew.htm

It will have the same OT as the 20th Anniversary Mew from the US/EU, while it will have the same level it had in Korean and Japanese distributions. So it's not a redistribution!

You're absolutely right! Great observation skills!

Even though it'll likely mirror those events, I'm still stoked to see this Mew.

Though can't they just make a shiny Celebi and make everyone happy? T.T

You're absolutely right! Great observation skills!

Even though it'll likely mirror those events, I'm still stoked to see this Mew.

Though can't they just make a shiny Celebi and make everyone happy? T.T

imo a better thing they could do would have been to remove the shiny lock on the GF event wondercards, then we could shiny hunt for them.

While distributing them as shiny directly could work for purposes of making it available legally, it feels kinda... cheap to me, to just have it handed to us.

Then again I guess a lot of people just don't care and would rather be able to SR for good IVs and natures on a guaranteed-shiny one :P which I can understand, because not everyone is into shinies purely due to their rarity.

Kinda the same way they are just giving them out straight at Lv. 100. Just seems cheap to me because I'd lile to have the opportunity to have to spend the time to level them up myself, rather than getting them at Lv. 100 directly, but on the other hand a lot of people are mainly just interested in having them and being able to start using them right away which I can understand too (and to be honest it doesn't take -that- long to level to 100, but it's still something I quite enjoy doing; it's the only thing I'd even do with legendaries, really.)

Anyway I'm rambling, but I hope the other ones can get "re-released" at lower levels like this too... and if they could lose the shiny lock too I wouldn't complain. :3

imo a better thing they could do would have been to remove the shiny lock on the GF event wondercards, then we could shiny hunt for them.

While distributing them as shiny directly could work for purposes of making it available legally, it feels kinda... cheap to me, to just have it handed to us.

Then again I guess a lot of people just don't care and would rather be able to SR for good IVs and natures on a guaranteed-shiny one :P which I can understand, because not everyone is into shinies purely due to their rarity.

Kinda the same way they are just giving them out straight at Lv. 100. Just seems cheap to me because I'd lile to have the opportunity to have to spend the time to level them up myself, rather than getting them at Lv. 100 directly, but on the other hand a lot of people are mainly just interested in having them and being able to start using them right away which I can understand too (and to be honest it doesn't take -that- long to level to 100, but it's still something I quite enjoy doing; it's the only thing I'd even do with legendaries, really.)

Anyway I'm rambling, but I hope the other ones can get "re-released" at lower levels like this too... and if they could lose the shiny lock too I wouldn't complain. :3

I agree on the leveling thing.

I think Keldeo came at a lower level at the starting or right before the release of B2W2, and I could use it as part of my team,

and it is great to get a wider variety of Pokemon earlier in the game, rather than be stuck with a lvl 100 and go, "what do I do with you now".

The removal of the shiny lock of GF events, is something I'll support, but something I'll see unlikely happening.

So far, the only event I can think of in this generation that they removed the Shiny lock (and made it standard shiny chance) is the Hiroshima Magikarp event

(which funny enough, was given alongside 100% shiny gyarados).

One of the things I'm pretty surprised about,

Is that Korea and Japan are not getting the 20th anniversary Pokemon.

That's right, while they gotten some legendaries through Pokescrap campaigns or bundled distributions,

they are not getting the 20th Anniversary distributions.

For example, in specific regard to 20th Anniversary GF events, then by any similar events:

Mew - Serial code for 2DS bundle for JP, local infrared for KO

Celebi - None this year - (but there was the Pokebank distribution first year into Gen VI)

Jirachi - None this year - (however JP 3DSes could obtain HKTW Shiny Jirachi via serial code, and JPKO had their fair share of shiny jirachi event previous year)

Darkrai - None this year - (one movie event last year for KO)

Manaphy - None this year - (one movie event last year for KO)

Shaymin - None this year - (pokescrap last year for JP, ORAS guidebook serial code for KO last year)

Arceus - None this year - (Movie event for different regions last yeaR)

Victini - None this year - (only event for Gen VI, was thePokescrap in JP last year)

Keldeo - None this year - (pokescrap JP and strategy guide KO last year)

Genesect - None in Gen VI

Meloetta - None in Gen VI

Wow.

Hopefully when JPKO finally decide to do distributions similar to 20th Anni, they'll at least remove the shiny lock.