pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

On 12/28/2019 at 3:14 AM, Docent1990 said:

Could someone help me please? I am trying to change names of types in pk3DS for ORAS but it seems that changing types names in Game Text doesn't affect it in game, even though I can see different names of types in editor Personal stats, Moves stats...

gd.png.c826ae1be69155823c6f3176188cd17f.png

image.thumb.png.cb91de909586b4ada1c9aff0ac2876f1.png

I am pretty sure you'll need to edit the ability descriptions (in GameText) and type icons separately.

• 2 weeks later...

there are some problems with mega evolution in gen 7. I used build 402.

1. If mega pokemon's base hp is lower than original pokemon's, then that pokemon get some hp after fainted and game got softlocked.

(struggle can't be hit so I can't kill my pokemons too)

It is just game's technical error so I think it can't be fixed, but randomizer should care about mega evolution pokemon must have higher or same HP than original pokemon to prevent softlocked.

2. It will be not problem anyway if randomizer doesn't give mega stones to trainers, but somehow randomizer always give mega stone when pokemon can mega evolve.

So mega evolution appears to much in trainer battles. I think odds for mega stone should be change or make options for that.

Wow this thread is old. Still this seems like the only place to contact the randomizer's creator(s). I was just wondering if there is a version that randomizes the items in the pokeballs in the overworld.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

No

Can I ask why? Given that the randomizer for the previous generations easily handled that. Seems like the creator(s) just don't want to put in the work. No offense, or whatever but it does make you guys look fairly lazy.

Just now, Arc said:

Can I ask why? Given that the randomizer for the previous generations easily handled that. Seems like the creator(s) just don't want to put in the work. No offense, or whatever but it does make you guys look fairly lazy.

Overworld items are determined by the game's script files, which are largely undocumented.

Keep in mind that each new game increases in complexity, and very few people do heavy lifting with respect to advancing community research & tooling. The scripting engine of gen 3-5 is the same; gen 6+ uses a more complex engine.

If you are unsatisfied with a program's presented feature set, feel free to implement the functionality yourself and submit the patch, or, make your own programs. How the developers choose to spend their free time is up to them, not up to the whims of non-paying (and occasionally entitled) users.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Overworld items are determined by the game's script files, which are largely undocumented.

Keep in mind that each new game increases in complexity, and very few people do heavy lifting with respect to advancing community research & tooling. The scripting engine of gen 3-5 is the same; gen 6+ uses a more complex engine.

If you are unsatisfied with a program's presented feature set, feel free to implement the functionality yourself and submit the patch, or, make your own programs. How the developers choose to spend their free time is up to them, not up to the whims of non-paying (and occasionally entitled) users.

Nah, I'm good. You have answered the question. Sorry if I was a bit disrespectful, but I do appreciate you actually answering the question. Thank you.

I'm having trouble turning on "shiny" pokemon and randomizing the pokemart for my decrypted 3DS rom using PK3DS .

Possible solutions I have already tried:

I deleted the period in front of code.bin.

I downloaded and used a different rom.

I used .Net 3DS Toolkit.

Solutions I have yet to try:

Delete Update 1.2.

Did anyone figure out how to solve this issue?

Edited by WildTurtleBot

• 2 weeks later...

having a problem with the starters in Omega Ruby, and I've pretty much been through the entire thread almost, I can successfully randomize everything else in the game except the starters for some reason triple check in the program and have random pokemon chosen, move the correct files back,  code.bin is done right, rebuild and still default starters but everything else is done correctly. No patch installed even uninstalled citra/reinstalled to make sure. Randomized Pokemon Y and works perfectly only Omega Ruby is giving me trouble. 

• 2 weeks later...