Showdown importer text recognition bug

Favna

Since the previous time I reported a bug I used video footage to show what it was about and that, for me, turned out being much easier than reporting it with written words I thought to myself "well.. why not record it again". Thus here I am once more reporting a small bug I have noticed. This time it is a text recognition bug in the showdown importer. From what I gather pkhex currently has a sort of "must have" on an item. Cheers :grog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R14OW_9d8fQ

I've had the same problem, plus the fact that the format of the text has to be very specific for importing. Even something that looks fine, doesn't come through, as in those that leaves an attack slot blank for some reason.

The attack slot I think might have to do with the construction difference seen here. Yes... the space after the hyphen...

WontWork

Sample Nature

-Roar

opposed to

Works

Sample Nature

- Roar

The attack slot I think might have to do with the construction difference seen here. Yes... the space after the hyphen...

WontWork

Sample Nature

-Roar

opposed to

Works

Sample Nature

- Roar

Yeah, but sometimes the format looks exactly right, but still doesn't insert a move. Or just extremely similar that I think they're identical. It's led to copy/pasting over a random Smogon set to get the format correct.

No idea what is causing the moves to not work; would need to have a pastebin that I can step through/debug to figure out what is wrong.

Fixed the no-item sets not loading; the initial error checking seeks for the @ symbol for the start of a set; now if that fails it will just run the species/nick/gender check and return if no data.

i found another bug similar to this i pasted a mon it it said unhanded exception used this team that i found and it does it with this and some others Gliscor @ Toxic Orb its a mon i found on the fourms

Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 248 HP, 252 Defense, 8 SpDef,

Nature: Bold/Impish

Moves:

-Counter

-Protect

-Toxic

-Taunt

i found another bug similar to this i pasted a mon it it said unhanded exception used this team that i found and it does it with this and some others Gliscor @ Toxic Orb its a mon i found on the fourms

EVs: 248 HP, 252 Defense, 8 SpDef,

Nature: Bold/Impish

Moves:

-Counter

-Protect

-Toxic

-Taunt

What is the full set, because you're missing the species now. Also the way the nature is listed is incorrect. A correct examples is:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Impish Nature

-Counter

-Protect

-Toxic

-Taunt

showdown can read that but pkhex can.t thats what needs to be fixed

Showdown doesn't read the EVs, the nature nor the ability in what you originally pasted. And if you are so concerned about it and cannot perform the simple task for reformatting a build then download the pkhex source and fix it yourself.